• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Well,

I have reevaluated the Bally's on my previous list that I submitted to you folks a little while back on another thread and decided that I am not going that route after discussions with some other pin folks and my own accord.

I wanted a Bally just to have diversity in my small collection but with only having room for 7 pins I need a really special one and to me a Bally does not fit that bill, maybe if I had room for 10-12 pins I would squeeze one in.

Now I need some new feedback from the good folks on Pinside yet once again.

From the LIST ONLY: What is your First, Second, and Third choice and why.

New List to choose from:

* 1977 Sonic Prospector
* 1978 Gottlieb Joker Poker
* 1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush
* 1974 Gottlieb Big Indian
* 1977 Gottlieb Jet Spin
* 1977 Williams Hot Tip

Note about Prospector: The only Sonic I ever played back in the 70's and it had a great feel, art, sounds, and played different than the big 3 brands. Playfield layout was great too.

I am a fan of the 3" Flipper so that is why there are no older titles.

Let's have some fun once again.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

#2 11 years ago

Big Indian #1 my fav 4 player EM - had it in my game room a very long time
Joker Poker #2 - card theme with drops spaced out better then others
Jet Spin #3 - I just like the back glass futuristic skate boarders

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Big Indian #1 my fav 4 player EM - had it in my game room a very long time

I like Big Indian for the art and Playfield layout. I have not played it since the 70's so I do not have a good feel for how it plays.

I also like the fact it has a long shot to the drop targets and another thing is the Vari-target which I do not currently have in my lineup, so that would be a nice addition.

Ken

#4 11 years ago

kind of curious Ken
what are project EMs going for in your land?

#5 11 years ago

Though I haven't owned those exact titles, I did really like the layout and rule set for Super Spin, so Jet Spin would have my vote. There is always something to shoot at, the left alley shot is unique and the extra ball light is a constant lure.

Also had a Card Whiz, have to say the out lanes were a drain monster, but did like the ruleset, if you could complete it!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

what are project EMs going for in your land?

There is currently a 1962 Williams King Pin for sale on Epay in Nampa Idaho for $175.00.

Really hard to find projects around this neck of the woods, same as good working EM's.

Living in the mid-west or back east definitely gives you a pinball advantage.

Ken

#7 11 years ago

Joker poker! If you have a line on an em one grab it!
And if you don't want it......

-jeff

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

And if you don't want it......

-jeff

Now hold on a minute Jeff, I thought BINGO was your game-o!

Ken

#9 11 years ago

Always looking for a project. It would look great next to my ss version.

-jeff

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

There is currently a 1962 Williams King Pin for sale on Epay in Nampa Idaho for $175.00.
Really hard to find projects around this neck of the woods, same as good working EM's.
Living in the mid-west or back east definitely gives you a pinball advantage.
Ken

Based on the fact that you haven't sold your King Pin yet for $175 must mean there aren't many pinheads near you either. If it were in my area it would have been gone quick. There may be a lot more games in the midwest but also a lot more pinball guys to compete for them. I think I'd just clean that one up and play it until something else pops up. It's supposed to be a very good game.

On your list of multi-players Prospector would be my first choice. Joker Poker EM would be sweet but very hard to find.
Alex

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Based on the fact that you haven't sold your King Pin yet for $175 must mean there aren't many pinheads near you either. I

Very True, and as far as pinball EM/SS/DMD repair there is one guy for sure that does it professionally in the Boise area, is an operator as well and he struggles for work.

Ken

#12 11 years ago

I'm going to 2nd Prospector. I've played this game many times and have a couple Sonics in my line-up. They are fast and fun. They use standard Williams parts and usually have perfect playfields..they used some special clear on these that never seems to wear.

Hot Tip would be my 2nd choice..nice variety of things to shoot for..drops, spinner and a captive ball. Cool backglass...must like orange.. Check out this video for a good idea of play:

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

1977 Sonic Prospector

Good choice if you want a clear coated playfield (ahead of their time) as it would have low if any wear. Less paint restoration (+ you have a connection with it)

Any of the Gottliebs would be fine just have to go with the theme you prefer.

On the Royal Flush I am partial because I played that along with others at my grandfathers store in Pa. having been bought from the senior citizens building in my old hometown in NJ ,playing it as a kid at the house (about 2 weeks worth) ,my dad wanted to make sure it was working properly first before bringing it otherwise he would have to take a trip back to repair it.
Then it was added to the pinballs at my GFs (160 miles one way) store. (General store ,candy ,soda ,Em pins & then video games added >late 80s )
I could kick myself for not keeping tabs on what my GF was doing because alot of the machines he had were sold off (luckily 2 were left )and having a drivers license kinda put all pinballs on hold having interest in cars then circa-Late 80s.

But after a long hiatus I am back to the pinball addiction.(Boomerang effect )(+ silverball museum did help too)
Had the chance to get a Royal Flush in Sept 2012 went with my brother to pickup two pins (the other a Bally QB from the same seller) so I am happy to say you can get some memories back.

IMO another way to look at it is, speaking about the RF they make B/G and the playfield plastics replacement parts available now + PBR has a lot of Gottlieb parts.
So you have to look at it at that angle too.

Good luck in your quest.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

used some special clear

Urethane was used I believe.

#15 11 years ago

#1 Sonic Prospector. I haven't played this game, but I own a Super Straight made by Sonic and it is pretty darn fun. Easy to work on because everything is Williams parts.
#2 Jet Spin. Fun game, I like the roto target on it. That Special target is a challenge to hit too!
PS. Any Sonic game rules!

#16 11 years ago

I had a chance to buy a Williams Hot Tip a while back for $800.00 in good shape local but thought it was a little pricey at the time. Not having the extra bucks to buy it was an issue at the too but I don't really regret not getting it, so there must be another pin out there on the horizon for me.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-drawing-board-need-em-4-player-recomendations-once-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.