Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by cevans82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

im new to the forum so sorry if i seem like i have alot of questions. i found a back to the future machine for 800 bucks. id love to have it is that too much. does it have good flow or any neat features i would love to get some info from someone that has one.

#2 13 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/back-to-the-future

I cant remember off hand but check the link above

#3 13 years ago

If it's in good shape, $800 is actually a decent price for a BTTF. It's not a bad game. I definitely like it more than TMNT. It has always annoyed me, though, that Michael J. Fox wouldn't allow them to use his likeness.

#4 13 years ago

I think $800 is a good deal if the machine is in decent condition. Actually a pretty cool looking pin and a good pickup in that price range. I like it much more than TMNT.

#5 13 years ago

Welcome to the Pinside!

I am a fan of back to the future, I wouldn't mind having one at all...

$800.00 is a good price if its not trashed.

#6 13 years ago

thanks guys thats what i thought too. thanks for welcoming me in to this great group.

#7 13 years ago

You must live near Denver...

#8 13 years ago

yeah i do live in denver. i take it you saw it on craigslist

#9 13 years ago

I saw it as well, you going to pick it up?

#10 13 years ago

Go take a look, pull out $600 cash and see what happens. That's my advice. Yup, I am also in Denver....

#11 13 years ago

BTTF is a simple, but very fun machine. A very good beginner's machine. I would also try $600 depending on the looks, but $800 is a fair price.

#12 13 years ago

I'd love to find a BTTF in good shape at that price. It's a very simple pin, but I like it a lot...and love the music on it!

#13 13 years ago

sometimes simple pins just play so darn good they become the most played in the game room - strange in a way

#14 13 years ago

BTTF is a great game. I don't like the feel of Data East machines personally, so I let mine go after a year. It really doesn't have a good "flow".
I do miss it, and would buy one again if a nice price like 800 came up, and it was in nice condition.

#15 13 years ago

i missed out on it pretty bummed. thanks for the input comrads

#16 13 years ago

Awww man, that's too bad. Another will come along, don't worry. That would've been a cool one though..

#17 13 years ago

I missed out on it pretty bummed. Thanks for the input comrads ...

Try not to let it get you down. Consider it a learning experience. At that price, it's hardly surprising that it sold so fast. One thing you will quickly learn is that you cannot hesitate when presented with a good deal. People in this hobby are vultures. Sometimes if you wait even an hour to think about it, three other people have already started a bidding war. You best bet is to get over there with cash in hand ASAP. Since you are new to the hobby, I realize it can be tough to recognize a good deal when you see one . Over time, however, it will become instinctual.

#18 13 years ago

yeah great advice. im new to ownership but not to the game i have a pretty good idea of how to spot a good deal. what bummed me out the most is i called left a message 3 hours after the posting and never got a return call it was the guys work number. i tried again and they were closed. i called again in the morning and the first caller snached it. when i asked they guy why he didnt call me back he said he the recepionist never gave him the message. thats the bummer part i had the cash too. but hey im over it now and searching again. and yes pinballers are vultures. i must say i am liking the response i have gotten from people its great to talk with people that are obsessed like i am. thanks everyone

#19 13 years ago

It's back...from the past. From a day ago when you thought you got hosed. Get on it

denver.craigslist.org link

#20 13 years ago

O HELL YEAH THANKS MAN!

#21 13 years ago

Good luck getting it cevans - if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

#22 13 years ago

oh yeah you got to get on that!
800 is a steal

#23 13 years ago

Get out to that dude's house with cash, pronto!

#24 13 years ago

thanks for the support guys. i went to the guys bussiness i thought he had it there. jus showed up all crazy guy no one would answer the phone waiting for the call. one guy got there before i did so we will see. if not i will get over it. again lol

#25 13 years ago

OMG... The drama over this machine! I sure hope you get it!!!

#26 13 years ago

i know right

#27 13 years ago

$800 isn't that good a deal, I wouldn't call it a steal. I'm sure it needs to be shopped, probably needs $150 in parts for a game that will sell for $1,200 but won't fly off the shelf for that.

It's a good price if it's a game you want, but it's not a killer deal.

#28 13 years ago

it might need some work. ive been lookin for one for a while now. not the best machine ever made by any means. i just have thing for bttf. we will see im not gonna lose any sleep over the deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.