(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 5 years ago

Only theme from the 80's that would have a chance of prying its way into my wallet: betleljuice-reboot (resized).jpgbetleljuice-reboot (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #185 5 years ago

Meh, recycled themes. Can't wait for one of the companies to recycle Robocop. Maybe Ed209 will be on the backglass!

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

true, but if film count is justification for good themes why is there only the one gottlieb freddy pinball? He made 9 movies (and rumored to be coming back for a 10th). They made 18 laurel and hardy movies, they only got prospector. If highest grossing movie is what justifies a good movie, star wars is ranked #2, gone with the wind is still number 1 (adjusted for inflation). Where's my gone with the wind pinball?
    Good theme should be about recognition, which is why they made AC/DC pinball. Beatles is the highest selling artist (hence why we have it now, but took 10 years to get the license), followed by Garth brooks. AC/DC is all the way down at #10.
    And yes, BTTF is only a trilogy because the directors agreed it doesn't need any sequels which is respectable, compared to Disney churning out whatever they can make money on. I don't follow star wars, but friends that are say the latest ones suck and have tainted the entire series because of the direction they went. However, like Ben heck has said, I do think a reboot of BTTF would be interesting now that we're in the future, and speculating what the year 2045 is like would be fun. Everyone driving electric cars through underground tunnels. Maybe teens are so socially awkward from only communicating via text that Marty has to coach his future grandson how to be a person.

I'm still waiting for the first police academy pin...

#215 5 years ago

Demo man makes up for all of them. Custom Sly callouts for the win! Reeeeplayy

#219 5 years ago

Rambo with bumpers being machine gun fire and DMD of dudes getting shot to shit.

First Blood would be the best theme though!

#225 5 years ago

Theme miss of the century:

serveimage (resized).jpgserveimage (resized).jpg

I plan on eventually converting a demo man to a Holy Grail.

1 week later
    #231 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How about the Fast and Furious franchise?
    $5,132,000,000
    8 films over a 16 year span with more planned on the way.
    All released in the 21st century
    Numerous licensed arcade and sit down driving games
    And the biggest number of all-
    ZERO... pinball machines.

44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif

#239 5 years ago

Kids weren't playing pinball in 2001. The market for pinball is not about disposable income as much as exposure. If you're currently not 35+, you're out of the target market. These toys are so expensive that you have to LOVE pinball to purchase them. That being said, they do incorporate new licences that are also pin-crowd friendly to attempt to draw in a new crowd. With all the recycling going on, it's clear that it isn't working as well as they would like. Car games haven't done that well in the past, and F&F is, as you have said, a 2001+ franchise that may not do so well. I, for one, and thankful to the pingods that they didn't make one.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Or just have a ton of monies and space.

I'd argue that relatively wealthy people wouldn't drop 6k+ on something they aren't really interested in. Most make money by making smart choices. Trump proves that isn't always the case.

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pwaka1986:

Is Stern more concerned with putting out games to do well on location or the private collection? I'm not a big fan of Stern because everything is licensed but I dig Metallica and Ghostbusters a lot. Honestly, when I saw a Ghostbusters in a bar a few years ago its what kickstarted my interest in pinball in general. Generally the titles are based on what's selling. AKA the immersion of superhero games.

I think Stern's primary market is still location; it's what kept the company alive, and I would guess their location orders are still bigger than their collector orders. But the introduction of the LE bullshit clearly shows that the collector market is significant.

#247 5 years ago

Yeah, we'd need numbers for that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.