Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Norcalpin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
    bt2tf910 (resized).jpg
    95a0bc27053dab7d0fc4140816c6bd64 (resized).jpg
    Needles.JPG (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-222416_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Back-to-the-Future-35th-Anniversary-Trilogy-Giftset-4k-Blu-ray-open-900px (resized).jpg
    DBE7C731-D7B5-42EB-B551-EA1204CAB23B (resized).jpeg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

4k pre orders are up now. Oct 20th release date.
    License too pricey for Stern? This would be a huge seller obviously.

#2 3 years ago

It would be good timing for Stern to release a new Back to the Future game as it's the 35th anniversary this year! However, if Stern does get Back to the Future they better get actor voice and video assets from all 3 films and not pull some Jurassic Park or Walking Dead half licensing B.S.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

4k pre orders are up now. Oct 20th release date.
    License too pricey for Stern? This would be a huge seller obviously.

Immediate buy for me...assuming they did a better job than Data East did.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It would be good timing for Stern to release a new Back to the Future game as it's the 35th anniversary this year! However, if Stern does get Back to the Future they better get actor voice and video assets from all 3 films and not pull some Jurassic Park or Walking Dead half licensing B.S.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If BTTF assets look like JP, no thanks. They did get all the Star Wars assets, so there's hope. But not sure if they're pursuing this. Hasn't made any of the rumors.

#6 3 years ago

You'd get Biff call outs, which is fine.

#7 3 years ago

Pinball preorders? I’m not seeing anything.

#8 3 years ago

Are we really reading theme speculation out of 4K reissues now or is this just unrelated free association?

Check out this poster in the frame shop below my apartment. ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION STERN?!

DBE7C731-D7B5-42EB-B551-EA1204CAB23B (resized).jpegDBE7C731-D7B5-42EB-B551-EA1204CAB23B (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

Whatever assets it does or doesn't have, if Keith Elwin designs it, I'm in for an LE.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are we really reading theme speculation out of 4K reissues now or is this just unrelated free association?

It's a standard "anniversary = great time to make machine x" thread. Pretty sure they come 2 for every 1 pinside top 100 thread.

#11 3 years ago

Give me a LE please, complete with cast signatures, a piece of the orginal delorean, a lunch with actor who played biff, anything man, I want it ! Although I know Stern would do a good job, on this one.. I kind of prefer JJP to do it.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Although I know Stern would do a good job, on this one.. I kind of prefer JJP to do it.

Why?

#13 3 years ago

Hes got a lot of extra cash ready

#14 3 years ago

I dont know.. JJP games just feel more solidly made to me. I mean i just set up a Wonka and nearly broke my back, meanwhile Sterns feel like the "light weights". I feel like JJP has more bang for the buck kind of thing going on. Dont get me wrong Im sure Stern would do a good job too, but for this title, I prefer something more solid made. Oh and radcals please!

Thanks for this thread, preordered 4k trilogy from amazon.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

JJP games just feel more solidly made to me.

I guess... I mean, I know what you mean, but JJPs just seem really clunky to me. I feel like BTTF would need to be fast and flowy, and I've never really gotten that vibe from any of JJPs machines. Still, there's a first time for everything. I guess for some, it's solidly built. For others, clunky. It's a matter of opinion.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I guess... I mean, I know what you mean, but JJPs just seem really clunky to me. I feel like BTTF would need to be fast and flowy, and I've never really gotten that vibe from any of JJPs machines. Still, there's a first time for everything. I guess for some, it's solidly built. For others, clunky. It's a matter of opinion.

Just get me a BTTF, I dont care who makes it just make it already. Jeez. Been waiting a couple years now..

#17 3 years ago

I saw the title and immediately thought you meant this:

Back-to-the-Future-35th-Anniversary-Trilogy-Giftset-4k-Blu-ray-open-900px (resized).jpgBack-to-the-Future-35th-Anniversary-Trilogy-Giftset-4k-Blu-ray-open-900px (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago

What mine didnt come with no hoverboard! Going to cancel and get this instead, thanks !

Update : its like 26.00 more for that toy hoverboard! Mcfly!!

#19 3 years ago

JJP would create a loaded BTTF game with far deeper and higher quality code that spans all 3 films. With Stern we may get no assets (you play as Marty!) and 6 modes with only the first film being covered for $6k - $9k+...

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What mine didnt come with no hoverboard! Going to cancel and get this instead, thanks !

You've been able to get those hoverboards for a while, they come in different sizes, pop over and check them out on eBay.

That one with the set is different by the fact it has 35th anniversary etched into clear acrylic.

#21 3 years ago

I wonder what the Stern BTTF topper would be like, and for that matter, how much.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder what the Stern BTTF topper would be like, and for that matter, how much.

I'm sure it would cost plenty...

#23 3 years ago

I love when people fantasize about an imaginary game that doesn’t exist and argue about which version is better, the Jjp or Stern one.

Happens every time !

