Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just picked up a Bally KISS pinball. Everything seems to work fine but the GI on the backglass.
Where should I check first on this game?
Controlled lamps are working fine as are the GI and controlled lamps on the playfield.
Just the backglass GI bulbs that are out.

#2 4 years ago

Looks like from what I have read I will need to pull fuse F5 and test out of circuit, and check connector J3 on the rectifier board.

#3 4 years ago

I had this issue w/my Power Play. Wound up being the lower connector on the rectifier board. Do yourself a favor and re-pin those wires and get new housings. It was a PITA but fixed that and some other issues. For the backglass area GI it seems like it was the larger gauge wire on the lower connector . Red wire I think.............

#4 4 years ago

Look at the middle of the big bottom connector on the rectifier board (the one with all the fuses). One or probably two of the middle pins will likely be brown. As pinkid said, you will need to repin those connectors but you should do all of them at once. They all need to be replaced if they are the originals.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks like from what I have read I will need to pull fuse F5 and test out of circuit, and check connector J3 on the rectifier board.

If your fuses are good, then yes I would look right into ALL the connectors and solders on the rectifier board.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks I will check out that connector tomorrow.
Very helpful.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 157.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside