40 days ago

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg
    fright night (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 days ago

Just thought about the Sparks and smoke thing again. What about killing jaws with the wire. Sparks and smoke. 80's theme everyone is wanting Hmmmm.

#202 5 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

it starts with pinside, then you get some uber fan that starts contacting the IP holder if its true because they cant wait and see, and it turns into a mess. just look what happened with predator (though that was for a different reason).

Predator was certainly brought to the attention of 20th Century Fox, like you said though that was for different reasons/concerns.

But it clearly didn’t faze Fox as they then licensed Alien to Heighway.

I just hope DpR or anyone for that matter have BTTF licensed, I’d love to see another BTTF pin, hopefully this time a good one with all parties involved.

#203 5 days ago

Only 4 months until TPF. I am looking forward to what gets revealed, including the pricing.

#204 5 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Just thought about the Sparks and smoke thing again. What about killing jaws with the wire. Sparks and smoke. 80's theme everyone is wanting Hmmmm.

I’ll take BTTF or JAWS, ideally I’ll take one of each!

#205 5 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I just hope DpR or anyone for that matter have BTTF licensed, I’d love to see another BTTF pin, hopefully this time a good one with all parties involved.

agreed... it's one of the most recognizable 80s movies by kids and adults (fact). The fact that there's been 4 star wars pins (data east, sega, williams, stern, 5 if you include the hankin empire strikes back ) and only one BTTF pin makes no sense. With that said, I just don't want to see it get ruined by people trolling with photoshop bombs.

#206 5 days ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

But that's Jaws 2! Everybody wants the first one: "Smile, you son of a..."

#207 5 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The fact that there's been 4 star wars pins (data east, sega, williams, stern, 5 if you include the hankin empire strikes back ) and only one BTTF pin makes no sense.

Sure it does.

Worldwide total franchise box office gross:
    BTTF: $961,613,516
    Star Wars: $9,299,479,675 (10 times as much)

BTTF: 3 films over a 5-year span, newest one 28 years old.
    Star Wars: 10 films (11 if you count Clone Wars) over a 41-year span, newest one 6 months old, with more on the way.

#208 5 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Worldwide total franchise box office gross:
    BTTF: $961,613,516
    Star Wars: $9,299,479,675 (10 times as much)

BTTF: 3 films over a 5-year span, newest one 28 years old.
    Star Wars: 10 films (11 if you count Clone Wars) over a 41-year span, newest one 6 months old, with more on the way.

true, but if film count is justification for good themes why is there only the one gottlieb freddy pinball? He made 9 movies (and rumored to be coming back for a 10th). They made 18 laurel and hardy movies, they only got prospector. If highest grossing movie is what justifies a good movie, star wars is ranked #2, gone with the wind is still number 1 (adjusted for inflation). Where's my gone with the wind pinball?

Good theme should be about recognition, which is why they made AC/DC pinball. Beatles is the highest selling artist (hence why we have it now, but took 10 years to get the license), followed by Garth brooks. AC/DC is all the way down at #10.

And yes, BTTF is only a trilogy because the directors agreed it doesn't need any sequels which is respectable, compared to Disney churning out whatever they can make money on. I don't follow star wars, but friends that are say the latest ones suck and have tainted the entire series because of the direction they went. However, like Ben heck has said, I do think a reboot of BTTF would be interesting now that we're in the future, and speculating what the year 2045 is like would be fun. Everyone driving electric cars through underground tunnels. Maybe teens are so socially awkward from only communicating via text that Marty has to coach his future grandson how to be a person.

#209 4 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

true, but if film count is justification for good themes why is there only the one gottlieb freddy pinball? He made 9 movies (and rumored to be coming back for a 10th). They made 18 laurel and hardy movies, they only got prospector. If highest grossing movie is what justifies a good movie, star wars is ranked #2, gone with the wind is still number 1 (adjusted for inflation). Where's my gone with the wind pinball?
    Good theme should be about recognition, which is why they made AC/DC pinball. Beatles is the highest selling artist (hence why we have it now, but took 10 years to get the license), followed by Garth brooks. AC/DC is all the way down at #10.
    And yes, BTTF is only a trilogy because the directors agreed it doesn't need any sequels which is respectable, compared to Disney churning out whatever they can make money on. I don't follow star wars, but friends that are say the latest ones suck and have tainted the entire series because of the direction they went. However, like Ben heck has said, I do think a reboot of BTTF would be interesting now that we're in the future, and speculating what the year 2045 is like would be fun. Everyone driving electric cars through underground tunnels. Maybe teens are so socially awkward from only communicating via text that Marty has to coach his future grandson how to be a person.

I'm still waiting for the first police academy pin...

#210 4 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

The thought of a Bill & Ted Pin made me smile altough I've not seen the movie often. (The second never.)

Police Academy I watched the first 6 movies over and over as a kid, really loving it. But I feel no connection or lasting appeal to it now. Maybe all the iterations just killed it. Dead as a doornail.

