You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08451 (1) (resized).JPG
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Looking at picking this up, seller wants $275 for it (he's parting out the pin). Is this a fair price? Not sure what these are worth.

#2 7 years ago

For that price, I would expect it to be near mint, since it's a bit on the high side.

I remember seeing Mayfair Amusements having it at shows, and it was probably around that price.

#3 7 years ago

If it's in near perfect condition, it's probably in range - maybe a little high.

#4 7 years ago

these are the pics that the seller sent me. I don't think it's perfect but looks decent.

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

The marks on the back could either be pinholes/flakes or just debris from the rubbery cushions put behind the glass in the game, like around the displays - I don't think that's flaking, I think that's just light marking from the display "cushions" (and/or pieces of them).

If that's all those black marks are, you have yourself a VERY mint glass there. I'd pay $275 if I am correct but I'd make sure first. (Also, DO NOT try to clean the back off whatsoever even those little pieces/marks, you will quickly turn your mint buy into an ugly irreparable mess)

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

these are the pics that the seller sent me. I don't think it's perfect but looks decent.

Quite a few rubs around the score windows. To me that would be about $125~$150 glass...and only if I needed it badly.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Quite a few rubs around the score windows. To me that would be about $125~$150 glass...and only if I needed it badly.

I think those are just the pieces of the display cushions sticking to the glass, I see that a lot. I don't think they would be penetrating the paint. The only thing suspect I see may be in the small portion between the two display cutouts, in the center of them. Looks a little different and more like a flaw than just more debris.

#8 7 years ago

Nevermind, I see the front of the glass now - it went through around the score windows. Damn!

#9 7 years ago

I think I saw that glass pop up a couple of times times on ebay. First for a buy-it-now price, and finally as a reserved price auction. Considering that it was relisted, that should tell you the price was too high for the condition.

Quoted from Damonator:

Yup. Those areas rubbed out by the displays definitely drops the value.

#10 7 years ago

The auction ended at $152 and didn't hit the reserve price. It was relisted for $275 again.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The auction ended at $152 and didn't hit the reserve price. It was relisted for $275 again.

If at first...

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

OK - I amend my range - $125~$152.

1 week later
#13 6 years ago

I just purchased a NOS for 295$ (but I think it was a deal).

This is what a NOS looks like if you want to compare.

DSC08451 (1) (resized).JPGDSC08451 (1) (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-backglass-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.