(Topic ID: 226584)

Back to the Future Pinball by Deeproot?

By snakesnsparklers

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

https _media.giphy.com_media_iIrZzCacIcL3G_giphy (resized).png
    44FEBE6D-0437-470C-B174-F6A7032E62BB.gif
    serveimage (resized).jpg
    sly_lethal_weapon (resized).png
    A94A0A6A-7CC7-4541-8D86-61C3F8F0EDC8 (resized).jpeg
    Rocky (resized).jpg
    8693B803-6994-47AA-814F-863796BB71B0 (resized).png
    770549CA-E9A5-4092-B25D-F0172E48ECC5 (resized).png
    E3E07EA7-AF63-4CE7-B966-F506AD8991B7 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    czfvfdfd (resized).JPG
    p849_v_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    PhilExp-movie-poster (resized).jpg
    05027beced73af32c22b62f34d24eb9669a57eb6 (resized).jpg
    2jz5ec (resized).jpg
    3162030205001_4623757311001_automan (resized).jpg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Can’t believe people actually admitting willingness to blind buy something from a company that’s done nothing but hire the criminal Jpop as long as it has a license they like.

I have to somewhat agree- going in blind on new company first build-I personally feel more comfortable on the sidelines.

I may be in the minority but I actually want Stern to get BTTF. Give it to Ritchie and I will go in Blind for LE

#102 5 years ago

I would totally rather have jjp get bttf. I just don't trust a new company that has so many question marks. If jjp had this license, I'd feel more confident. I don't think there's enough room for all these companies. 2-3 good companies is probably best IMO. Stern, jjp, and a third. Maybe deeproot ends up being that third option, but it's too early to tell. Hopefully bttf gets made, but I would prefer jjp over a new company, or another stern cookie cutter.

#103 5 years ago

JJP is the last company I want with this license. You guys really want to wait 10 months after it’s announcement, with key features stripped? Just played a Pirates last night on location. What a piece of junk. I’ll trust these old Williams guys to make a better game.

#104 5 years ago

Deep being the KEY word here.......go deep. Spread thy cheeks.

deeproot logo star (resized).pngdeeproot logo star (resized).png
    #105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

JJP is the last company I want with this license. You guys really want to wait 10 months after it’s announcement, with key features stripped? Just played a Pirates last night on location. What a piece of junk. I’ll trust these old Williams guys to make a better game.

That's ridiculous. Stripped features???? Lmao. Compared to what, itself? I would easily wait for a high quality packed jjp game that will definitely give you what you pay for. Show me a recent game with more packed into it than potc. Stern would basically re-skin a different game and slap bttf art and video on it and call it the next best game, so no thanks. Gotta wait and see what deeproot brings, but bttf is an awfully wanted license that everybody would hate to see end up like big Lebowski or alien. I have no doubt that deeproot is probably trying to really make a splash, but it's a license that nobody wants to see get screwed over and have mass disappointment like star wars gave us. I'd just rather see jjp do it.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Deep being the KEY word here.......go deep. Spread thy cheeks.
    [quoted image]

Can't unsee goatse now.

#107 5 years ago

I figured out the license, it's Yahoo Serious!

51sqV8PkfYL._SY445_ (resized).jpg51sqV8PkfYL._SY445_ (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpegdownload (3) (resized).jpeg
    #108 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Still holding out hope for Hot Dog: The Movie.

Hopefully someday they will release it in widescreen on Blu-ray.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You're all wrong. It's finally time for Xanadu.[quoted image]

My wife and I fell in love during that soundtrack. Still heartwarming...

#110 5 years ago

Get Smart would be a better choice than Gilligan’s Island. Maybe not as good as BTTF.

19885C4F-1D9C-460A-9E3A-6903B4703455.gif19885C4F-1D9C-460A-9E3A-6903B4703455.gif
    #111 5 years ago
    Quoted from BentleyBear:

Is there anyway to find out if a licence has been bought for BTTF ?

Yep, I contacted the guy who is the head consultant for Universal on all BTTF merchandising and licensing a couple months back, very cool guy super passionate about the franchise and he even owns a DE BTTF, at that time (unless of course he was playing coy) no pinball company looking at licensing had come across his desk.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yep, I contacted the guy who is the head consultant for FOX on all BTTF merchandising and licensing a couple months back, very cool guy super passionate about the franchise and he even owns a DE BTTF, at that time (unless of course he was playing coy) no pinball company looking at licensing had come across his desk.

my dreams are crushed.. it needs to happen

#113 5 years ago

Well, from the article a couple days ago it sounds like the ink was still wet on the deal. So unless securing a license is a process that takes months there’s still reason to have hope.

#114 5 years ago

So if the theme hasn’t been guessed here should Deeproot be happy or nervous?

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yep, I contacted the guy who is the head consultant for FOX on all BTTF merchandising and licensing a couple months back, very cool guy super passionate about the franchise and he even owns a DE BTTF, at that time (unless of course he was playing coy) no pinball company looking at licensing had come across his desk.

Fox didn't make BTTF.

FAKE NEWS!

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Fox didn't make BTTF.
    FAKE NEWS!

Universal made BTTF. Curious as to this connection with Fox...?

#117 5 years ago

for the love of gawd... keep your money in your pocket.
    These yahoos need to PROVE they deserve your money. No preorders. No fund transfers until they show machines coming off the assembly line. Remember; Dutch took a lot of peoples money "claiming" they were ready for production. Don't become another victim.
    I see too many un-written "shutup and take my money" posts in here.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Fox didn't make BTTF.
    FAKE NEWS!

That’s a mistake on my part typed that’s message up at half 1 in the morning, half asleep after watching Predator FOX was in my mind.

Ignoring my typo though, REAL NEWS!

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yep, I contacted the guy who is the head consultant for Universal on all BTTF merchandising and licensing a couple months back, very cool guy super passionate about the franchise and he even owns a DE BTTF, at that time (unless of course he was playing coy) no pinball company looking at licensing had come across his desk.

Please check again if there are any developments

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from BentleyBear:

Please check again if there are any developments

Already have

Believe me there’s not many people on pinside that would want a new BTTF pin more than me.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I may be in the minority but I actually want Stern to get BTTF. Give it to Ritchie and I will go in Blind for LE

I did that with Star Wars... sold it after 2 weeks.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:I did that with Star Wars... sold it after 2 weeks.

Launch code for Star Wars was a disappointment but Stern ended up delivering with a ton of updates to make it a very deep and unique game. Would they do the same if they had BTTF? Who knows. It's always a dice roll with Stern in regards to whether or not one of their games receives a lot of post launch code support.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I did that with Star Wars... sold it after 2 weeks.

I have owned for almost a year now, still my favorite game. Some people get it, some don't-it's all good. BTTF is a dream theme for me and rightfully deserves a proper design and build. Steve Ritchie is "king" and the master of flow.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Theme doesn't mean as much to me as whom the company is.

Price matters this 8 9 10 grand shit is getting old

#125 5 years ago

I refine what I said:
    I bought a Star Wars PRO, and sold it after 2 weeks.
    Yes it is a nice game and Steve Ritchie is the King. But Pro is barren, I'm not the greatest Player so the depth of the code doesn't do much for me, and the Integration of the license in the "world under glass" is lacking.

Or in other words:
    I prefer Star Trek and Game of Thrones over Star Wars (Pro).

What I wanted to say is:
    I wouldn't even buy a Steve Ritchie Pin with my dream license BLINDLY (again).

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Too true.

#127 5 years ago

I'd expect we'll be seeing that Toho Godzilla pinball machine first.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

We finally agree on something, lol. The market can only handle so many NIB games at the 8k-10k price points. There's a good reason why Stern pros take a smaller hit on the secondary market versus a majority of their premium / LE models and other higher end games.

#129 5 years ago

It's pretty obvious that theme from the 80s with sparks and smoke that everybody has been asking for is Bon Jovi.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #130 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We finally agree on something, lol. The market can only handle so many NIB games at the 8k-10k price points. There's a good reason why Stern pros take a smaller hit on the secondary market versus a majority of their premium / LE models and other higher end games.

LOL Stern are not the only overpriced games taking a hit some manufacures are haveing issues selling games first time around

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Is deeproot asking for money? I don't get it. Why are some people puffing out their chest saying they are not giving them a dime? They are not asking for any money. Let's just see what they have to sell when it is available and make a decision based on the product.

Cuz we can only go by what we know:

1.) They hired the biggest conman shitbag in pinball, Jpop.
    2.) They've never done anything pinball related.
    3.) The ego and narcissism of Robert is off the charts.

As potential customers, that's what we have to go by, and it's fair game to judge based on what we know.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I have to somewhat agree- going in blind on new company first build-I personally feel more comfortable on the sidelines.

No one should be buying these games blind PERIOD, from any company. This practice has led to business decisions that aren't good for the customer. Incomplete games & untested games. If people will buy without playing, what's the incentive to release something amazing? I'm a big Ritchie fan, but haven't liked a game of his after AC/DC...designer doesn't mean the game is going to be a surefire winner.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No one should be buying these games blind PERIOD, from any company. This practice has led to business decisions that aren't good for the customer. Incomplete games & untested games.

So, did you ever get your TBL or your money back?

#134 5 years ago

If pigs had wings they could fly.........

1) They hired some great talent across the board, notwithstanding Jpop
    2) They have a shitload of $$ to throw at pinball
    3) Spooky, American Pinball, Homepin, JJP etc. It's NOT unreasonable to think someone else can produce pinball machines
    4) I can't argue with the ego and narcissism of Robert

Whether they can make great pinball machines remains to be seen, doesn't it? THAT is what we know right now along with the above.

