Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by jimgravina
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
01 (resized).jpg

#1 35 days ago

Hey Guys,

Been playing my BTTF Pin (never played this game before) and I had a question about the "special when lit" feature. I notice after I keep hitting the green DOC targets on the right, the bonus multiplier increases. It eventually gets to the RED 6X LITE SPECIAL...

However, I am not sure what to do or what happens next. I assumed the left and/or right drain line SPECIAL WHEN LIT would light up and I would get something special, but the drain line inserts don't come on (and yes, they have working bulbs).

What am I missing? Maybe they don't have anything to do with each other but if that's the case, when DO the drain line SPECIALS come on?

Thanks,
Jim

01 (resized).jpg
#2 35 days ago

maybe you aren't completing it correctly?

#3 35 days ago

from the manual

may wanna check the settings as well

#4 35 days ago

Yeah I checked all of that, but I think I know what it might be. I have the game set up to not award credits, but to award extra balls. Maybe because I am not awarding credits, there is no reason for a SPECIAL WHEN LIT?

Im new to Pinball machines and have been learning but thats my guess?
Jim

#5 34 days ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

Yeah I checked all of that, but I think I know what it might be. I have the game set up to not award credits, but to award extra balls. Maybe because I am not awarding credits, there is no reason for a SPECIAL WHEN LIT?
Im new to Pinball machines and have been learning but thats my guess?
Jim

Take the glass off and play around until you get it?

2 weeks later
#6 18 days ago

Hey Guys,

I had some time to play around with this. I took the glass off and went into test mode to ensure that all switches and targets are working.

I also ran a game manually pressing switches to activate the 6X multiplier award (which also says lite special).

In doing this, the “6X lite special” lights up nice and red, however the “special when lit” outlane lights Still do not lite.

I know the lights are not dead as they display just fine in attract mode, and I have tried switching the setting to BOTH, SLING, and FLIPPER.

I am out of ideas...could it be something Software Or MPU related? I honestly don’t even know what supposed to happen when you do get a special when lit award....

Jim

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside