(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yep, I contacted the guy who is the head consultant for FOX on all BTTF merchandising and licensing a couple months back, very cool guy super passionate about the franchise and he even owns a DE BTTF, at that time (unless of course he was playing coy) no pinball company looking at licensing had come across his desk.

Fox didn't make BTTF.

FAKE NEWS!

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

That’s a mistake on my part typed that’s message up at half 1 in the morning, half asleep after watching Predator FOX was in my mind.
    Ignoring my typo though, REAL NEWS!

Personally I feel BTTF is super dated and should be remade. (the movie not the pin!)

It was a movie about the differences (or lack thereof) between generations and now a generation has passed since its release. We've become nostalgic for a movie about nostalgia.

Can you imagine a modern day teen trying to navigate 1985? Much better fish out of water story than 85-55.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I’ve mentioned this before on Pinside. Everything would click, even the “Who’s President” line.
    And I hate remakes.....but this one would make sense.

They could even improve it! Maybe have Marty actually develop as a character! In the present he or she is shy and meet and can't get the attention of a person they like. Then - thanks to their 80's adventures - they learn what it really means to socialize. They return to present and walk right up to the person and ask them out.

Doc could be like a maker type dude and yeah, maybe his intention is to go back to 1998 and buy Apple stock. The terrorist angle wouldn't work (or be allowed) anymore so there's the trick of how does Marty ACCIDENTALLY go back in time which is the brilliant screenwriting trick of the original.

What was brilliant in the original was Marty didn't INTEND to time travel it was a consequence of outrunning the Libyans. What's even smarter is Doc STILL does the experiment even after learning he'll be shot, so he wears a bullet proof vest so Marty STILL gets scared and goes back in time to warn him, thus avoiding a paradox.

BTTF is one of the tightest time travel movies ever. BUT... yes.... still could be a good remake.

1 month later
    #235 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How about the Fast and Furious franchise?

Teenage boys don't buy 6k toys.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphcousman:

True they buy 40k civics.

Well their parents buy them.

F&F is a demographic mistake for pinball just like WWE. Plus Mustang was considered a failure so nobody is going to give it a chance anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.