20230424_125918 (resized).jpg
1681066927791904187096645243631 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
20220907_180438 (resized).jpg
20211004_224210 (resized).jpg
20211004_224202 (resized).jpg
1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mt45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 5 years ago

New to the club and working to take a good condition TM to great!
Such a cool and different game

Here are some questions: feel free to answer one or none!

- Does the Juke box on the speaker panel stay lit all the time (mine does not and suspect issue)
- Has anyone repaired the Star warp ramp using the "Weld-on #3" brand glue?
- Any favorite LED types, tricks or placements that are a must do?
- Has anyone rebuilt the chime box unit so the chimes are crystal clear? (New grommets?)
- The far left ramp entrance has a ball guide mounted to an "L" bracket ...mine's gone (like many) and wondering if anyone has fabricated one of their own?
- Any cool mods?

Finally, Longshot here ... but, anyone got an NOS star warp ramp to sell? Name your price and I promise I won't be offended and I'll probably buy it.

1 month later
#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

I was wondering if someone can tell me what type of lock and cam should be in the back box of this? There's a standard one there now and the cams to short, I put a longer cam in and its hitting the back glass. I'm not sure just to bend it up some or if there was something special there to begin with.

Sorry this took so long. My Dad got very sick and I had to leave town. He's improving now but long road ahead.

Here are the pics. I am pretty sure this was a 7/8" lock
I had to replace mine as well but I think I had the cam (right angle piece)
The secret is the right angle cam. Hopefully you still have yours

If not below are some potential suppliers. You might need to modify it/grind it

Ebay
ebay.com link: 2 Pk 7 8 Double Bitted Black Cam Lock Keyed Alike 2 Keys Each 1 1 4 Offset Cam

Pinball Life
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4518

Marco (out of stock)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKTF2201-19-08

IMG_2331 (resized).JPGIMG_2331 (resized).JPGIMG_2332 (resized).JPGIMG_2332 (resized).JPGIMG_2333 (resized).JPGIMG_2333 (resized).JPG
#207 5 years ago
Quoted from Meatbat:

just picked this game up and it’s very fun!!

Welcome to the club!

1) changing the flipper coils will reduce the power. Search this thread for the correct lower power coils. [EDIT coils are FL11630]

Easy job to solder them in. Do one at a time and match the placement of the wires

2) I had the same issue with the pop bumper closest to the player. When the ball hit the top of it there was very often no response. Lift up your playfield and check all the mounting screws and bolts for that pop. Make sure all are snug. If so, then use your switch adjust tool to bend that spoon shaped end of the switch “upward” slightly so that the point of the plastic skirt comes closer to contacting it. This makes the pop more sensitive.

Look at your pop mechs and read this post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-tricks-for-tuning-pop-bumpers#post-345253-parent

1 month later
#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone confirm for me if both flippers should trigger lane change / extra ball light (outlanes) change? Only my right one does and the left flipper doesn't have a double leaf.

Only my right flipper changes lanes

1 month later
#226 5 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

My insert under the "Time Machine" going to the ball lock ramp was burned out and "repaired" at some point. So the artwork is missing over the replacement insert. I'll be replacing the replacement insert as well since it wasn't supposed to be clear. Could someone scan the car artwork for me or take a high res pic of it so I can create a new decal for it? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Helping out a fellow Tennessean ... hope this works for you. If you need full size, PM me

IMG_3181 (resized).JPGIMG_3181 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Couldn’t find any ball guides for this game so had a bunch made. The original ones were made out of aluminium so I am assuming a number of people have issues. There were super expensive to source but at least this will fix the ball hop issue. Have 9 sets extra of anyone needs these will be selling them. Just getting them powercoated and will post when the final versions are available. Wish there was more stuff available for this machine such as ramps and plastics as it is such a great game to play would love to fully restore mine. [quoted image]

Great job on those. They are desperately needed on almost every Time Machine. I ordered a set from Cliffy

He specifically makes them for this game. Look about halfway down the page for links to "Steve Faiths Time Machine"

http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya seen that after we got them made, lol...
Figured do a nice powercoat on them, my machine has a beautiful baby blue wire form to go with machine, so figured would do in that colour and see if anyone in the community was interested in a set specifically for TM since I have 9 extras.

Fantastic idea. Love to see pics. Love this game and it's retro factor!

1 week later
#245 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Powder is done on the ball guides pretty happy how they turned out.
IMG_3002.jpeg
[quoted image]

Those look awesome

1 week later
#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Trish:

You got it, it lights up, but no letters. Should be part of the backglass, but the letters are not there nor look like they ever were. We took the back glass off and looked behind and in front. It is nothing taped to the glass and it is mirrored. Evan states it is original backglass with no modifications. Was just wondering if I bought a very rare version (ok, wishful thinking lol).
I assume my answer to getting these letters is find an original backglass to buy from someone. If i feel the need to have letters.
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Not sure if you can because of the new account, but if you can shoot us some pics!
And welcome to Pinside and ... congrats on the first pin. Get ready to make room for more!

4 months later
#296 4 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

Here's my Time Machine after I finished it. I made the custom topper and several of the playfield toys.

OMG, you KILLED it on this title! Such and awesome job and now my new benchmark and goal for my Time Machine. Love this game and your work and makeover on it are incredible.

So impressed!

Hope you’ll help a brother out with advice as I begin mine!

1 month later
#299 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

It is always a question on what color LEDs to use. I used cool white for most of the GI and many of the inserts. The cool white was too bright in the Star Warp Ramp area so I used purple. I used yellow rubbers which look good on Time Machine and added mirror blades.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice look. Love the yellows!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mt45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club?tu=mt45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.