Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DruTheFu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5225.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

A friend of mine gave me a LED kit for Twilight zone backbox. I dont know where this kit is coming from.
Unfortunately, he did not give me any install instructions.

I have 3 little bags with 3 different numbers.

Do you have any install guide for backbox LED kit ?

thanks.

#2 6 years ago

I've noticed your post but don't have any good advice.

If it helps, I have LEDS installed on my TZ.
Here is a photo of the backbox with the backglass removed.

IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG

#3 6 years ago

Adult Lite Brite!

Just start putting them in and moving them around......after a half hour checking them with the translight, it'll look great.....you cant really do anything wrong!

#4 6 years ago

well 555 means standard wedge shaped bulbs whcih everything in the backbox should be.
545 are blinkers, they should go in the bulb holders that are black...as you can see in the picture above.
Don't know what other number there would be, unless you just mean a color in front of a number.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Adult Lite Brite!
Just start putting them in and moving them around......after a half hour checking them with the translight, it'll look great.....you cant really do anything wrong!

Agreed! Throw them in there and put glass on and then off multiple times till you get what you like!

#6 6 years ago

I think it's not going to be a big deal, thanks Fanatic for the pictures of yours that will help me a lot !
I have 3 bags with numbers:

- 68/26 (for the most common white LEDs I guess)
- 14 with "Blinker", I guess they are the center top ones (7 LEDs)
- 28 with "Change", I guess they are color changes for the door (7 LEDs)

IMG_5225.JPG

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I think it's not going to be a big deal, thanks Fanatic for the pictures of yours that will help me a lot !
I have 3 bags with numbers:
- 68/26 (for the most common white LEDs I guess)
- 14 with "Blinker", I guess they are the center top ones (7 LEDs)
- 28 with "Change", I guess they are color changes for the door (7 LEDs)

I think blinkers usually go in the black sockets

#8 6 years ago

Bag on the right might be Blue colored as there are 7 of them and 7 spots at the very top as seen in Fanatic's pic

#9 6 years ago

The ones that say "Blinkers" go into the black sockets. There are 6 of these sockets, so you have an extra LED. All sockets take 555 wedge-base bulbs or LED equivalents. The black slots are just color-coded for 545 bulbs or led equivalents, which are the same as 555 except they have a built-in blinking function.

The 7 "C-Change" I assume are color-changers. They go into white sockets of your preference. They can go either in the 7 sockets at the top so that "Twilight Zone" changes colors on the translite, or they can be placed in the kite-looking constellation of sockets on the right in order to make the door behind Rod Serling change colors.

The rest of the LEDs are simply white 555 replacements and go in the rest of the white sockets.

Remember that you can mix and match bulbs/LEDs to your own taste. Just make sure that any one you use is meant to go in a 555 bulb socket.

#10 6 years ago

Also consider if the backbox is too bright after, you can take out 1/3 of the normal 555s.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks all for your replies ! I'm ready for the nice upgrade

3 years later
#12 2 years ago

Does anyone have a color mapping of which type of and color light goes into which specific light slot, preferably based on the original layout of colors?

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davenport, IA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside