(Topic ID: 48150)

BackBox - "Yellow Text Wording" Where to find?

By PinPlayer2

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen3.JPG
    screen2.JPG
    screen.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwistedPins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Has those of you who have used stencils found them to work well without all the mess and bleed from stencils.

Our stencils are made out of a automotive paint mask and not ordinary vinyl. You will not have any bleed through or any other issues if they are applied correctly before painting.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Dumb question, but these are obviously one time use right?

I have the files to make a screen and was planning to do so this Summer, but for the amount of times I'll use it, maybe buying 2-3 stencils would be more economic and less time consuming.

I would asume that he biggest PITA would be "weeding" all the small bits of mask inside the letters once the paint is dry.

Yes the backbox stencils would be a one time use. The reason is the small amount of mask that is in between the letters will tear will removing the stencil after painting the backbox. All of our other cabinet stencils could be re used if they are removed and stored properly.

Weeding the stencil to start with after plotter cuts it out is a huge PITA. For the amount of time we put into them there is no profit really on these.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Question Twisted Pin, I didn't realize it was a one use stencil. Do you have or can you make a reusable stencil?

There is no way to make this reusable. The reason for that is the way the vinyl is cut for the "A" it is not a continous piece. So when you remove the stencil from the backbox you still will have to go back and remove all the little pieces of vinyl that are part of each "A". This is due to the font style that Williams choose to use.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would love to see this work. I tried this years ago with a vinyl stencil and it was a disaster. I had no bleed through issues. What I had was an issue with the text paint sticking to the cab paint.

Here's what happened to me. The second page is the result.

http://www.pinballmadness.net/collections/main.php?g2_itemId=17956

Yeah that did not turn out well at all! Our paint mask is not regular vinyl like most stencils that other people are selling. This is an Oracal paint mask that is designed for automotive paint so it can hold up to anything you throw at it. If you allow the proper cure time before you remove the stencil then there is no way our stencil would do that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwistedPins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backbox-yellow-text-wording-where-to-find?tu=TwistedPins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.