6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Little Joe that has some flaking issues and was in HOBBY LOBBY and came across
    a package of 8X10 colored acetate sheets in 4 colors Red, Green, Yellow and Blue for like 5 bucks.
    The Bally Little Joe in my back glass was nearly gone and faded showing bare bulbs
    I used a set of xacto blades and carefuly scraped off the balance of faded red that was left and taped a piece of the red acetate
    over it and it looks pretty good, better than it did. 2 layers of red looks even better.
    Just passing it along for those who may want to try

#2 6 years ago

Sorry posted twice for some reason

#3 6 years ago

Hi banjo someone told me once
    as a cheap fix you could stick peaces of clear vinyl or mylar over the backglass on top of the chipped paint be carefull to stick it right cause only one time try.
    dont put it over the open spaces like score reals or play counter

then with acrylic paint mix color matched a little bit lighter color and paint it on.
    the let it dry and apply silver sharpy where light shouldnt come trough and white marker there light should pass trough.
    if color doesnt match then wipe and repeat.

this is a cheap fix and not for rare pins ofcourse

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-flaking-cheap-fix-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.