(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

https://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-tour/

Some quotes from the article, and yes I am deliberately picking and choosing pieces here, maybe just wishful thinking on my part:

"TEASER: The license is an 80s movie many people have been craving!"

"looked like a throw back to the Bally Williams era...some looked futuristic" (throwback is one word, was it deliberately written as "back to the..."? maybe not, who knows)

"they were trying to figure out a safe way to add sparks or smoke as a feature to one of the licensed themes"

#2 5 years ago

Sure sounds like BTTF! This could be very cool. I'm definitely getting excited to see what deeproot brings to the table.

#3 5 years ago

A Back to the Futre pin is long overdue and sure to be a blowout success no matter who is lucky enough to make it and have the license. Personally i would love to see it get the JJP treatment but will be a day 1 buy for me no matter who makes it...as long as its not Dutch Pinball...

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

A Back to the Futre pin is long overdue and sure to be a blowout success no matter who is lucky enough to make it and have the license. Personally i would love to see it get the JJP treatment but will be a day 1 buy for me no matter who makes it...as long as its not Dutch Pinball...

There really IS no Dutch Pinball, so you’re safe there. Agree it would be an awesome JJP theme

#5 5 years ago

Alien, version 2?

#6 5 years ago

I hope so! If it's done right I'm in day one. What an incredible theme. Sure sounds like Back to the Future based on the quote below.

"had recently had a party in the break room, celebrating landing a major license. (TEASER: The license is an 80s movie many people have been craving!)"

#7 5 years ago

God, what a title if they have it. Evergreen IP for sure and the old machine is not a great player. Just get "Back in Time" licensed!

#8 5 years ago

Theme doesn't mean as much to me as whom the company is.

#9 5 years ago

I don't think it'd be too expensive to license a couple Huey Lewis songs... and you gotta have Johnny B Goode in there too!

#10 5 years ago

I don't care what the theme is or how good the game is. As long as Jpop is on the payroll, I will never take this company seriously or consider giving them even one penny of my money.

#11 5 years ago

Power of Love is the best Huey Lewis song in the BTTF movies in my opinion.

You have to get Earth Angel and Johnny B Goode in there as well.

#12 5 years ago

If anyone from Deeproot is reading this please consider the following for an LE model.

1. Grade 304 brushed stainless steel (same as Delorean) armour that is laser etched on the sides to give off a time circuits / 88mph time travel effect (Star Trek LE has this type of lighting on both exterior and interior of cabinet)

2. Base the game off all 3 films, not just the first movie

3. Have some licensed music please from the soundtrack including Huey Lewis

4. Produce playfield lighting effects and LCD animations that change the appearance of the game based on the time period of the mode the player is in

I really hope this is the 80's license you have

#13 5 years ago

A Real BTTF?
    Take Many Pinsiders' Money!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

......A Real....

Yes that is indeed the question.

#15 5 years ago

I think I would prefer it to be just off the 1st film. That might lend itself to better theme integration and I like the 50's theme a lot. I enjoy all 3 films, but I definitely like the most.

I guess it could be done, but it might prove challenging to incorporate 50's, the future, and the old west in one game. The screen and rules could do that easily, but the playfield might be difficult.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

"they were trying to figure out a safe way to add sparks or smoke as a feature to one of the licensed themes"

Sparks or smoke? Sure it’s not Weird Sciene?!

C904BE06-2661-4037-B8C7-0C98FDD29F19 (resized).jpegC904BE06-2661-4037-B8C7-0C98FDD29F19 (resized).jpeg

#17 5 years ago

Chips, Dips, Chains, Whips!

#18 5 years ago

If it’s Back to the Future I’ll gladly let them take my money and give me nothing in return.

#19 5 years ago

Can we please get Michael J. Fox on the artwork this time?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Can we please get Michael J. Fox on the artwork this time?

He doesn't draw!

#21 5 years ago

If this is true, pinball keeps finding more and more ways to help keep my money in my pocket.

Thanks guys!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

He doesn't draw!

Let's hope not!

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

"TEASER: The license is an 80s movie many people have been craving!"

Oh snap!

#24 5 years ago

obviously this thread is a lot of speculation, but just going from the survey TWIP did about dream themes, it could also be Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Princess Bride, Beetlejuice, Labyrinth, Blade Runner, Predator or Blues Brothers. All on their dream theme results lists, all movies from the 80s.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

obviously this thread is a lot of speculation, but just going from the survey TWIP did about dream themes, it could also be Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Princess Bride, Beetlejuice, Labyrinth, Blade Runner, Predator or Blues Brothers. All on their dream theme results lists, all movies from the 80s.

BTTF would be ok, but theme seems weak - there are a few obvious objectives but storyline would old get fast.

Now Predator pinball would be my pick of the bunch and might solicit my dollars. As for the proper way to implement fire and smoke ... bring it on.

In spite of Skit-B's fraudulent attempts, Predator theme has legs. So far, Deeproot has said nothing about only wanting to carry family friendly titles. So many good quotes ... Get to the Choppa!

predator1.gifpredator1.gifpredator2.gifpredator2.gif

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

He doesn't draw!

but he sure knows how to shoot.

#27 5 years ago

16 Candles had smoke and fire as well....

#28 5 years ago

Goonies?

#29 5 years ago

I own the original BTTF, and im a fan of the trilogy. But this is MAJOR speculation at this point. So, dont get your hopes up. Chances are if they were celebrating it - then it hasnt been able to be done yet. I personally could go for a Beetlejuice. Tim Burton art with Danny Elfman music? When you start multiball he says "its showtime". So many ideas, but way too soon to tell.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

dont get your hopes up.

Really? If this doesn't happen, I don't know how I could go on.

#31 5 years ago

Is this the John Poppadiuk people?

#32 5 years ago

I drove over to the DR office today, saw what was going on but signed an NDA agreeing not to disclose anything.

The agreement was dated Oct 5 so I can confirm that BTTF is a DR pin!!!

#33 5 years ago

I'm hoping it Gremlins. Lots of sparks and smoke.

#34 5 years ago

Gremlins: problem is I haven't heard anyone talk about that title
    Goonies: Where in the movie is there smoke and sparks?
    Big trouble in little china: this IS a movie that keeps getting brought up, and there IS sparks and smoke in that movie

Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_017 (resized).jpgBig_Trouble_in_Little_China_017 (resized).jpgThunder's_Breakdown (resized).pngThunder's_Breakdown (resized).png
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BTTF would be ok, but theme seems weak

You just lost everyone there........

#36 5 years ago

With that said, I am ALL in on a BTTF pinball. The data east I own is shallow, but I LOVE the theme.
    I hope they try to impliment some of the ideas from pinball FX (spinning license plate, flux capacitor toy)

If they were smart, they'd take a cue from data east time machine
    1885 - raw sounds like wood creaks, maybe horses clopping in the background
    1955 - bell chimes, 50's music
    1985 - early solid state beeps, cheesy rock and roll
    2015 - Full blow stereo sound package

#37 5 years ago

I thought Goonies bc it sounds like a license that was never done before. Would love bttf though

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I drove over to the DR office today, saw what was going on but signed an NDA agreeing not to disclose anything

Did the NDA include no pics of topper?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

With that said, I am ALL in on a BTTF pinball. The data east I own is shallow, but I LOVE the theme.
    I hope they try to impliment some of the ideas from pinball FX (spinning license plate, flux capacitor toy)
    If they were smart, they'd take a cue from data east time machine
    1885 - raw sounds like wood creaks, maybe horses clopping in the background
    1955 - bell chimes, 50's music
    1985 - early solid state beeps, cheesy rock and roll
    2015 - Full blow stereo sound package

Oooooo!!!!!! That almost sounds like the new tier model.

5000 = 1885 model
    7500 = 1955 model
    10000 = 1985 model
    20000 = 2015 model

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope so! If it's done right I'm in day one. What an incredible theme. Sure sounds like Back to the Future based on the quote below.
    "had recently had a party in the break room, celebrating landing a major license. (TEASER: The license is an 80s movie many people have been craving!)"

Oh thank God, finally! A PEE WEE HERMAN pin !!!!

#41 5 years ago

as long as this is the operations manual, im good.

biffsalmanac (resized).jpgbiffsalmanac (resized).jpg
    #42 5 years ago

Please remember these guys hired JPop. Thankfully I didn’t get roped into his fiasco but this decision needs to haunt deeproot until they rid themselves of him. Lots of money stolen from the pinside community. I love BTTF but I can’t support deeproot. They are trying to make his wrongs right but it shouldn’t be their problem or their anchor to carry. Fire JPop. Plenty of others to fill his shoes.

#44 5 years ago

I would be in on this.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Millions stolen from the pinside community.

Now it's millions? LMAO.

The fact of what JPop did is not a laughing matter. It's the tales that get taller that make me laugh.

#46 5 years ago

I don’t know how I feel about this. If it is true, they better secure the sound tracks rights as well.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

there's no indication that smoke and sparks belong to same "theme from the 80s people have been craving" game, just that it's a feature of one of their licensed themes.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The dynamite sticks mistaken for candles

#49 5 years ago

When are they rumored to announce a game?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

When are they rumored to announce a game?

‘5 days of deeproot’ (showing off their machines) At TPF 2019

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.