(Topic ID: 256586)

Backbox lock for Big Guns 7/8 inch cam lock (counter clockwise ? )

By Pinasco

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinasco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coin door lock (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hi !
    I have a Big Guns thats missing its backbox lock.
    When I read about this machine it says it belongs to a few types of Sys11 games that need a 7/8 cam lock in the backbox that rotates counter clockwise (left) ?

My problem; most of the webshops that sell this kind of lock seem to just offer the "normal" version of that cam lock, thats is the ones who turns right.

Do You guys have any suggestions where to find a inexpensive fitting lock for the BG backbox ? Is there any way to modify a normal cam lock so it will function correctly in a Big Guns ?

Thanks in advance
    Jörgen

#2 4 years ago

you can lift the little restrictor plate & flip it over or change the orientation for left hand turn.

coin door lock (resized).jpgcoin door lock (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

Thanks Chas, that looks like a simple and inexpensive solution. Much appreciated !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backbox-lock-for-big-guns-7-8-inch-cam-lock-counter-clockwise-?hl=pinasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.