Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BTTF (resized).JPG
    FB_IMG_1534455635843 (resized).jpg
    Well+teach+them+not+to+rape+when+teaching+them+not+_7b4de26923207ef111f2acbfb0a88161 (resized).jpg
    725F040E-D0B7-4466-A937-B0F5C72743B6 (resized).jpeg
    1EF068CF-855A-43FF-BA21-57A225C78189 (resized).png
    deloran (resized).PNG
    JSC Rocket Park DMC-12 - Driver Side medium (resized).jpg
    Jeremiah's VR6 Delorean (2) (resized).jpg
    shakyJ.gif
    38454721_10155926706923710_2071581598670651392_o (resized).jpg
    064A9AC1-C51F-4DEE-8AA3-490A77B8F42F (resized).jpeg
    20180708_121043 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago

Not only is it a great license, but unlike some other dream themes, it seems like a very available license that Universal is willing to contract out for various projects and allow some degree of creative freedom. In the past 5 years, there has been a new BTTF video game (with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Doc, Michael J. Fox making a cameo, and Tom Wilson coming back to voice Biff for the anniversary edition), BTTF comic books, television commercials, books, virtual pinball, appearances on late-night talk shows, comicons, etc. They have even used Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown in a new bonus feature for the Blu-Ray re-release, the 2011 Nike MAGs campaign, a strange series of South American applicance store commercials, the Lego Dimensions video game, and more. I do not know much about licensing (and some of these examples are Universal projects), but BTTF seems like a franchise that has been licensed out for many more projects than other franchises out there, especially in recent years. Go get it!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Straight from Biff..not happening.

He's kind of come around since this was released. He has been appearing at more conventions with other BTTF actors, and recently did new voice work as Biff for the BTTF video game.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wish I went to this last week in Boston.
    [quoted image]

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. Back in the day when Tom Wilson was doing his stand-up comedy and the BTTF Question song, he would never go to these types of events. They have all really embraced these reunions in recent years, well except Crispin Glover - which is a whole different set of issues.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I talked with Gary last year about BTTF.
    He said... not the good market as it scores only 2/3
    1) young people, bar players: no

Oh Gary...kids are lining up around the block for days for all things Munsters.

#64 5 years ago

Probably did not help sales that BTTF was a solid state machine launching in a DMD world. Like trying to sell the world's last landline telephone right before the launch of the cell phone.

#74 5 years ago

I fully admit that this would be my grail pin and I am biased in favor of finding ways to make this happen. I appreciate the points that were raised as to why this would not work, but I still believe BTTF would sell better than some of the upcoming themes being kicked around today. I understand that 60's nostalgia appeals to many of the current buyers in the pinball market, but I think 80's franchises would go a long way to pull in a new generation of potential buyers, collectors, and players (like we saw with Ghostbusters). Nostalgia is still a powerful tool. The Data East game might not have sold Medieval Madness or T2 numbers, but the asking price of that game has skyrocketed, and some people are paying it...based on the theme/nostalgia alone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-remake?tu=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.