(Topic ID: 231001)

Backglass EXPLODED without any contact with anything?

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

121_4604 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

I just purchased 3 Playfield glass panels from a long time small glass company where I know the owner. He said tempered is weaker on the edges than plate. And for my home use pins thinks plate is better. While sharp when it breaks, not that dangerous over a pf, or when sliding in n out. Unless you make a habit of sitting on your pins. And won’t drop thousands of glass pieces into the game. So bought the plate and will see how it goes.

He's an idiot. tempered is more fragile on the edges. but the edges are fully covered. The field is much stronger on tempered and that is often hit with airballs. Plus have you ever tried to pop an old piece of tempered glass to get rid of it? its actually not as easy as people make it out to be. Plate on a pin is just stupid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-exploded-without-any-contact-with-anything?tu=Marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.