image-591.jpg
power supply.jpg
on legs side.jpg
new glass.jpg
flipper buttons.jpg
cable tie.jpg
ac power.jpg
back stickers.jpg
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago

looks fantastic. Nice to see some DE getting the full love.

#152 9 years ago

Very Nice. Love the extensive pics documenting the restore...Everything is coming together nicely. Good luck to you!

#153 9 years ago

Very creative with the AC! Thanks for quick responses to my pm questions!

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Very creative with the AC! Thanks for quick responses to my pm questions!

Your welcome. I am always experimenting and if I come up with any better methods I will let you know.

1 week later
#155 9 years ago

Finally got some time to work tonight. I have done several undercab lighting and have used the pins power supply and have not had any issues but I have read a lot about people thinking you can over tax the power system by loading up with mods. I have not found a definite answer on this but since I am using lighted flipper buttons and I will actually be installing 2 strips of LEDs under the cab, I decided to install a separate power supply for the mods. I will also be able to power the topper and also do the sound mod if I want too with this power supply.

Tapped into the main 120 volt down stream of the switch.
ac power.jpgac power.jpg

Then I ran the wires to the new power supply and then wired the 12volt from the new power supply to the flipper buttons. There is also a Y adapter that will power the rest of the mods.
power supply.jpgpower supply.jpg

We have power.
flipper buttons.jpgflipper buttons.jpg

Next I will install the under cab lighting.

Here are the new backbox stickers and data sticker. I went ahead and made them original so they say Germany.
back stickers.jpgback stickers.jpg

Some machines have this but if they don't, I install this cable tie and fasten it to the machine. Takes the load off the wires going down to the main cab especially when lowering the backbox.
cable tie.jpgcable tie.jpg

Its on its own legs.
on legs side.jpgon legs side.jpg

New glass installed.
new glass.jpgnew glass.jpg

#157 9 years ago

Got the under cabinet orange lighting done.
image-591.jpgimage-591.jpg

#158 9 years ago

Finally got the coin door done with my custom coin inserts.
coin door.jpgcoin door.jpgcoin inserts.jpgcoin inserts.jpg

All that's left is to do some testing and adjusting and making the topper.

#159 9 years ago

Great inserts!

#160 9 years ago

Yeah coin inserts are cool.....made me giggle for a second

#161 9 years ago

But then you might have the someone think your game stinks.....Peeeeee eweeeee.

Great inserts. Great restoration all around. nice work.

#162 9 years ago

Extremely awesome restoration and a total inspiration for me as i am about to tackle a very similar challenge
It's going to be a bit less professional but i will try to give my best.

Really high class work on this awesome machine, congratulations and thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
Ben

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Extremely awesome restoration and a total inspiration for me as i am about to tackle a very similar challenge
It's going to be a bit less professional but i will try to give my best.
Really high class work on this awesome machine, congratulations and thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
Ben

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck with your restoration and don't be afraid to try something. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The most important part is to make sure you have fun with it.

What machine you restoring?

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

What machine you restoring?

it is veeery similar to yours

Foto-7.JPGFoto-7.JPG

same small spots of wear as yours, dirty as hell, but working perfectly

I'm currently dissassembling the playfield, already started to test-lift the mylar in a corner, comes off without problems. I hope it stays this way, i'm gonna start a thread in the coming days

Quoted from Lonzo:

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck with your restoration and don't be afraid to try something. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Thanks and i will definitly come up with some questions

Cheers
Ben

#165 9 years ago

Well, I did all the testing and adjusting and the machine is running perfect. At this point the "restoration" is finished and the Machine is ready for the game room.

I started the topper last night but I will not be able to use the original LEDs so I will have to re-wire the Delorean with new LEDs. I had to order them from China so it will be a couple of weeks before I can start the work. Since some people may be interested in this topper, but not a restoration, I will start a new thread when I start to work on it. I will post a link here when I start the thread.

Thanks for following and if you have any questions about anything I did, just let me know and I will be happy to answer.

Now for the next project, it will be Fire or Apollo 13......Decisions Decisions.

#166 9 years ago

One more picture to show. The Machine is finally home in the Game room. I will add the topper when it is done.
machines2.jpgmachines2.jpg

4 weeks later
#167 9 years ago

I finally got the topper made. Here is the thread that talks about its construction.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-custom-topper

I guess the restoration is officially over. I have really enjoyed playing this pin.

Now I can concentrate on Fire.

4 months later
3 weeks later
#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I will also be doing a sound mod that will cut out all the background noise on the sound board.

I'd like to know more about this if you get a chance.

Thanks

#171 9 years ago

You did a really nice job on that game..

Congrats

1 year later
#172 8 years ago

The machine is at Texas Pinball Festival if anyone would like to see it. It is set up next to my Fire.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

The machine is at Texas Pinball Festival if anyone would like to see it. It is set up next to my Fire.

I got a chance to play it. You did an incredible job on it. The game is very smooth. I actually enjoyed the game play as well. Job well done!

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I got a chance to play it. You did an incredible job on it. The game is very smooth. I actually enjoyed the game play as well. Job well done!

Thanks. I appreciate that. Glad you enjoyed it.

#175 8 years ago

The Fire! And BTTF are in incredible shape!

#176 8 years ago

giving this a bump b/c this guy was the first to help me when I first got into this hobby and his BTTF looked sick. Great guy.

#177 8 years ago

Wow, what a day. took two machines to TPF this year. I have been before but this is the first time I have taken any machines. Just thought it would be fun to let people play these machines but I had no thoughts of winning anything.

Back to the future was Runner Up for best 90's machine.
bttf_(resized).JPGbttf_(resized).JPG

Fire won First Place for Best Restoration
fire_(resized).JPGfire_(resized).JPG

These two machines probably saw more action in the last 2 1/2 days than the previous 20 years. As soon as I got them back in their new gameroom, they both grabbed a pillow and went to sleep.
bed_(resized).JPGbed_(resized).JPG

Thanks to everyone that stopped by to say hello and I appreciate all the comments. See you guys next year.

Now I have to decide what to do next. Strange Science, Jurassic Park, Apollo 13, Waterworld, Corvette........

4 months later
#178 7 years ago

Amazing work on both machines! I just picked up a BTTF pin and plan to restore it. I'm comfortable with everything other than restoring the play field. Would you be willing to restore the play field/clear coat it like you did with yours? I'm willing to pay good money for good work!

#179 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Never thought about doing playfield restorations but also have too many projects going on right now. Maybe when I get done with everything and have nothing to do, I will think about it. Lol

Congrats on the BTTF.

7 months later
#180 7 years ago

Should make for an interesting conversation if I get pulled over on my way to TPF.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

7 months later
#181 6 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

I'd like to know more about this if you get a chance.
Thanks

Me too. Just got a bttf and wanted to do some sound upgrades

7 months later
#182 5 years ago

Great Restore LONZO, could you please share the decals of pop bumper and insert ? I want change on my BTTF Pinball
please send to [email protected]
Color code of blue used for paint the cabinet ?
and speaker on cabinet are 4 or 8 ohm ? (in mine i missing)

Thanks and Regards

6 months later
#183 5 years ago

Just in case anyone is interested I started my next restoration of a Bally Harley Davidson. Here we go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-harley-davidson-restoration#post-4775884

4 months later
#184 4 years ago

Hello everyone. Got some cool news (or at least I think its cool). lol
I am starting a YouTube channel that will be mostly dedicated to pinball restoration. Many of you have followed my restoration threads and I appreciate all the feedback. It's fun so I thought I would expand a little bit. I will still have my restore threads but I hope to add videos that compliment and show what and how I do things instead of just pictures.
I have a few videos up and would appreciate any comments. Keep in mind that I am just starting this so I will get better. Please be gentle.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPh4fgdB6s2clf50tpaMwSg

#185 4 years ago

Nice. I look forward to watching your restos.

1 month later
#186 4 years ago

There is a segment in my latest video that talks about all my Back to the Future mods.

11 months later
#187 3 years ago

If anyone is interested. I started my Apollo 13 Restoration.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-restoration

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-restoration/page/4?hl=deafcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.