• Latest reply 10 years ago by usandthem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Free_BTTF.jpg
#1 10 years ago

About three weeks ago I was fortunate enough to have received a non working Data East Back to the Future for FREE! A gentleman responded to my WTB Broken Pinball ad on Craigslist. He had 2 machines. The BTTF and a Bally Game Show. Both were broken but he wanted to keep the Game Show. I tried to see if I could get his Game Show working for him but it was in worse condition than the BTTF so there was not much I could do. I offered to purchase the BTTF for $100 but instead he just gave it to me because I tried to help him get his Game Show working.

Got the BTTF home. Playfield and Back Glass were in pretty good condition. Just very dirty and the rubbers were history. Right side of the cabinet was pretty bad due to sun exposure but the left side is still in very good shape. Main MPU board was history due to very bad battery damage. The displays were cracked so they were history also.

Ordered new Rottendog MPU and Display from K's Arcade. - $500.00
Miscellaneous parts from Marco Specialties (replacement speaker, shooter rod, rubber kit, new balls, new drop targets, and a few other small items). - $100.00
All new LEDs to replace all the bulbs from Comet Pinball. - $200.00

So I got about $800.00 into this BTTF plus a good 20 hours work time into it. Basically just replaced the broken parts and did a good cleaning. Definitely not a restore but good enough to work and look great. Still need to do some cosmetic work on the cabinet such as repaint the armor and try to touch up the right cabinet paint and artwork.

So I'm asking for a Price Check. How did I do? $800.00 plus some work time for a 100% working Back to the Future with new MPU and Display boards, new rubbers, balls, shooter, and 100% LED. What do you think?

Here is a quick pic I took the day I brought it in. I'll take some more pics later of the pin as it is now.

Thanks!

Free_BTTF.jpgFree_BTTF.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Not bad probably worth around $1,200-1,500 tops..

#3 10 years ago

My buddy sold one at Allentown for 2200 in may

#4 10 years ago

A good deal by anyone's standards IMO, a good game at a really good price and the personal satisfaction of doing it yourself!!

#5 10 years ago

The greatest trilogy ever (in my opinion) deserved a much better pin. The game is fair at best, but I would like to have one because the franchise means so much to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.