Not a DIME has or will be asked for just like Stern, until the game is out and ready to ship.

Again, if pigs had wings they could fly......

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Again, if pigs had wings they could fly......

Not neccesarily...

What's with Penguins, Chicken or an Austrich?
    These have wings as well but can't fly.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If pigs had wings they could fly.........

And people that live in glass houses should probably not throw stones.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

That’s a mistake on my part typed that’s message up at half 1 in the morning, half asleep after watching Predator FOX was in my mind.
    Ignoring my typo though, REAL NEWS!

Personally I feel BTTF is super dated and should be remade. (the movie not the pin!)

It was a movie about the differences (or lack thereof) between generations and now a generation has passed since its release. We've become nostalgic for a movie about nostalgia.

Can you imagine a modern day teen trying to navigate 1985? Much better fish out of water story than 85-55.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No one should be buying these games blind PERIOD, from any company. This practice has led to business decisions that aren't good for the customer. Incomplete games and; untested games. If people will buy without playing, what's the incentive to release something amazing?

sounds like a real nightmare.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Personally I feel BTTF is super dated and should be remade. (the movie not the pin!)
    It was a movie about the differences (or lack thereof) between generations and now a generation has passed since its release. We've become nostalgic for a movie about nostalgia.
    Can you imagine a modern day teen trying to navigate 1985? Much better fish out of water story than 85-55.

I’ve mentioned this before on Pinside. Everything would click, even the “Who’s President” line.

And I hate remakes.....but this one would make sense.

#140 5 years ago

Can I just say that I am excited about it just being an 80s movie theme???? Pretty sure I would want everything that was mentioned so far in this thread. lol

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I am excited about it just being an 80s movie theme

Yes, the thought of that makes me want to jump up and down.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

https://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-tour/
    Some quotes from the article, and yes I am deliberately picking and choosing pieces here, maybe just wishful thinking on my part:
    "TEASER: The license is an 80s movie many people have been craving!"
    "looked like a throw back to the Bally Williams era...some looked futuristic" (throwback is one word, was it deliberately written as "back to the..."? maybe not, who knows)
    "they were trying to figure out a safe way to add sparks or smoke as a feature to one of the licensed themes"

My wallet is safe.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

If BTTF was remade today it would be about a teen (new Marty) going back in time in a Tesla to buy Bitcoin for $1. I'm going to guess it would be terrible, lol. After seeing how bad the Ghostbusters remake was I can't see a BTTF remake being much better.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I’ve mentioned this before on Pinside. Everything would click, even the “Who’s President” line.
    And I hate remakes.....but this one would make sense.

They could even improve it! Maybe have Marty actually develop as a character! In the present he or she is shy and meet and can't get the attention of a person they like. Then - thanks to their 80's adventures - they learn what it really means to socialize. They return to present and walk right up to the person and ask them out.

Doc could be like a maker type dude and yeah, maybe his intention is to go back to 1998 and buy Apple stock. The terrorist angle wouldn't work (or be allowed) anymore so there's the trick of how does Marty ACCIDENTALLY go back in time which is the brilliant screenwriting trick of the original.

What was brilliant in the original was Marty didn't INTEND to time travel it was a consequence of outrunning the Libyans. What's even smarter is Doc STILL does the experiment even after learning he'll be shot, so he wears a bullet proof vest so Marty STILL gets scared and goes back in time to warn him, thus avoiding a paradox.

BTTF is one of the tightest time travel movies ever. BUT... yes.... still could be a good remake.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Doc could be like a maker type dude and yeah...

We all know everyone here would melt down when they made the character female, but do you think it would passable if they kept it a man and made him a jew?

#146 5 years ago

This bit always cracks me up....

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

for the love of gawd... keep your money in your pocket.
    These yahoos need to PROVE they deserve your money. No preorders. No fund transfers until they show machines coming off the assembly line. Remember; Dutch took a lot of peoples money "claiming" they were ready for production. Don't become another victim.
    I see too many un-written "shutup and take my money" posts in here.

This post is fake news. No one is throwing money at deeproot.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Then - thanks to their 80's adventures - they learn what it really means to socialize.

Yeah, they can go back and watch the parents of the 80s go out and socialize while their kids sit home like zombies and play Nintendo all day and night. So much has changed since then...

If they were going to make a new BTTF, they would probably want to use a more interesting decade like they did with Dazed and Confused.

#150 5 years ago

Since people are throwing any 80's movie up there for speculation - so here is an obscure, no chance in hell guess.

Fright Night - 80's movie with a song from the band Sparks called "Armies of the Night". Actually a pretty good band and movie.

fright night (resized).jpgfright night (resized).jpg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-pinball-by-deeproot/page/3?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.