Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gern
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I read all the posts that everyone put on that poor fellas thread about him trying to see his BTTF in California. Holy crap! Like seriously guys mind your business about the price he wants for the game. BTTF is a rare game and everyone wants it - including everyone that posted something about it. Everyone loves the BTTF movies and having the pin is pretty awesome. He was trying to sell his pin and in under 2 weeks the thread is 3 pages long. It's this long because everyone loves to talk about the game and the pros and cons but let's be honest not toomany people have actually played the game let lone owned the game. Post something about an 80's crappy game or 70's EM and no one cares...but post something about BTTF and every has an opinion. let the guy set his price where he wants. Supply and demand is king and the supply is low on BTTF but demand is obviously high. One thing I've noticed is every large collector and serious collector wants a BTTF and they rarely come on themarket because of this. Ease up everyone about the price of the machine...you're not the price police.

#3 8 years ago

You're new to pinball, eh?

No pinball collector wants BTTF.

My first pin was BTTF...the collectors laughed at me

BTTF is a shitty game with a cool theme. The poor gameplay and lack of Michael J. Fox limits its appeal and collectibility.

That dude's BTTF was priced WAAAAAY too high. This is a message board - people will talk if someone posts a thread about a game for sale.

#4 8 years ago

This right here should be the real BTTF game. It's virtual but it should be a real game. S1amt1lt makes great original games. He also does the animations for Heighway. Also check out the Aliens table, have a feeling it may be close to what we're getting in the real deal soon from Heighway as well.

#5 8 years ago

I owned one and probably never will again. The best part of that machine was the music. There is very little to do in the game. It gets old, fast. Not to mention that the artwork is terrible on it. I would have to get one at a bargain basement give-away price in order to add it to my collection. And even then I would not play it. I would have it so when people came over, who were new to pinball, could have something to play that would not overwhelm them. Its not a bad game, but there are much more exiting machines out there that could be had for similar prices.

#6 8 years ago

this is a great forum but the hate here for BTTF is so ridiculous. As a person who just sold one easily - and I mean easily, there is a lot of people out there who want the machine. There is even an active post requesting one and will pay top dollar for it. When I sold mine, I prob under sold and that was almost 3k. If I held out, it would have gone 3.5 or up. All you'll hear here is how people hate it, it's overpriced, bla bla bla. Again - great forum, just a sore spot for people here.

As for that guy selling it at 4k, I do agree his responses were rather off putting but damn did he have the kitchen sink thrown at him.

#7 8 years ago

I do not hate BTTF at all. But when you come right down to it, and I am sure that more people would agree with me than disagree, for 4k you could get two decent machines priced at 2k a piece, that have 4x the gameplay. Even if the two machines that you got were player's machines, it would still be a better deal than a really nice example of BTTF. The gameplay is nothing to write home about. Seems like that is what the majority of pinsiders who reviewed the game had to say.

#8 8 years ago

From Timbuktu to Kalamazoo, BTTF is a $1200 game folks.

#9 8 years ago

Good post delt31.

#10 8 years ago

Regardless of what a few pinsiders say about BTTF there is still many people that want this game. It's a love it or hate it game and i'll admit the gameplay isn't the best gameplay but that's not all that you're buying...you're buying nostalgia...you're buying a beautiful piece of art work (regardless if MJF is on it or not)...you're buying a time machine essentially!

Watch the movie and after you'll want to play the pin and you'll appreciate having it.

BTTF is a classic in many people's eyes.

#11 8 years ago

A rare classic that everyone who is into pins at least want to own once in their life.

#12 8 years ago

This is a bizarre and delusional cause to take on.

#13 8 years ago

And guys posting the suggestion value at $1200 are only doing that because they want a deal and would buy one in a heartbeat only to flip it. Hate to break it to you the game is too rare and too in demand to be $1200.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from DeePin:

Hate to break it to you the game is too rare and too in demand to be $1200.

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

#15 8 years ago

I wouldn't pay $1,200 for this game. Even if it were in mint condition.

#16 8 years ago

Anyone near Kalamazoo that could check that BTTF out for me? I hate to drive all the way out there if it was beat.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from DeePin:

A rare classic that everyone who is into pins at least want to own once in their life.

Been collecting pins for 30 years. My daughter's favorite movies by far. She has asked me to pick one up for her. As much as that girl has her dad wrapped around her finger, this game has never or will never be owned by me. It's THAT bad (in my opinion). Kind of like bad karaoke, you just want to run away from it.

#18 8 years ago

Horrible mess of a game.
So much potential in the theme, it looks decent, but it's no fun.
The fact that you can steal the highest score off a random skill shot award ruins any sort of competition or league play.
I don't hate DE games by any means I own one and also love robocop
but BTTF one of the few true turds I have ever played.
I've played it alot more than I'd like to admit. On my own and in a league and it is universally hated.
It is rare for a reason and it's not a good one.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from DeePin:

Huh?

#20 8 years ago

i called the guy yesterday and never heard back from him?

#21 8 years ago

The Kalamazoo pin is priced about right for those who "want to own one once in their life", but that ain't me....there's a lot of better pins out there at that price. People paying $3K?...that's insane unless it's still in the factory box.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from DeePin:

And guys posting the suggestion value at $1200 are only doing that because they want a deal and would buy one in a heartbeat only to flip it. Hate to break it to you the game is too rare and too in demand to be $1200.

I bought my BTTF for $300 and "flipped" it for $800.

They made 3000 and pinball collectors don't want it. It's not rare. I feel like you probably paid too much for yours...is that why you're so defensive?

#23 8 years ago

I actually like BTTF and would like to own one someday, but I know it is not a 4k game.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Bowman9:

I actually like BTTF and would like to own one someday, but I know it is not a 4k game.

Nope not even a 2K game.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Nope not even a 2K game.

Well, I would not pay more than 1500.
I was just agreeing with the others that it is not a 4k game.

#26 8 years ago

I own and like BTTF, yes, it's not the greatest pin in any way shape or form, but I love the theme and the music is great. But... I also would never pre-order a piece of crap game I never played, would never want to own most of the "A" list games (think most of them blow), and feel people should buy and enjoy what they want, not go off what other idiots say is the "best" game out there....We have enough lemmings in this hobby.... Definitely not a $4k game, but with the stupid prices I have seen on many other games, it's not a crazy number anymore.

#27 8 years ago

Yikes.. guess I need to play it more to learn to hate it. I actually like BTTF, but I'll admit it's more because of the nostalgia and sound on it. I really don't think game play is too bad either, but compared to newer games.. if that's what you grew up with (WPC on up) then it's definitely going to be lacking. But then so is stepping back to Bally 6803's or Classic Bally/Stern.. or Gottlieb System 1 machines. Compare a BTTF to Gottlieb System 1's in terms of sound or things to shoot for and pins made a decade or two later are always going to have more going on. I tend to put myself in the frame of mind for the decade the pin was made & the technology that was there at the time.. and enjoy each one for what it was/is.

I like a lot of the early Data East just fine that some people hate on.. Laser War, Secret Service, etc. I couldn't get into Robocop myself, but only had a working project that never got fixed up. Just from a theme stand-point though, I thought the Robocop movies were okay as a kid, but BTTF and Jurassic Park.. that's where it was at for me Took a bit to overlook the MJF replacement on BTTF, but who cares! To each their own. Definitely not a 4k game.. or 3k even, but $1200 seems like a very reasonable price to me. Have seen them being sold for $2k+ and selling. If they're out there in abundance cause no one wants them, must not be near me.

#28 8 years ago

I've played the game. I don't hate it. But there's a lot of other games I would own before it. A lot of other games.

It isn't like there is anything on that machine, that makes you want to have it.

A BTTF game today would be awesome, there's so many great callouts that could be used from the movies.

#29 8 years ago

I miss my Back to the Future. Bought a dang near mint one for $1500 (I know I got it for a steal from a non-pinhead) and sold it 2 months later to a pinhead for $2500. The only reason I sold it was to raise money when I wanted to buy a NIB Metallica. I really regret selling it now. It was such a cool looking pin and I loved the sounds from the movie.

#30 8 years ago

The Back to the Future movies are my favorite movies of all time. I had to have a BTTF pin. While I did like it the pin was gone in less than a year. I sold it for $1900 to a fellow pinhead sometime last November and it has already left his collection. If you're a die hard Back to the Future fan then it's a great pin. If your a pinball fan it gets old really fast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.