New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 260149)

Classic Bally - Backbox Wiring Harness Question

By John_In_WI

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Working on a Viking project. The wiring harness in the backbox has a "Hot Dog" (Hotdoggin' ?) tag on it.

I'm assuming games of this vintage with the same board set will have the same wiring harness in the back box.

True?

#2 8 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Working on a Viking project. The wiring harness in the backbox has a "Hot Dog" (Hotdoggin' ?) tag on it.
I'm assuming games of this vintage with the same board set will have the same wiring harness in the back box.
True?

That is common and probably done at the factory. My Playboy had hang tags in that said Bobby Orr’s Power Play. They were crossed out and somebody wrote in pencil “Playboy” on them.

#3 8 months ago

The early Bally games there were few if any differences between the backbox cables. I believe both games have the identical board set so they could share cables.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.50
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 50.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside