8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wizzardz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2287_(Large).JPG
    IMG_2283_(Large).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a really nice Wizard! backglass that I'm looking to touch up and preserve. I have two issues I could use some help with.

One is that the back glass has a a small mud dauber nest on. I was able to break the top of it away, but I'm quite certain that trying to break the rest away would damage the backglass. I can slowly reconstitute the mud and wipe it away. Otherwise there is a fine layer of dirt on the entire back. How sturdy is the backglass paint to getting moist (not wet) or being gently wiped if its otherwise in good shape? I think I can get most if not all the mud off with only minor effort/pressure.

The next is the the backglass lift channel. What is the best way to remove this old rusted thing without trashing the backglass. Note that the paint missing in the pic is the only I've found.

IMG_2283_(Large).JPG IMG_2287_(Large).JPG

#3 8 years ago

In doing more research, I'm seeing where many recommend using a cloth or paper towel (I'll stick with a soft cloth) moistened with window cleaner and gentle wiping of the painted side to clean it.

Am I asking for more trouble moistening with H2O or window cleaner (or even 92% isopropyl)?

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Do you have a manual or schematics so that you know what type of fuse you need????

I have the fuses and fuse holder on order. Given the condition of the machine, I was surprised that all the paper placards are in place, albeit covered in grime.

I'm thinking I'm going to use a dropper and a cloth to get the mud off...moistening it until it just comes off

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I have gently wiped the back down with a moist (water) towel and had no issues yet.

Thanks Clubber, that's exactly the real-world input I was looking for. I certainly plan to take it slow and easy when I do take it off. Right now, I don't have to do anything. In fact, if the pin comes back to life, i won't have to do anything then as the mud doesn't affect anything in the machine. The only circumstance where I'd need to remove the mud (and lift channel for that matter) is if i decide to frame the backglass.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I would rather have it off then have whatever acids/chemicals in the mud slowly attacking the artwork.

Good point. Guess I'm back to my plan of using a dropper and Qtips to reconstitute and remove it bit by bit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 89.99
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside