6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hangman57
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hangman57.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

not sure if this is an on going or a new thing, i have two gottlieb machines Robo War and Genesis, now the Genesis machine has boot up issues on the first cold start from off, if the florescent light is hooked up, music starts, ball enters shooting alley and there is no credit pushed, you have to totally clear the machine and credit then start as normal. now if you take the florescent light out the tube and starter, all seems to be ok no issues yet. Is this something new, can it be repaired. Now the robo war does not do any of this, but what the robo war has is a rf filter installed on the main power supply, could that be something. anyone have a thought let me know or have heard of this before.

#2 6 years ago

just some added info, discovered that my genesis machine was wired so the polarity was wrong, I changed my existing florescent to led, and got rid of the starter and ballast, and changed the lighting system to 120v switched through the machine, that's how discovered the polarity issue, the led is polarity sensitive. so corrected the polarity issue and it seemed to have corrected a lot of my operation issues, not the back light bulb issue connected to the robot, but that's next. but at least no feed back thru speakers, nor display issues. or cold start issues. recommend checking polarity on your machines.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hangman57.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-light-florescent-tube-lights?tu=Hangman57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.