Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BTTF (resized).JPG
    FB_IMG_1534455635843 (resized).jpg
    Well+teach+them+not+to+rape+when+teaching+them+not+_7b4de26923207ef111f2acbfb0a88161 (resized).jpg
    725F040E-D0B7-4466-A937-B0F5C72743B6 (resized).jpeg
    1EF068CF-855A-43FF-BA21-57A225C78189 (resized).png
    deloran (resized).PNG
    JSC Rocket Park DMC-12 - Driver Side medium (resized).jpg
    Jeremiah's VR6 Delorean (2) (resized).jpg
    shakyJ.gif
    38454721_10155926706923710_2071581598670651392_o (resized).jpg
    064A9AC1-C51F-4DEE-8AA3-490A77B8F42F (resized).jpeg
    20180708_121043 (resized).jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I was wondering how many people would be interested or excited if a new Back to the Future pinball machine was created by someone like Jersey Jack? Could you imagine how freaking awesome it would be? I mean off the top of my head I could see a flux capacitor on the playfield, a Delorean, maybe a hover board, and then maybe Michael J. Fox would give his permission to use his face on the game itself. I think this is a machine that needs to be redone and done the right way. I'd buy one sight unseen if someone like Jersey Jack announced it. What do you say?

#2 5 years ago

A near perfect trilogy that translates perfectly into a pinball theme. Now with LCD displays to show footage for various modes it would be awesome. Not that the DE ver isn't good but it could use an update. This title along with Jaws should be considered.

#4 5 years ago

As a DeLorean owner and avid BTTF viewer, this would possibly - POSSIBLY - be the one JJP title I'd buy. Of course, it would cost about as much as my DeLorean when I first bought it back in 2003 as a running project car.....

Shameless picture of car because I can : ). Pinside sticker on the Honda Fit's back left window will help prove that it's indeed mine ; ).

20180708_121043 (resized).jpg20180708_121043 (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As a DeLorean owner and avid BTTF viewer, this would possibly - POSSIBLY - be the one JJP title I'd buy. Of course, it would cost about as much as my DeLorean when I first bought it back in 2003 as a running project car.....
    Shameless picture of car because I can : ). Pinside sticker on the Honda Fit's back left window will help prove that it's indeed mine ; ).
    [quoted image]

Thats so awesome. One day I'll own a Delorean. Huge BTTF fan and I would buy one sight unseen. Love my Data East one but hate that it doesn't have MJF likeness on it.

#6 5 years ago

that would sure be a awesome pin.

biff modes and manure!! multiball lol.

I would love to play it. be cool if the ball floated like a hoverboard

#7 5 years ago

Shameless DLO plug. Im parking the new pin next to this bad boy. Come on JJP.

064A9AC1-C51F-4DEE-8AA3-490A77B8F42F (resized).jpeg064A9AC1-C51F-4DEE-8AA3-490A77B8F42F (resized).jpeg
    #8 5 years ago

BRING IT ON !!!!

Please

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

[quoted image]

Gorgeous! I am envious! I hope she is manual with the grey interior.

Looks like she is a slightly later 81 build since the separate cut gas flap cover isn't on the hood?... but not so late or 82/83 as your hood doesn't appear completely flat and has the hood style lines or "bone" lines there?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Shameless DLO plug. Im parking the new pin next to this bad boy. Come on JJP.
    [quoted image]

Nice man!!! Good to see a fellow owner!! 15 years for me this November. Swapped my motor to a VR6 turbocharged. About to swap my 3 auto to the 5 speed manual to let the VR6 really unleash.

38454721_10155926706923710_2071581598670651392_o (resized).jpg38454721_10155926706923710_2071581598670651392_o (resized).jpg

Quoted from spinout:

Gorgeous! I am envious! I hope she is manual with the grey interior.
    Looks like she is a slightly later 81 build since the separate cut gas flap cover isn't on the hood?... but not so late or 82/83 as your hood doesn't appear completely flat and has the hood style lines or "bone" lines there?

"Lil' Stainless" has a grey interior indeed. About to be a manual as you can see above. Engine was swapped with the VR6 from a Jetta/Passat in 2014. Lowered with Wilwood brake hardware. It is an Aug 81 build. I was born Aug 81. It was meant to be ; ).

Motor swap is below. You can match the license plate in the picture with the picture of the 5 speed to prove it : ).

This thing gets to 88 mph real quick now.

Jeremiah's VR6 Delorean (2) (resized).jpgJeremiah's VR6 Delorean (2) (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

Will it come with a shaker this time?

shakyJ.gifshakyJ.gif
    #12 5 years ago

I joined the DeLorean club 3 years ago and still have a blast with it! Mine's an early '81 with the gas flap hood. The car is signed by Christopher Lloyd, Thomas F. Wilson (Biff), Claudia Wells (Part I Jennifer), & Jeffrey Weissman (George McFly; Parts II & III)

And yeah, I definitely would like to see a new BttF machine too! So much potential!

