Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by ArcadiusMaximus
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've replaced the two poor-quality Marty voice samples in Back to the Future with more authentic sounding samples ("Where?" and "Doc!"). I think it sounds much better. Check out the video here:

I just replaced the offending sounds in ROM without modifying anything else - it's still running on the original hardware.

It's a big improvement to the game!

#2 4 years ago

What a shame they couldn't use Michael J. Fox's real likeness and voice. Nice job putting him back where he belongs.

#3 4 years ago

I'm sure my guide came in handy with this. Great work!

#4 4 years ago

Seems the translite could be replaced with MJF's image included.

The playfield is another story.

#5 4 years ago

i'm sure I could make a better likeness for the playfield than what's on there. Never did a custom BTTF for someone......yet.

#6 4 years ago

is there anyway you could re-do the video and include the original sounds as a comparison? just not that familiar with the game to tell what the improvements are.

#7 4 years ago

If you're not familiar with the game or movies, you won't be impressed. I'm not going to record the old sounds, there's plenty of videos on YouTube.

#8 4 years ago

Would love to change mine to have those callouts, are the roms available anywhere?

I'm just putting my BTTF back together, installing a playfield protector on it, got me to thinking how easy it should be to make a decal of Michael J. Fox's face for the playfield. Have to change the backglass to a translite to duplicate it there, but it could be done.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from hackbar:

I just replaced the offending sounds in ROM without modifying anything else

That's cool.

Can you tell us how you did this?

Thanks.

#11 4 years ago

@Crash.

Sweet, thanks!

#12 4 years ago

I have to imagine the MJF callouts are so brief because he didn't want on the license. Its just odd that the MAIN figure in the movies has almost no callouts. It would be cool to rewrite some of the callouts with longer audio from the movie. As it is in a personal use situation, there are no legal issues.

#13 4 years ago

Awesome!! I will be getting a BTTF soon... definitely will do this mod. As far as the translite graphics.. couldn't it be re-created using the movie poster art?
http://www.gameongrafix.com/products/pinball-translite

6 months later
#14 4 years ago

Would the pinsound board work on Data East BTTF? Could add tons of call outs, and actual symphony music from movie using soundtrack. Also, add more music on the attract mode.

2 years later
#15 1 year ago

could you please share the BTTF patch for audio ?

9 months later
#16 6 months ago

Hi how do we get a copy of the updates sound files please hackbar? Happy to pay you for them.

#17 6 months ago

I am looking for the ROM files too... cfh@provide.net

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm sure I could make a better likeness for the playfield than what's on there. Never did a custom BTTF for someone......yet.

Always thought that would be a cool project. Get rid of Morty McFlug on that play field ..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 24.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside