(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago

That would make a sick backglass. That’s got to be one of my favorite movie posters. Cool movie too

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

This post is fake news. No one is throwing money at deeproot.

What? pfffft... I guarantee someone will be stupid enough to throw money at them as soon as they announce anything concrete. The only reason people may not have sent the money... is because they aren't taking any (yet).
    Too many people with more money than sense running around...
    I know a dude in DFW that doesn't attend TPF nor spend time here on Pinside... that bought a TBL sight unseen just for the theme. I also think he spent money on Houdini sight unseen too. Given he *may* eventually get the former... but I'm not sure he's gotten the latter yet.

At the risk of fanning flames of wonder... What about Evil Dead? Isn't that a 80s film that has seen cult status and a reboot?

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Let the guy who takes his car to an auto shop where one of the mechanics got acquitted of armed robbery on a technicality and never paid back a cent of it be the first one to throw stones.

Now this is interesting!

#154 5 years ago

Clearly it's Automan!

3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg
    #155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Now this is interesting!

Sure. You've got people saying don't do business with this company because of one employee, but do they do background checks on all the employees where they grocery shop, buy gasoline, get their car fixed, get their hair cuts, etc?

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sure. You've got people saying don't do business with this company because of one employee, but do they do background checks on all the employees where they grocery shop, buy gasoline, get their car fixed, get their hair cuts, etc?

The simple option is when DP show the 5 or so games they say they have designed and will be showing at the 5 days of Deeproat or whatever it’s callee, simply vote with your wallet and disregard Jpops game completely!

Plenty of good guys at DP who are simply trying to make a living and provide for their families who don’t deserve to be painted with the same brush as Jflop.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

for the love of gawd... keep your money in your pocket.
    These yahoos need to PROVE they deserve your money. No preorders. No fund transfers until they show machines coming off the assembly line. Remember; Dutch took a lot of peoples money "claiming" they were ready for production. Don't become another victim.
    I see too many un-written "shutup and take my money" posts in here.

too many on pinside in general. Lots of slow learners around these parts, orrrrr they really like taking it in the butt from pinball companies. I'm not going to judge....whatever you're into man.

#158 5 years ago

If they have deep enough pockets to make all these games at once why don’t they just focus on one game and get like 500-1000 built and ready to ship before making an announcement? Nothing would boost the confidence of the jaded pinball community more than seeing pins shipping within a week of being ordered.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

The simple option is when DP show the 5 or so games they say they have designed and will be showing at the 5 days of Deeproat or whatever it’s callee, simply vote with your wallet and disregard Jpops game completely!
    Plenty of good guys at DP who are simply trying to make a living and provide for their families who don’t deserve to be painted with the same brush as Jflop.

Big thumbs up

Whatever happens it’s a good thing DR is providing jobs for good pinball people

#160 5 years ago
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    #161 5 years ago

Running Man

#163 5 years ago

Stern should make this game. Borg with Lyman on code and it would be a winner.

#164 5 years ago

Supposedly, there is a Back to the Future pinball game in the new Halloween movie.

#165 5 years ago

Time travel movie from the 80s?

Sure enough!

PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpgPhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    #166 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sure enough![quoted image]

Biggest Lie of the 80s putting Carpenter's name on that thing.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Biggest Lie of the 80s putting Carpenter's name on that thing.

Yep. This one was better anyway.

p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpgp849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #169 5 years ago

Where did this come from? I see the deeproot water mark but how did you find it?

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

Where did this come from? I see the deeproot water mark but how did you find it?

Pinball Paparazi posted it on Facebook.

#171 5 years ago

Didn’t post it with much context either just that Deeproot has a new game. I was already interested to see what they are doing but now I can’t wait. I don’t know how Stern would let them steal this license from them?

#172 5 years ago

I would love a BTTF pin, but that backbox side art looks horrible.

#173 5 years ago

Robert just confirmed it as fake in the other thread

#174 5 years ago

Yup, looks like no BTTF pinball by Deeproot or any manufacturer based on the comment below.

czfvfdfd (resized).JPGczfvfdfd (resized).JPG

#175 5 years ago

I just wish one of the manufacturers would make a goonies pin

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, looks like no BTTF pinball by Deeproot or any manufacturer based on the comment below.
    [quoted image]

I would not assume as much from that post. Maybe because they already have the license.

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I would not assume as much from that post. Maybe because they already have the license.

You may be right, he said the image is fake but didn’t say they aren’t doing back to the future. He did kind of say this made them readdress access to their IP

#178 5 years ago

Exactly.

Meta-language - 'Not available to be licenced ( by anyone else ? ) cos we have it?'

#179 5 years ago

That image looks super familiar. I swear I have seen it on a fan art page or t-shirt site or somewhere else before where someone likely copied it from...

#180 5 years ago

If it does turn out to be the artwork it looks like Fox is not onboard once again.

#181 5 years ago

Good point, there's still hope.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sure enough![quoted image]

Throw in an Al Beilic mystery mode...

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

That image looks super familiar. I swear I have seen it on a fan art page or t-shirt site or somewhere else before where someone likely copied it from...

Here it is...

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/10yD2

#184 5 years ago

nice find.

thats a decent fake that someone put together with watermarks.

#185 5 years ago

Meh, recycled themes. Can't wait for one of the companies to recycle Robocop. Maybe Ed209 will be on the backglass!

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Hmmm I don’t get that from Roberts message, I get the feeling they either have the licence or someone else does, but I think it’s likely them, why else would he be overly concerned about relationships with the IP holder unless they already have the licence and as such have a responsibility to protect that IP?

I also know for a fact BTTF is pretty open when it comes to licensing, Universal have a licensing committee and the guy that overseas it is Stephen, I spoke to him several months back about BTTF being licensed for a modern pin and he said at the time no pinball companies where presently involved with Universal or himself, other than the recent Zen pinball and VPcabs projects.

He also owns an original data east BTTF pin and would love to see another made in the modern era, which is good newsmen for us as he may well support the licencing of a new BTTF pin, it’s impression I got from him.

Now he could of simply not been able to confirm any pinball manufacturers involved, which is likely if in fact there was one involved so there’s hope there. But I’d be shocked if Universal wouldn’t allow a pinball manufacturer to licence it making it “unavailable to be licensed” so it’s certainly been available, maybe it just isn’t available now?

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

why else would he be overly concerned about relationships with the IP holder unless they already have the licence and as such have a responsibility to protect that IP?

Universal owns more than BTTF, what if Robert wanted to do an ET or Jaws themed pinball? Can you picture that meeting? "Oh, deeproot. Yes, I saw an image shared on pinside that was BTTF artwork. Why are you claiming licenses before you have them?"

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Universal owns more than BTTF, what if Robert wanted to do an ET or Jaws themed pinball? Can you picture that meeting? "Oh, deeproot. Yes, I saw an image shared on pinside that was BTTF artwork. Why are you claiming licenses before you have them?"

Universal are not looking at Pinside.

Besides the Internet is full of plagiarism, which I’m sure Universal has dealt with time and time again.

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great news!

It's one thing to recycle themes from the past, but themes of games that have already been done in the past seems especially lame.

#192 5 years ago

The DE pin was pretty lame, almost anything would be an upgrade--I'd like to see someone take another crack at it. And, I like DE pins---BTTF was the first pin I ever bought.

#193 5 years ago

New Universal Halloween movie had Data East back to the future Pinball playing with chimes.

#194 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

New Universal Halloween movie had Data East back to the future Pinball playing with chimes.

I hate when movies and shows do that. Better Call Saul did the same thing with a Getaway.

#195 5 years ago

As always those sounds are royalty free

#196 5 years ago

It happens in an episode of DC Titans where they play Twilight Zone with some crazy royalty free call outs.

#197 5 years ago

I haven't seen this topic but....

Oh la la...oh la la.

But if BTTF falls out I'm putting my 50 cents on a Gremlins license.

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just die hard? How selective.
    Hey You Guys -Goonies
    As you wish - Princess bride
    phone home - E.T.
    make like a tree and get out of here, BTTF
    Yippie-Ki-Yay! - Die Hard
    Be excellent to each other - Bill & Ted.
    And I'm sure at least 3 others I'm missing.

"It's: make like a tree and leave. You sound like and idiot when you pronounce it like that."

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

I hate when movies and shows do that. Better Call Saul did the same thing with a Getaway.

There may be some odd royalties that have to be paid when playing the soundtracks on these games. The music is copyrighted. Or even if it isn't or has expired, it may just be cheaper and safer just to put in some random EM sounds.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Universal are not looking at Pinside.
    Besides the Internet is full of plagiarism, which I’m sure Universal has dealt with time and time again.

it starts with pinside, then you get some uber fan that starts contacting the IP holder if its true because they cant wait and see, and it turns into a mess. just look what happened with predator (though that was for a different reason).

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot/page/4?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.