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love when people fantasize about an imaginary game that doesn’t exist and argue about which version is better, the Jjp or Stern one.
    Happens every time !

If they didn’t do this, you wouldn’t be able to mock them, admit it you would be bored out your mind on pinside.

#25 3 years ago

As long as they make a better translite Iam game

Screenshot_20200802-222416_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200802-222416_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #26 3 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Whatever assets it does or doesn't have, if Keith Elwin designs it, I'm in for an LE.

Oh hell yes. A BTTF theme with gameplay as good Or better than Maiden

#27 3 years ago

whoever is making it, Dont forget to add Needles!

Needles.JPG (resized).jpgNeedles.JPG (resized).jpg
    #28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

whoever is making it, Dont forget to add Needles! [quoted image]

Flea may be the worst actor
    In history.

Check his work in Big Lebowski !

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Flea may be the worst actor
    In history.
    Check his work in Big Lebowski !

Never seen it, Ill watch it this weekend.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

YA LEBOWSKI WE BELIEVE IN NAAASING!

I'm convinced people just put him in movies so they can associate with a rock star.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You've never seen The Big Lebowski??? Stop everything you are doing, and go watch it now!

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I've never seen it, either!

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

See it. Then see it again and again. You’ll be hooked.
    Then you’ll want the pin!

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Not everybody loves that movie.

I very excitedly recommended it to a good friend 20 years ago. Checked back in a couple days.

“We just didn’t get it. Why wasn’t there a big final bowling match at the end?”

#35 3 years ago

Wasn’t he also in that movie The Chase with Keides from Chili Peppers and Charlie Sheen?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It didn't originally do well at the box office. Its a movie that grows on you over multiple viewings I think, although my wife watched it with me for the first time not long ago and liked it and "got it" right away. I think having White Russians ready helped set the atmosphere though ...

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I very excitedly recommended it to a good friend 20 years ago. Checked back in a couple days.
    “We just didn’t get it. Why wasn’t there a big final bowling match at the end?”

I love it. A definite classic. I suppose it is hard to categorize, however. Comedy? Action? Mystery? Maybe that is the misunderstanding with it?
    It is one of my favorite movies of all-time, and I love the pin as well (although I will probably never own one because of the price)

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I love it. A definite classic. I suppose it is hard to categorize, however. Comedy? Action? Mystery? Maybe that is the misunderstanding with it?
    It is one of my favorite movies of all-time, and I love the pin as well (although I will probably never own one because of the price)

I just thought it was hilarious that my friend and his girl were upset there was no climactic bowling match. I guess they thought it was King Pin or something.

I stopped recommending movies to him after that.

#39 3 years ago

Stern is likely partnering with Kapow on the Back to The Future remake. My question is how do I secure one of the SLE’s ?! No I’m serious I want one. If any distributer is reading this please let me know and I’m ready. I’d imagine they will make :

“88” of the SLE’s and I want one.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I stopped recommending movies to him after that.

I have a co-worker like that. I used to recommend movies to him until he told me his favorite movie was super cop. I immediately realized why he didn't enjoy other movies I previously mentioned.

#41 3 years ago

It's got a ton of good catchy shit in it for sure...there's a lot to like but it can drag in parts.
    It's no Hudsucker.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...that my friend and his girl were upset...

Def not a chick flick.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Stern is likely partnering with Kapow on the Back to The Future remake. My question is how do I secure one of the SLE’s ?! No I’m serious I want one. If any distributer is reading this please let me know and I’m ready. I’d imagine they will make :
    “88” of the SLE’s and I want one.

Get your video application ready for why you are worthy enough to spend $15k+ on an SLE.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Get your video application ready for why you are worthy enough to spend $15k+ on an SLE.

Sick burn!

I’m sure the imaginary stern exec who okayed this imaginary stunt on a game that doesn’t exist is really smarting from this!

#44 3 years ago

Obviously the real reason everyone wants this movie in 4K.

95a0bc27053dab7d0fc4140816c6bd64 (resized).jpg95a0bc27053dab7d0fc4140816c6bd64 (resized).jpg
    #45 3 years ago

I love me some Lea Thompson. Then and still.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

I love me some Lea Thompson. Then and still.

I don't think I've seen her in anything in 25 years.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think I've seen her in anything in 25 years.

Except Dancing with the Stars.

#48 3 years ago

I don't know how many times I've bought back to the future over the years... But I think it's enough. VHS. Dvd. Blu ray. Now 4k? I think blu ray holds up just fine.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I don't know how many times I've bought back to the future over the years... But I think it's enough. VHS. Dvd. Blu ray. Now 4k? I think blu ray holds up just fine.

I hear ya there. We've now entered the territory of diminishing returns when it comes to comparing Blu-Ray vs 4k Ultra HD. The jump from VHS to DVD and DVD to Blu-Ray were huge but the jump from Blu-Ray to 4k Ultra HD isn't as a pronounced in my opinion. Will just wait for the 8k Ultra Super HD release lol.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-4k?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.