5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Zenomorp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Well that didn't take long. Sigh. Player came up to me tonight and said BTTF froze when he got a replay. Sure enough, the ball was stuck in the VUK and the game was frozen with "Replay" on the display. Cycled power and it seemed to be ok but soon discovered that even with only one credit on the game, when it's over, it asks you to enter initials for 4 players, regardless of the P1 score and despite that you only started a 1 player game, and awards you 12 credits. If you play through another game, the issue repeats and then it's got 26 credits. The machine has a brand new Rottendog MPU with NVRam. Any ideas? This is a new one for me. I've re-seated everything that can be re-seated. No change. Stumped on this one. Just got done restoring this machine not more than a week ago. Been on the floor for 6 days. Frustrating. Here's a video for illustration...

#3 5 years ago

I found the issue. It’s an issue with the NVRAM. If I disable the High Score save option, the game ends like normal. If I enable it, it asks for 4 players worth of initials on a 1 player game and adds 12 credits.

If I remove the NVRAM chip and restore the High Score save option, the problem goes away but I get a “memory error, open coin door” error, which is understandable. I just acknowledge it and proceed. It’s something with the NVRAM chip. We can make it work for now but people won’t be able to enter their initials.

#4 5 years ago

Replying to this to update that a new NVRAM chip has officially fixed the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-odd-issue-adding-credits-?tu=Zenomorp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.