(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 5 years ago

Saw an youtube video of a 2013 BTTF slot machine.
    Sure a lot is possible for using assets of the movies. Even with images of M J Fox on it.
    So it would seem strange that a pinball could not be licensed.

It should have great artwork, great toys but most important, a lof of movie scenes.
    Software that changes you in the 3 different movies/time zones (like skateboard chase being a double mode, one for the 50s, one for the future).
    Customs callouts by Doc.

#252 5 years ago

Mad Max please...based on first movie only.
    I've been thinking of doing a home brew from Corvette for this with a working blower for multiball.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

My research shows only one provable common connection between pinheads and that is an affinity for mind altering experiences or substances, whether that be lights, motion, sound, music, adrenaline, weed, beer, hard liquor, wine, meth, or crack... which I think half of Pinside is on half the time.

So pinball is a gateway drug and Pinside is full of degenerates. You sir, are correct and have won the internets.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Saw an youtube video of a 2013 BTTF slot machine.

Yes:

However, slot machines are expensive, and they bring in a TON of money so licensing is never an issue for gambling. Just about any movie you can think of, there's probably a slot machine (complete with the soundtrack and every actor's likeness)

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Teenage boys don't buy 6k toys.

Sure. Instead we have games themed for children now.

Or grownups that wish they were still children.

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pwaka1986:

They did make a Transformers pin.... The people who like those movies are the same fans as the Fast and Furious movies. They'd probably do ok. Not my cup of tea, but it would sell...

I can't possibly dissagre with this more.

The Transformers movies are all complete garbage. The Fast and the Furious movies are all pretty cheesy, but they are almost all great popcorn flicks.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Mad Max please...based on first movie only.

First movie is great, but not very pin-worthy as far as visuals go. It's more of a dystopian drama. I'll take the Road Warrior or (even better) Fury Road when it comes to pinball. The extended chase scenes in those films are basically multiball with cars.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

The Transformers movies are all complete garbage. The Fast and the Furious movies are all pretty cheesy, but they are almost all great popcorn flicks.

Transformers are cartoons and toys for children going back to the 80s. And movies that were meant to capitalize on those that played with those toys and watched those cartoons. Pretty bad computerized effects for sure.

F+F represents the modern street racing culture. And is still very relevant to the 21st century. The later movies have become a little over the top, but can still be very entertaining to those that like action and real special effects.

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I can't possibly dissagre with this more.

honestly, I like both franchise's original movie. it's the over the top sequels that ruined them for me.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pwaka1986:

it's the over the top sequels that ruined them for me.

So it's your view that the first movie aboot transforming robots coming to earth and destroying everything was not "over the top?"

#261 5 years ago

I sat in a dentist's chair and watched most of that first Transformers movie or would have never been enthused enough to watch it on my own.

Personally, having my teeth drilled was more enjoyable than watching that long, drawn out turd.

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So it's your view that the first movie aboot transforming robots coming to earth and destroying everything was not "over the top?"

hahahahahaha...

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Teenage boys don't buy 6k toys.

True they buy 40k civics.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphcousman:

True they buy 40k civics.

Well their parents buy them.

F&F is a demographic mistake for pinball just like WWE. Plus Mustang was considered a failure so nobody is going to give it a chance anyway.

#266 5 years ago

I'm so glad in the 1980s people weren't consumed with remaking 1950s movies and we got a fun original movie called... Back to the Future.

#267 5 years ago

Won’t happen anytime soon both Director and creators of BTTF Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale have gone on record many times and said that another film would be over there dead bodies.

As they have creative control they won’t allow Universal to do a reboot/remake, until there dead and even then they will try to stop it with their estates.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Won’t happen anytime soon both Director and creators of BTTF Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale have gone on record many times and said that another film would be over there dead bodies.
    As they have creative control they won’t allow Universal to do a reboot/remake, until there dead and even then they will try to stop it with their estates.

Thank motherfucking god!

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm so glad in the 1980s people weren't consumed with remaking 1950s movies and we got a fun original movie called... Back to the Future.

I know what you're saying but remakes are a cyclic thing and will always be. Nostalgia and trends works the same. There are PLENTY of 50's remakes and inspiration for 80's movies. The Thing, The Fly and The Blob are only a few.

Why? Because kids that grew up in the 50s and 60's to become filmmakers watched them and were inspired to do their own thing with them as adults in the 80's.Same thing is happening right before your eyes now. Kids that grew up in the 80's and 90's are making movies and TV heavily influenced by their childhood era movies. Stranger Things is perhaps the best current example.

EDIT: With that said, I hope they never ever touch BTTF, even after Zemeckis is gone.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from aerobert:

I know what you're saying but remakes are a cyclic thing and will always be. Nostalgia and trends works the same. There are PLENTY of 50's remakes and inspiration for 80's movies. The Thing, The Fly and The Blob are only a few.
    Why? Because kids that grew up in the 50s and 60's to become filmmakers watched them and were inspired to do their own thing with them as adults in the 80's.Same thing is happening right before your eyes now. Kids that grew up in the 80's and 90's are making movies and TV heavily influenced by their childhood era movies. Stranger Things is perhaps the best current example.
    EDIT: With that said, I hope they never ever touch BTTF, even after Zemeckis is gone.

Also same with cars , the age class with the buying power dictates prices and styles.

60~year olds love cars from their highschool and college days, muscle cars big v8s etc , but 30 year olds would probably have a Supra , NSX, RX7 95-97, 300zx. So when the 30 years olds get older they will restore japenese cars rather than those American muscle cars because those are the cars that were popular when they were in their formative years.

Enjoy the time you live in , help others enjoy pinball

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm glad the 80s are long gone, period. 50s I don't even remember because I wasn't alive.

Living in the past gets stale real fast I'd imagine. Unless of course, that's all you've got.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad the 80s are long gone, period. 50s I don't even remember because I wasn't alive.
    Living in the past gets stale real fast I'd imagine. Unless of course, that's all you've got.

You're wrong of course.

Living in the past romantasizing about things that have actually been totally different gives us things like pink neon and modern 80's "Synthwave" Music.

Music that reminds us of the 80's while I honestly have no clue why.

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).pnghttps _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    #273 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're wrong of course.

No, I don't live in some fantasy world while the real world passes me by. Otherwise I'd be just another antique. Lame.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, I don't live in some fantasy world while the real world passes me by.

Actually you do exactly that, posting on pinside while actual important things happen around you.

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually you do exactly that, posting on pinside while actual important things happen around you.

At work mostly when there are no customers. And if I didn't have a job, then again, I might turn into some kind of antique.

But where I do work, I get to deal with all different people, many who are living in the now and I soak it all up.

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At work mostly when there are no customers. And if I didn't have a job, then again, I might turn into some kind of antique.
    But where I do work, I get to deal with all different people, many who are living in the now and I soak it all up.

You imply that it is a binary decision.... either live in the past or live in the present. Life isn't quite so black and white.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

You imply that it is a binary decision.... either live in the past or live in the present. Life isn't quite so black and white.

True.

When old people come in, I respect them and do pay attention to them and listen intently about how it was when the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor, or what it was like to have had one of the first Ford Model As off the line. I'm always looking for a good history lesson.

I'll even listen to the dude with a mullet and a Bon Jovi shirt on, but not for long.

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

True.
    When old people come in, I respect them and do pay attention to them and listen intently about how it was when the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor, or what it was like to have had one of the first Ford Model As off the line. I'm always looking for a good history lesson.
    I'll even listen to the dude with a mullet and a Bon Jovi shirt on, but not for long.

I can't remember where this comes from.... "Remember your past, but don't let it haunt your future". I think its a pretty good way to live.

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot/page/6?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.