Back to The Knife

By Azmodeus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My stroke last year was caused by Afib. Then I had complications and three brain surgeries. That is all going very good now. But my risk of further stroke is skyrocketed and Afib needs to be corrected permanently if possible. Enter the watchman procedure. I will become the watchman.

http://www.watchman.com/how-watchman-device-works.html

So this team that is going to cut me next Friday is spearheaded by a lead surgeon who has been championing this procedure in America for the last 17 years. My team is amazing, to say the least.

Not really looking forward to this still. I'm a little afraid to be honest. I have seen too many things go wrong now. The odds of something going so wrong on my last surgery was more than 60,000 to one. It still happened to me. It just doesn't seem to matter, thats what scares me. Everything should be fine.

#2 7 years ago

Good luck! Stay strong and lean on that great wife you described in another thread

#3 7 years ago

Sounds like you have a great team working on you. Stay positive and looking forward to hearing your success story

#4 7 years ago

they are going to put a weird movie in your chest?
id be worried too

#5 7 years ago

Good luck buddy! We're all pulling for you up here in NorCal

#6 7 years ago

OH man, so cool that they can stick a thing in your leg and thread it all the way up to your heart. Good luck with the surgery, should be a cinch after everything else you've been through.

#7 7 years ago

After all you been through you got this no problem. So after your surgery we will want updates so cheers see you after your nap.

#8 7 years ago

Best wishes to you and your family and Dr.'s/staff, and for a speedy recovery.

#9 7 years ago

Hoping for your good health !

LTG : )

#10 7 years ago

You got this Mike. Your recovery is amazing and proof that nothing's gonna hold you down.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

OH man, so cool that they can stick a thing in your leg and thread it all the way up to your heart.

I had an angiogram with that procedure...and was awake for the whole thing. It was weird as fuuuuuuuuck. Interesting to "witness", but uncomfortable at times. I don't recommend it lol. Thankfully it revealed that my arteries were 100% squeeky clean!

Good luck, Mike!

#12 7 years ago

thanks everyone. Just want to get it over with. It's not brain surgery...

#13 7 years ago

You will be just fine waiting to hear your post op Post!

#14 7 years ago

You came this far, you will be fine.

#15 7 years ago

It's amazing what modern medicine is capable of, you'll be back to flipping before you know it.

#16 7 years ago

Wishing you the best. I am sure it is scary and stressful but it absolutely beats the alternative of doing nothing to take control of your condition .Just remember you are taking all risk needed and required to be the best you can for the long term.

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

Thanks everyone my procedure was postponed until April now. A couple weeks. I am not happy I was looking forward to maybe putting all this behind me sort of.

smile show up and be thankful. That's all I can really do now. March forward regardless of setbacks and reschedulings. I'm not looking forward to more surgeries.

#18 7 years ago

I feel your pain....hang strong, they have waffled on my surgery as well.....Keep Positive!

#19 7 years ago

Best wishes on a speedy recovery when you do have your procedure!

#20 7 years ago

Praying your operation is a complete success and that recovery is quick. Thanks for sharing your ordeal here and know that everybody here (not just those commenting) are behind you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-knife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.