Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BTTF (resized).JPG
    FB_IMG_1534455635843 (resized).jpg
    Well+teach+them+not+to+rape+when+teaching+them+not+_7b4de26923207ef111f2acbfb0a88161 (resized).jpg
    725F040E-D0B7-4466-A937-B0F5C72743B6 (resized).jpeg
    1EF068CF-855A-43FF-BA21-57A225C78189 (resized).png
    deloran (resized).PNG
    JSC Rocket Park DMC-12 - Driver Side medium (resized).jpg
    Jeremiah's VR6 Delorean (2) (resized).jpg
    shakyJ.gif
    38454721_10155926706923710_2071581598670651392_o (resized).jpg
    064A9AC1-C51F-4DEE-8AA3-490A77B8F42F (resized).jpeg
    20180708_121043 (resized).jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody feels this way about their "grail" theme.

Maybe but I just provided you with some proof/facts that BTTF has a fan base that are not afraid to spend big money, show me another franchise other than Star Wars where collectors spend the kind of crazy money Back to the Future collectors do.

$100k for a disintegrating shoe from BTTF2
    $10k - $50k on shoes for MJF charity auctions
    $100k + on Deloren BTTF builds
    $500k + For one of the Delorens used in one of films
    $30/50k for the hoverboard

Some serious cash being spent on BTTF merchandise I’d say a 10k pin would be an easy sell.

#52 5 years ago

I found this sweet “Delorean” the other day. If they could throw some Ghostbusters in and maybe some other 80s gold, maybe the pin would be even better, just like this “Delorean”.

725F040E-D0B7-4466-A937-B0F5C72743B6 (resized).jpeg725F040E-D0B7-4466-A937-B0F5C72743B6 (resized).jpeg
    #53 5 years ago

I'm in if there is a BTTF pin remake!!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

I found this sweet “Delorean” the other day. If they could throw some Ghostbusters in and maybe some other 80s gold, maybe the pin would be even better, just like this “Delorean”.
    [quoted image]

That is brilliant and to be fair I think it’s actually better than the car in the GB remake

#55 5 years ago

I talked with Gary last year about BTTF.
    He said... not the good market as it scores only 2/3
    1) young people, bar players: no
    2) Collectors: yes
    3) I buy only one pin in my life guys because of the theme: yes

I do think it could be selling enormous, but he has a point. It isn't an 'active' theme like metallica, the walking dead. But batman 66 isn't either.

So you never know.

I would sell a few games immediately to fund my purchase I'm afraid.

#56 5 years ago

Yeah, I can see them remaking a game that goes for about $1200 on a good day in today's market.

A game that the main star wanted nothing to do with.

A game that only sold about 3000 units when these movies were actually a thing.

Well+teach+them+not+to+rape+when+teaching+them+not+_7b4de26923207ef111f2acbfb0a88161 (resized).jpgWell+teach+them+not+to+rape+when+teaching+them+not+_7b4de26923207ef111f2acbfb0a88161 (resized).jpg
    #57 5 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

2) Collectors: yes
    3) I buy only one pin in my life guys because of the theme: yes
    I do think it could be selling enormous, but he has a point. It isn't an 'active' theme like metallica, the walking dead. But batman 66 isn't either.
    So you never know.
    I would sell a few games immediately to fund my purchase I'm afraid.

BUT SOMEONE PAID $600 FOR A PEPSI BOTTLE!!!

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I can see them remaking a game that goes for about $1200 on a good day in today's market.
    A game that only sold about 3000 units when these movies were actually a thing.[quoted image]

How does this argument even make sense? We aren’t saying remake Data East BTTF, secondly almost 30 years has past and the cast regularly is seen together doing BTTF stuff since at least 2015 so I’d say why wouldn’t Michael J Fox be at least interested in showing himself on the game? Third the game sold at a time when no one collected pins like they do today. Medieval had a run of less than 4K and it’s possibly the best game of all time according to a few people here. And lastly I don’t know the last time I saw a BTTF pin go for 1200 bucks. Maybe 10 years ago. Times have changed a bit

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Oh Gary...kids are lining up around the block for days for all things Munsters.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

How does this argument even make sense?

It makes sense because not every body in the world is a groupie for some 30 year old movies and most that are certainly aren't going to spend $8000-$10,000 on something like this. You've got all ten of them right here. Most people have real lives and aren't into that. The original machine wasn't much of a hit anyway even when the series was new. Also you add to that the fact that the pinball world is very small so you put the two together and you end up with a handful of each group that crosses over to each other.

But good luck with your dream!

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But good luck with your dream!

Sometimes I think that o-din and buzzkill are synonyms.

(Then there are other times where I agree with his posts.)

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Sometimes I think that o-din and buzzkill are synonyms.

I only answered the question. Except this one

Quoted from patrickvc:

Third the game sold at a time when no one collected pins like they do today.

At a time when T-2 was about to sell 15,000 units.

#63 5 years ago
    FB_IMG_1534455635843 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1534455635843 (resized).jpg
    #64 5 years ago

Probably did not help sales that BTTF was a solid state machine launching in a DMD world. Like trying to sell the world's last landline telephone right before the launch of the cell phone.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Probably did not help sales that BTTF was a solid state machine launching in a DMD world. Like trying to sell the world's last landline telephone right before the launch of the cell phone.

It also goes to show that theme alone does not sell games. Or perhaps at the time interest in the theme had already started to wane.

Kinda like buying a landline 5 years after cell phones came out.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I thought that was actually incorrect and the truth was more to do with his management/contract negotiations going on at the time.

Hasn’t Christoper Lloyd said in an interview something about Micheal actually wanting to be in the game but the above was the reason?

#67 5 years ago

Since the op is asking for opinions I will provide mine, even though it is not going to be popular in this thread. I would not buy it. I don't think the trilogy has aged well. BTTF needs to stay in the past.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Since the op is asking for opinions I will provide mine, even though it is not going to be popular in this thread. I would not buy it. I don't think the trilogy has aged well. BTTF needs to stay in the past.

This isn't a popularity contest. The OP asked about peoples interest in this, and you gave him your honest answer. And I applaud you for that.

Quoted from J85M:

I thought that was actually incorrect and the truth was more to do with his management/contract negotiations going on at the time.

Hasn’t Christoper Lloyd said in an interview something about Micheal actually wanting to be in the game but the above was the reason?

I honestly don't know the answer but I'd imagine if he was really passionate about the project, he could have found a way to get it done.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Third the game sold at a time when no one collected pins like they do today. Medieval had a run of less than 4K and it’s possibly the best game of all time according to a few people here.

The Back to the Future pin and Medieval Madness weren't made in the same era, more like 7 years apart. The market for pins was much stronger when BTTF came out.

BTTF pin came out only two years before TAF and the same year as T2, two of the highest selling games of all time.

All the best selling pins came from eras when people didn't collect pins like they do today.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It makes sense because not every body in the world is a groupie for some 30 year old movies and most that are certainly aren't going to spend $8000-$10,000 on something like this. You've got all ten of them right here. Most people have real lives and aren't into that. The original machine wasn't much of a hit anyway even when the series was new. Also you add to that the fact that the pinball world is very small so you put the two together and you end up with a handful of each group that crosses over to each other.
    But good luck with your dream! The Wizard of OZ groupies got their pin. And we know everybody loved that theme for a pinball. I’m just sayin there’s a little more of a following for this theme than a few guys who post to pinside. I’d like a new BTTF pin. I think I’ve got a life outside pinball

#71 5 years ago

BTTF sounds pretty cool for a remake, I’d be very interested depending on who builds it.

#72 5 years ago

They’d have to get all the Huey Lewis songs. Wonder if they would be tough.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

BTTF sounds pretty cool for a remake, I’d be very interested depending on who builds it.

No remake of the Data East game that would suck. It needs to be a new design, hope this happens some day it’s one of my must buys!

#74 5 years ago

I fully admit that this would be my grail pin and I am biased in favor of finding ways to make this happen. I appreciate the points that were raised as to why this would not work, but I still believe BTTF would sell better than some of the upcoming themes being kicked around today. I understand that 60's nostalgia appeals to many of the current buyers in the pinball market, but I think 80's franchises would go a long way to pull in a new generation of potential buyers, collectors, and players (like we saw with Ghostbusters). Nostalgia is still a powerful tool. The Data East game might not have sold Medieval Madness or T2 numbers, but the asking price of that game has skyrocketed, and some people are paying it...based on the theme/nostalgia alone.

#75 5 years ago

Nostalgia would sell this game easy and in big numbers I bet.

1 month later
    #76 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A game that only sold about 3000 units when these movies were actually a thing.[quoted image]

Um, I sold my BTTF last year (B- condition) for $3700 cash.

#77 5 years ago

Probably one of the best trilogies ever. They need to remake this pin, so much to work with and it could be an awesome game.

#78 5 years ago

Incase anyone is wondering whether or not kids in their early 20's know what Back to the Future is the answer is a resounding yes. Check out the video below where college students are asked if they know what movie the posters are from, starts at BTTF section. Every single person asked recognized the Back to the Future poster. In close second were The Goonies and Beetlejuice. Everyone also knew Karate Kid but I don't see that being a good theme for a pin.

The company that makes a new Back to the Future trilogy pinball machine, if done right, will have a title that will print them money. The theme has a ton of content to pull from across the 3 films which would make for unique and deep rules and above all its FUN!

BTTF (resized).JPGBTTF (resized).JPG

#79 5 years ago

I think it's a matter of time... i'm a buyer no matter from what company it get's released.
    And indeed the teltale bttf game had a very good impersonator. I am mostly very picky about this but in this case...

#80 5 years ago

Yes please! Bttf is one of my favorite films ever. But if it's ever made, please don't let me get so disappointed as with my other favorite film of all time, Ghostbusters. I was so excited for that game. It looks amazing, but plays...not amazing.

8 months later
    #81 4 years ago

A certain company keep saying the BTTF license is impossible. Yet this past weekend I'm watching stranger things, and what's playing in the theater? back to the future.. and not just like a 5 second clip, like a good 20-30 seconds of footage. Clearly universal is happy to license this movie for money.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-remake/page/2?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.