4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Timerider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Is there anything that can be done to get rid of bubbling in a translight? A few of my games have what looks to be bubbles in them almost like the translight is pulled away from the glass some. I tried removing the one translight and it almost seemed like it was glued onto the glass. I am afraid of cracking it or it breaking so I didn't go any further

#2 4 years ago

Moisture got in there. Not much you can do. I have a couple like that.

#3 4 years ago

If you are talking about a backglass, no fixing that. If you mean translight, remove it from the glass, clean and dry both and reassemble and you should be good.

#4 4 years ago

Be very carefull if translite is stuck to glass. I have had the artwork stay stuck to the glass , as the translite is removed....

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Be very carefull if translite is stuck to glass. I have had the artwork stay stuck to the glass , as the translite is removed....

I 2nd this caution on translate artwork.
    Had it happen on Williams Jokerz & Capcom Breakshot. (thankfully, both were locations were the trim/channel is, and not visible)

But regular backglass... once that bubbles... some folks have posted about hypodermic needles with superglue and flattening.

Good luck.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-bubbling-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.