#211 4 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

if film count is justification for good themes why is there only the one gottlieb freddy pinball?

Film count AND revenue. All nine Freddy movies add up to less than Attack of the Clones by itself. You limit your audience a lot with an R rating. And they're not popular outside of the states (this is huge for pinball, and why Archer wasn't made). And the entire franchise focuses on a single cornball, grotesque character. And most of those movies are crappy and interchangeable.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't follow star wars,

Makes sense that you don't understand how it got more pins than pedestrian licenses like BTTF. Star Wars is the granddaddy, the big kahuna, the top dog of licensing toys, games, merchandise, etc. Billions of dollars in non-film revenue per yer. Your disinterest in it doesn't change that fact. Guess how many Freddys and Marty McFlys rang my doorbell this Halloween. That's right, zero. Now guess how many Star Wars characters. I lost count, but way more than zero.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

They made 18 laurel and hardy movies, they only got prospector.

gone with the wind is still number 1 (adjusted for inflation). Where's my gone with the wind pinball?

Pretty sure I don't need to dignify these two with a response.

#212 4 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

“I need to get my hands on some young healthy men.”

“Well....I’m sure there are places you can go....certain bars or whatnot. Does Margret know about this?”

#213 4 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:They made 18 laurel and hardy movies, they only got prospector.

Don't forget Flicker.

pasted_image (resized).png
    #214 3 days ago

Stallone may be one of the busiest lead actors and he has one stinking pin? 8 Rocky’s, 5 Rambo’s and 3 Expendables. Come on Deeproot, give this man a pin. Ps - I’m pretty sure many of these films occurred in the 80’s

770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png

E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png

8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png

#215 3 days ago

Demo man makes up for all of them. Custom Sly callouts for the win! Reeeeplayy

#216 3 days ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stallone may be one of the busiest lead actors and he has one stinking pin?

Rocky begs to differ.
    Rocky (resized).jpg

#217 2 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Rocky begs to differ.
    [quoted image]

That’s the first and last one ... 1 incredibly talented man and 1 pinball machine. Does DM count? I guess it does and Stallone has 2 pins. Another is still needed, but not as badly.

#218 2 days ago

Give us a Rambo for goodness sake. Not the red headed stepchild Raven. I guess Judge Dredd dont count since it was based on the comic.

#219 2 days ago

Rambo with bumpers being machine gun fire and DMD of dudes getting shot to shit.

First Blood would be the best theme though!

#220 2 days ago

I vote Cop Land. Stallone at his most bad ass... and most doughy.

A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    #222 2 days ago

I was considering themes to base the next license pin. Doesn’t matter if it is done by Deeproot, JJP, Stern, American Pinball, Chicago Gaming Co or other. The greatest movie licenses without a pinball machine and filtered by ones I feel would work. In no order - James Bond (don’t like first pin), Mission Impossible, Harry Potter, Planet of the Apes (maybe AP should target this one), Mad Max, Muppets, Hunger Games. I count seven themes, and many would make a dream theme.

Notice we DID NOT SEE - Jaws, Pirates of the Caribbean, Munsters, Oktoberfest, Beatles, Godzilla nor Back to the Future. All of which make excellent themes in spite of the snub. Good thing too, because we should be seeing all of them soonish. Other theme that didn’t make that I wish would happen -> Monty Python & Rambo ...

Trautman: You're not hunting him.... he's hunting you.

John Rambo: They drew first blood, not me.
    John Rambo: Don't Push it. ...

Teasle: Whatever possessed God in heaven to make a man like Rambo?
    Trautman: God didn't make Rambo.I made him.

#223 2 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I’ll take BTTF or JAWS, ideally I’ll take one of each!

MY MAN!

#224 2 days ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I was considering themes to base the next license pin. Doesn’t matter if it is done by Deeproot, JJP, Stern, American Pinball, Chicago Gaming Co or other. The greatest movie licenses not yet done in Pinball and filtered by the ones I think would work. In no order - James Bond (don’t like first one), Mission Impossible, Harry Potter, Planet of the Apes (maybe AP should be awarded this one), Mad Max, Muppets, Hunger Games. I count seven dream themes not yet made.
    Notice we DID NOT SEE - Jaws, Pirates of the Caribbean, Munsters, Oktoberfest, Godzilla nor Back to the Future. All of which make excellent themes in spite of the snub. Good thing too, because we should be seeing all of them soonish.

Stern is still working tv shows right now. Your call is important to us...please stay on the line.

#225 2 days ago

Theme miss of the century:

serveimage (resized).jpg

I plan on eventually converting a demo man to a Holy Grail.

#226 2 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Theme miss of the century:
    [quoted image]
    I plan on eventually converting a demo man to a Holy Grail.

Agree with this ^^^ any form of monty python would be my grail pin. Holy Grail would be the obvious choice and best choice.

#227 1 day ago

Medieval Madness has a lot of Holy Grail flavor. Clearly a lot of Monty Python influence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside