5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SBDESIGN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbdesign.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

TEST

(I did just write a big post but its not showing)

#3 5 years ago

Hi People,

I am new to the forum, but have been meaning to join for a few months since I got my first and currently only pinball machine for now.
Back to the future.

I started collecting 90s 3d sega arcade first, and had some fun times getting them working and hunting the rare parts to make them work and to put them back to original.
I have the likes of Virtua Cop, Top Skater, Rally 1&2 to name a few.

I appreciate BTTF pinball isn't the best and most exciting title, but my love for the movies made it still the right choice for my first table.
I was so unsure diving into the more expensive pinball hobby, but Ive been blown away. I love computer games, but the mechanicalness of these tables is just something different and something that entertains me much more than I thought. It's become my fav arcade machine.

When I got it, there was a fair few things not working, but a few bulbs, fuses and resetting cables got it all perfect fairly easily and quickly.

Now a few months down the line this has happened...

I was playing a game and suddenly after triggering something while in multi ball, the playfield bonus lights all went out, and then I noticed only the flippers were active.
The game still scored and played.

I turned it off and back on, and found freeplay has rest to coins, and the top scores reset.
The initial boot up sound effects were distorted and the voice over sounds robotic.
After this, the same stuff still didn't work but sound would go back to normal after boot sequence.

Ive currently checked all the fuses/holders for polarity (is this the correct term?) and all seem good. So I am stuck at this point with little knowledge.

I haven't got much electronics knowledge but I do have a multimeter and soldering iron & some friends/father who know bits and bobs (however they've never been inside a pinball machine). I love learning and don't fear tinkering and playing with my gadgets.

Can anyone help with where I start? what could be wrong? things to check etc.
Bit disheartened right now, but unlike the arcades when a irreplaceable video card costing hundreds blows and can't source another for months, Im led to believe most parts for this are available new still? (correct me if I am wrong)

Thanks for reading.

#4 5 years ago

UPDATE:

After work I have tested the machine, and all solenoids are working.

I forgot to mention 1 fuse was blown: F5, which I replaced, not sure if this fixed them.

But unfortunately still no lights on play field except flashers.
No bonus lights including mcfly and doc

#5 5 years ago

UPDATE: resolved by @mikat11
From this post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-all-controlled-lights-not-working

Cheers

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

test 1 test 2 test 3

Test 3 and it worked
cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbdesign.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-lights-and-bumpers-stopped-working?tu=sbdesign and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.