(Topic ID: 68366)

Backbox Lightbox? - not sure how I feel about this...

By mof

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Spybryon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0141.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg
IMAG0135.jpg
IMAG0134.jpg
IMAG0132.jpg
backbox lightbox.jpg
#1 10 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

I guess this approach makes a little sense if he's parting out machines that are beyond repair, but... If I were an owner of either machine and needed a backglass, I'd be buying this from him, and then Tossing the backbox and his work.

-mof

backbox lightbox.jpgbackbox lightbox.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Looks like you get a set of Pinscore displays with it too.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

Looks like you get a set of Pinscore displays with it too.

Good point. This isn't making much sense economically to me.
-mof

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

Seriously. I want to purchase just for the display.....

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

that's weird.... He has a lot of different random stuff for sale. I almost wonder if he acquired these somehow and is just reselling them and has no idea what they are worth. Backglass + box + working pinscore display for 50$??? I am kinda tempted to bid on that firepower one, that's a great cheap decoration.

#6 10 years ago

Where is the CPU board that's putting out the "Factory Setting" message?

#7 10 years ago

So do you get both (Firepower & Grand Lizard)...or is the Firepower picture a mistake. I don't get it. His write up sucks bad.

#8 10 years ago

Perhaps we should ask him some questions?
-mof

#9 10 years ago

Guys. I think this is the storage wars dude selling these. Look at the user name.

#10 10 years ago

It looks like the seller took down the original listing and relisted with the correct pictures. Judging by the rest of the junk they have in their eBay store I am willing to be he has no idea what he actually has. I am curious about the handles on top of the boxes.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Direwolf:

curious about the handles on top of the boxes.

Salesman boxes for demonstrating Pinscore displays???

#12 10 years ago

I also love that someone went ti the trouble to put pinscore displays in it, yet the rest of the lighting is just christmas lights!

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

I got the Grand Lizard auction. The back glass on mine is flaking really bad, and I've been wanting to go to LED displays since I've got a couple that are on the way out on mine. Just hope the back glass arrives in one piece, and the Pinscore displays are actually the ones for use with System 11s.

#14 10 years ago

Nice! Keep us posted...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I got the Grand Lizard auction. The back glass on mine is flaking really bad, and I've been wanting to go to LED displays since I've got a couple that are on the way out on mine. Just hope the back glass arrives in one piece, and the Pinscore displays are actually the ones for use with System 11s.

Cool man!
-mof

1 week later
#16 10 years ago

This thing showed up today. Was relieved to see that it was well over packed! The dog was a little intimidated...
IMAG0132.jpgIMAG0132.jpg

Quoted from Spybryon:

Where is the CPU board that's putting out the "Factory Setting" message?

Opened up the case and found a Police Force (marked Williams 573) board in the back. A little strange to see a System 11B board hooked up to a Pinscore for System 11...
IMAG0134.jpgIMAG0134.jpg

Here's the old and new backglasses together, new on the right. The only bummer about the new backglass is a scratch across the center mandrill, but I can live with that a lot more than I can with my old flaking backglass.
IMAG0135.jpgIMAG0135.jpg
IMAG0137.jpgIMAG0137.jpg

Old backglass with old displays.
IMAG0141.jpgIMAG0141.jpg

New backglass with Pinscore displays.
IMAG0142.jpgIMAG0142.jpg

Feel pretty lucky scoring a backglass and Pinscores for $170 shipped. I almost dropped $200 on a set of Pinscores last spring, glad I didn't.

#17 10 years ago

Wow what a deal!!! Nice

Rob

#18 10 years ago

Not to mention a free System 11 board. What do those normally go for, $200-$300?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from GListOverflow:

Not to mention a free System 11 board. What do those normally go for, $200-$300?

#20 10 years ago

I'd say you did pretty good

#21 10 years ago

That was an awesome deal!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backbox-lightbox-not-sure-how-i-feel-about-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.