(Topic ID: 271202)

Backbox podcast: Let's Talk About Diversity!

By cait001

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 456 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FAE09FBD-B24D-4CAA-9E1E-31339E19CB13.gif
    810D1D3D-5F27-4325-B5EA-1F16518C4FAE (resized).jpeg
    AC912FDE-DC42-4A45-84E8-6E577385CBF6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200627_142525 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200627-135018~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200627-132843~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200627-132902~2 (resized).png
    20200627_132227 (resized).jpg
    391F323D-0F24-4F3A-84CC-CB7B2D063C3A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FC327CBB-772E-42E2-80A0-4EC466CE7A4D (resized).jpeg
    46gmpf (resized).jpg
    EC7774BE-63A5-49D0-AC58-9BBAD345E72C (resized).jpeg
    61F22975-965D-4615-A214-2BA732F6B180 (resized).jpeg
    begging.gif
    yesyesyes.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (3 years ago)

Post #106 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I don’t care to listen to this. I don’t care to read the thread.
    Why is pinball segregated? Why are there women’s tournaments? It’s stupid. It’s not like basketball - where there’s obvious reasons as to why there are separate leagues. I understand women’s pinball groups, but not women’s pinball tournaments.
    Why not LGBT pinball tournaments? Why not POC pinball tournaments? Because it’s stupid, that’s why. Everyone has the opportunity to be equally good at pinball.
    IN REAL LIFE:
    I just want the black and brown stripes off of the rainbow flag. All lives matter. That is all.

I only came here to respond to your comments that someone pointed out to me. But I’m sick of people being ignorant for the sake of being ignorant. You don’t have to go out being an activist for all causes but you also don’t have to be a dick to people with opinions different of your own? You think women’s tournaments are stupid? Guess what I think your never ending antics and showmanship while you play are stupid. I let you do them because it didn’t affect me nor did it harm anyone, and I never said anything about it. You don’t like wow men’s events and won’t educate yourself as to why they exist? Fine keep it to yourself then. Why are their separate women’s tournaments you ask? We may all have equal ability to play well like you said but we can’t get all of them to play in regular events because many men don’t make them feel comfortable at those events. And spouting off saying you don’t think they should exist just fuels that fire of why they don’t want to come to open events.

Sorry if your life is so sad you have to take it out on others. There’s plenty to do and enjoy in this life. Stop going out of your way to come into a thread about diversity if your not here to have an open conversation. This isn’t about you. Your antics have been tolerated long enough and are flat out annoying. But spouting off ignorance won’t be tolerated around here ok? We’ve welcomed you into our places and given you many chances. You won’t keep getting them. You’re young. You still have A LOT of learning to do in life. I really hope you learn a lot more before you find no place left for you in this hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backbox-podcast-let-s-talk-about-diversity?tu=Whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.