(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from BentleyBear:

Is there anyway to find out if a licence has been bought for BTTF ?

Yep, I contacted the guy who is the head consultant for Universal on all BTTF merchandising and licensing a couple months back, very cool guy super passionate about the franchise and he even owns a DE BTTF, at that time (unless of course he was playing coy) no pinball company looking at licensing had come across his desk.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Fox didn't make BTTF.
    FAKE NEWS!

That’s a mistake on my part typed that’s message up at half 1 in the morning, half asleep after watching Predator FOX was in my mind.

Ignoring my typo though, REAL NEWS!

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from BentleyBear:

Please check again if there are any developments

Already have

Believe me there’s not many people on pinside that would want a new BTTF pin more than me.

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sure. You've got people saying don't do business with this company because of one employee, but do they do background checks on all the employees where they grocery shop, buy gasoline, get their car fixed, get their hair cuts, etc?

The simple option is when DP show the 5 or so games they say they have designed and will be showing at the 5 days of Deeproat or whatever it’s callee, simply vote with your wallet and disregard Jpops game completely!

Plenty of good guys at DP who are simply trying to make a living and provide for their families who don’t deserve to be painted with the same brush as Jflop.

4 weeks later
    #188 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, looks like no BTTF pinball by Deeproot or any manufacturer based on the comment below.
    [quoted image]

Hmmm I don’t get that from Roberts message, I get the feeling they either have the licence or someone else does, but I think it’s likely them, why else would he be overly concerned about relationships with the IP holder unless they already have the licence and as such have a responsibility to protect that IP?

I also know for a fact BTTF is pretty open when it comes to licensing, Universal have a licensing committee and the guy that overseas it is Stephen, I spoke to him several months back about BTTF being licensed for a modern pin and he said at the time no pinball companies where presently involved with Universal or himself, other than the recent Zen pinball and VPcabs projects.

He also owns an original data east BTTF pin and would love to see another made in the modern era, which is good newsmen for us as he may well support the licencing of a new BTTF pin, it’s impression I got from him.

Now he could of simply not been able to confirm any pinball manufacturers involved, which is likely if in fact there was one involved so there’s hope there. But I’d be shocked if Universal wouldn’t allow a pinball manufacturer to licence it making it “unavailable to be licensed” so it’s certainly been available, maybe it just isn’t available now?

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Universal owns more than BTTF, what if Robert wanted to do an ET or Jaws themed pinball? Can you picture that meeting? "Oh, deeproot. Yes, I saw an image shared on pinside that was BTTF artwork. Why are you claiming licenses before you have them?"

Universal are not looking at Pinside.

Besides the Internet is full of plagiarism, which I’m sure Universal has dealt with time and time again.

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

it starts with pinside, then you get some uber fan that starts contacting the IP holder if its true because they cant wait and see, and it turns into a mess. just look what happened with predator (though that was for a different reason).

Predator was certainly brought to the attention of 20th Century Fox, like you said though that was for different reasons/concerns.

But it clearly didn’t faze Fox as they then licensed Alien to Heighway.

I just hope DpR or anyone for that matter have BTTF licensed, I’d love to see another BTTF pin, hopefully this time a good one with all parties involved.

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Just thought about the Sparks and smoke thing again. What about killing jaws with the wire. Sparks and smoke. 80's theme everyone is wanting Hmmmm.

I’ll take BTTF or JAWS, ideally I’ll take one of each!

2 weeks later
    #267 5 years ago

Won’t happen anytime soon both Director and creators of BTTF Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale have gone on record many times and said that another film would be over there dead bodies.

As they have creative control they won’t allow Universal to do a reboot/remake, until there dead and even then they will try to stop it with their estates.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.