JSC Rocket Park DMC-12 - Driver Side medium (resized).jpgJSC Rocket Park DMC-12 - Driver Side medium (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

How about a DeLorean remake!?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

How about a DeLorean remake?

Not gonna happen because the flux capacitor is unobtanium.

#15 5 years ago

Please do this JJP! A Back to the Future trilogy pinball would sell like crazy, and I bet sell better then Willy Wonka or Toy Story.

LE? Laser etched 304 grade stainless side armor (same as Delorean) with time circuit lighting affects! (think Star Trek LE)

#16 5 years ago

Yes, there'd be a market for a BTTF pin just like a million other themes. They can't all get made.

#17 5 years ago

If getting Michael J. Fox on board would be an issue as a gesture of good will maybe JJP making a donation to Michael J. Foxes foundation for every game sold would help to allow JJP to use his likeness / audio and video from the films.

#18 5 years ago

I think Stern would do a great job making bttf again instead of jjp.
    Bttf needs a fast playfield and no widebody.
    So a jjp is out of the question.

#19 5 years ago

Honestly though, really?!!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

Dialed in???

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

Back to the Future pinball needs multiple toys and deep code covering all 3 movies so not Stern, lol.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

It'd be so awesome to have only 1 of the 3 movies coded with a playfield showing all 3 movies.

#23 5 years ago

since we are showing our delorean pics...here is mine hidden in the background. 3886 Oct 81.

just got a HUO back to the future machine that was owned by Neil Canton, the producer of all three.

deloran (resized).PNGdeloran (resized).PNG
    #24 5 years ago

A great BTTF pin just needs Thomas F. Wilson aka Biff Tannen to do the call outs and all will be right with the world.

#25 5 years ago

I'd be in.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If getting Michael J. Fox on board would be an issue as a gesture of good will maybe JJP making a donation to Michael J. Foxes foundation for every game sold would help to allow JJP to use his likeness / audio and video from the films.

What was the real reason he wasn’t on the original data easy game? I am sure I have read it was more to do with his scheduling and management than Micheal himself?

But I agree the easiest way to get Michael J Fox on board is to offer a percentage of the money from sales to his Parkinson Foundation.

Custom callouts from Micheal (Marty), Christopher (Doc) and Thomas (Biff) would make it an instant buy.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, there'd be a market for a BTTF pin just like a million other themes. They can't all get made.

True but not many themes have the following that BTTF does.

Nike & Micheal J Fox collaborated in 2011 and released a limited edition of 1500 pairs of the Nike Air Mag’s from BTTF2, they sold for 1000’s.

One of the prop shoes worn by MJ Fox in BTTF sold recently on eBay for nearly $100k so I think LE pinball sales would be an easy sell with BTTF fans.

#28 5 years ago

Looks like the cast could be happy to get back together for some custom callouts c'mon @Sternpinball & @JerseyJackPinball make this happen!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/back-to-the-future-castmates-have-epic-reunion-33-years-after-original-movie-landed/ar-BBLQUFL?ocid=ientp

#29 5 years ago

Where's the poll?

#30 5 years ago

BTTF should be the license every manufacturer is going for.

#31 5 years ago

What about a generic Delorean Time Machine game featuring voices by Louie Anderson and J. B. Smoove

"Once this vehicle achieves 141 km/h you're gonna view some formidable effects"

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What about a generic Delorean Time Machine game featuring voices by Louie Anderson and J. B. Smoove
    "Once this vehicle achieves 141 km/h you're gonna view some formidable effects"

Haha that did make me laugh, but other than JAWs, BTTF is the only absolute must buy for me!

Now we have the LCD it would be easy to make the display and graphics change depending on which time period/film your in and Gomez could recycle the BM66 turntable to have all 3 sides of the clock tower playable, chuck in a flux capacitor with 3 ball lock and spinners to crank up to 88mph to start multiball and I’m sold!!

#33 5 years ago

Not only is it a great license, but unlike some other dream themes, it seems like a very available license that Universal is willing to contract out for various projects and allow some degree of creative freedom. In the past 5 years, there has been a new BTTF video game (with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Doc, Michael J. Fox making a cameo, and Tom Wilson coming back to voice Biff for the anniversary edition), BTTF comic books, television commercials, books, virtual pinball, appearances on late-night talk shows, comicons, etc. They have even used Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown in a new bonus feature for the Blu-Ray re-release, the 2011 Nike MAGs campaign, a strange series of South American applicance store commercials, the Lego Dimensions video game, and more. I do not know much about licensing (and some of these examples are Universal projects), but BTTF seems like a franchise that has been licensed out for many more projects than other franchises out there, especially in recent years. Go get it!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Not only is it a great license, but unlike some other dream themes, it seems like a very available license that Universal is willing to contract out for various projects and allow some degree of creative freedom. In the past 5 years, there has been a new BTTF video game (with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Doc, Michael J. Fox making a cameo, and Tom Wilson coming back to voice Biff for the anniversary edition), BTTF comic books, television commercials, books, virtual pinball, appearances on late-night talk shows, comicons, etc. They have even used Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown in a new bonus feature for the Blu-Ray re-release, the 2011 Nike MAGs campaign, a strange series of South American applicance store commercials, the Lego Dimensions video game, and more. I do not know much about licensing (and some of these examples are Universal projects), but BTTF seems like a franchise that has been licensed out for many more projects than other franchises out there, especially in recent years. Go get it!

They have also licensed it out for a couple of events here in Europe, back in 2015 (October 21st in BTTF2) they did a series of secret cinema events with delorans and props present from the film, it was again done for one of the first (I think) films anniversary.

#35 5 years ago

It’s also a well know fact that both the creators of BTTF Robert Zemeckis & even more so Bob Gale have both gone on the record multiple times to say a remake will never happen!

If I recall and without googling to confirm I’m sure Bob Gales exact comment in one article/interview was along the lines of “over my dead body and even then it won’t happen”, so I guess Universal are getting as much cash for the franchise as they can from merchandise and licensing.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

It’s also a well know fact that both the creatures of BTTF Robert Zemeckis & even more so Bob Gale have both gone on the record multiple times to say a remake will never happen!
    If I recall and workout googling to confirm I’m sure Bob Gales except comment on one article/interview was along the lines of “over my dead body and even then it won’t happen”, so I guess Universal are getting as much cash for the franchise as they can from merchandise and licensing.

GOOD. About damn time SOMETHING stayed sacred.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

GOOD. About damn time SOMETHING stayed sacred.

I don’t think there is a director brave enough to try and remake BTTF but thankfully Bob is as against a remake as us.

#38 5 years ago

I don't know. Mad Max Fury Road and Blade Runner 2049 were epic remakes.

QSS

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Nike & Micheal J Fox collaborated in 2011 and released a limited edition of 1500 pairs of the Nike Air Mag’s from BTTF2, they sold for 1000’s.
    One of the prop shoes worn by MJ Fox in BTTF sold recently on eBay for nearly $100k so I think LE pinball sales would be an easy sell with BTTF fans.

Yup! Good point. Also remember the Pepsi Free Back to the Future 2 bottle that was sold? They sold out in seconds on Amazon at I think $20 and were selling for nearly $200 on EBay. Very very few themes have that type of draw.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup! Good point. Also remember the Pepsi Free Back to the Future 2 bottle that was sold? They sold out in seconds on Amazon at I think $20 and were selling for nearly $200 on EBay. Very very few themes have that type of draw.

You mean Pepsi Perfect. I gotta admit, it was Kaneda that actually hooked us up with the time they would go live on Amazon

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

A great BTTF pin just needs Thomas F. Wilson aka Biff Tannen to do the call outs and all will be right with the world.

Straight from Biff..not happening.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

He's kind of come around since this was released. He has been appearing at more conventions with other BTTF actors, and recently did new voice work as Biff for the BTTF video game.

#43 5 years ago

This thread comes up every 6 months or so. I'm sure it's one top licenses for all the manufacturers, if not THE top license. If there is an insider on here, can you tell us what the issue is with this license?

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I don't know. Mad Max Fury Road and Blade Runner 2049 were epic remakes.
    QSS

They were more continuations of the series rather than remakes. Which is what set them apart IMHO.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Everybody feels this way about their "grail" theme.

#46 5 years ago

Wish I went to this last week in Boston.

1EF068CF-855A-43FF-BA21-57A225C78189 (resized).png1EF068CF-855A-43FF-BA21-57A225C78189 (resized).png
    #47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wish I went to this last week in Boston.
    [quoted image]

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. Back in the day when Tom Wilson was doing his stand-up comedy and the BTTF Question song, he would never go to these types of events. They have all really embraced these reunions in recent years, well except Crispin Glover - which is a whole different set of issues.

#48 5 years ago

Glover is a weird dude, isn’t he? Too bad... he was my favorite character in the film.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Glover is a weird dude, isn’t he? Too bad... he was my favorite character in the film.

A weird dude for sure but his absence from the sequels is one huge reason that they aren't anywhere near as good as the first one.

I believe he won a lawsuit vs. the producers for using his likeness in the sequels without his permission/compensation.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Nah, that’s from back in the day when he had serious anxiety and distain for his role as Biff.

He has said he’s past it all these days and seems to be enjoying the attention and history of the role and franchise.

He’s done video game voice overs in last few years and has began attending conventions and anniversary celebrations so I can’t see why he wouldn’t be up for custom callouts on a pin - he’s probably the cheapest out the main 3 but also the best choice for custom callouts!

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-remake?hl=budmanpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.