(Topic ID: 118920)

Back of Back Box Borg Flasher for STTNG

By budroosker

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Decided to buy a cheap LED string and hook it up to the back box flashers on my STTNG pinball machine. Total out of hand. Lights up the whole room. (Note the attraction mode)

I ordered a string of Green LED's to hook up to ROM War Bird back box flashers. Will be here soon. Connected it up in a temp fashion so if too much I can quickly disconnect.

Because of the cheap availability of these LED strings in multiple colors many combinations are possible.

#2 9 years ago

Did you use just one or multiple? It seems like you may have 3 different zones hooked up, one to each "pod" in the Borg ship? Did you connect at the socket or elsewhere?

#3 9 years ago

Connected a LED string that I got from Aliexpress.com. Has glued back so just pasted it on there. Connected the entire 5 meter string (in square pattern and yes it's overkill) to the flasher socket in the backbox. Ran the wire through the vent hole.

Right now it is only connected to center "pod" Borg flasher socket. I am getting used to it so I just dropped some wires into the socket which has v shaped wire catch (don't know the term here). It's not permanent in case I think it's too much.

The LED strings could also be used for GI underneath/inside the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-of-back-box-borg-flasher-for-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.