20230424_125918 (resized).jpg
1681066927791904187096645243631 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
20220907_180438 (resized).jpg
20211004_224210 (resized).jpg
20211004_224202 (resized).jpg
1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjs001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

I am looking to join the club, going to look at a Time Machine hopefully next weekend. I am curious of your guys opinion on the fair market value for this game, say 7/10 vs 9/10 over all condition. I know the game has sat unused for 8 years but is supposedly in fantastic condition. Are there key things I should look at that are common issues with this game or common play field pieces that I should asses for damage. Is this game fairly easy to work on general maintenance wise? Thank you for any insight you can provide me with.

#42 8 years ago

Thank you for the guidance. I am really hoping it is pristine. Will post back after I can lay eyes on it.

4 weeks later
#43 8 years ago

Just following up, I am finely this Thursday getting to check out this game. Had some schedule conflicts and had to keep moving the dates. So will know Thursday if we are pulling the trigger on this pin.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just shopped one. Fairly straight forward and the Ramps are easy to take off.
Biggest thing on this pin is that left ramp. It's generally cracked as data east produced this with really powerful flipper coils.
Make sure the chime unit works, and I would recommend disconnecting the knocker as it activates with the chimes and distorts their sound in my opinion.
The game looks fantastic in LEDs.
I'd say price wise 1000 for a beater. 1300-1600 for a nice one.
And if you found a rare huo one, I'd easily pay 2k plus. It's a rare pin that is very quirky.
Starting to get sentimental as I just sold mine.

Well after a long delay, finally managed to go look at the game. We ended up purchasing it. Will post some pictures in a couple days. It all works, just needs a deep clean of the play field. I will do some mechanic cleaning since it has sat for so long and a flipper rebuild, the left is a bit weak. I have no way of knowing for sure if it was only HUO machine but it seems in too good of shape to not have been one. The cabinet art work is near mint still glossy, one piece of art missing from the head unit, guessing it hit something in moving at one point, serial number sticker still in tact on the right side of the cabinet. Back glass is 10/10. Play field mylar has no bubbling or deep wear anywhere on the game. Almost no wear on in-lane and out-lanes. We are excited to see this all cleaned up.

#60 8 years ago

Here are the pics. You will notice copious amounts of wax still on the playfield in some areas. Ended up paying $1500 for the game. The only cracked plastics are the ones in the pic, I will prob recreate them just because I am o.c.d.

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

image_6.jpegimage_6.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#61 8 years ago

The rest...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

image_6.jpegimage_6.jpeg

image_7.jpegimage_7.jpeg

4 weeks later
#68 8 years ago

Finally ready to start shopping our time machine so we can finally start playing it. Have a few questions
1. Is there a way to weaken the stock flipper coils? The ramps are not damaged yet and I would like to keep it that way. Or should I just replace the entire coil? If so which coil is recommended?
2. Planning to led it while I have it all torn down for deep cleaning. Looking at cointakers premium non ghosting kit. Can you just plug and play LEDs into this game or are some mods needed for the led bulbs.
3. Is there a setting to disable the knocker for the chimes? I agree with OP it doesn't sound that great and takes away from the chimes.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

1. Mine had the next weaker coils installed in flippers. Can't recall number.
2. Leds are plug and play on it.
3. I pulled out the wire from the connector in the backbox for the knocker. You'll have to look at manual as I don't have game anymore.

Thank you for the speedy response. In post #32 you stated that at least one flipper was Williams FL 11630, and more then likely the other was the same. I suck at understanding all the electrical aspects still, do you know if I would still use the same capacitor that was normally on the original coils or do I need a different one? Thanks again.

3 months later
#87 8 years ago

Finally after several months since purchasing, started to do a full playfield tear down to do a deep cleaning of everything and install LEDs so we can finally start playing this pin. After removing the playfield "bow tie" found this note. Does this mean this machine was #4 in production?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

Finally after several months since purchasing, started to do a full playfield tear down to do a deep cleaning of everything and install LEDs so we can finally start playing this pin. After removing the playfield "bow tie" found this note. Does this mean this machine was #4 in production?
image_(resized).jpeg

Found another old forum post and learned it is the model number and not the production number.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Just acquired a Time Machine in super condition and should have read the posts here before purchasing new, stock coils. Yikes! I will be installing the FL11630s to save the ramps. Using the stock coils will result in crushed ramps in no time.
Question about the PPB: Mine has a blown ECG393 transistor that runs the left side kicker and it seems to be an obsolete part. Does anyone know the substitute part for it? Is there a better solution when replacing it?

Did you end up installing the other coils? If so did you need to do any other changes for the coil or was it a simple swap. Capacitors remained the same? Thanks for any guidance.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Post pictures of your playfield and LEDs. I am getting close to redoing my playfield and I am looking for ideas on the lighting.

I'll post some pics in a week or so once I am all done. Game is totally torn down right now, putting cointakers led kit into the game. Cannot wait to have the game up and running so we can play it.

#103 8 years ago

Curious how everyone has their flippers adjusted relative to the playfield flipper markers. I was able to boot up the game today and check all the work. I cannot get the left flipper to hit the right upper ramp. Any pointers on ideal flipper position for this game is appreciated.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I tend to align the flipper bats so there is an imaginary straight line through the bat and the lane divider. I can shoot the right ramp with no problem. (I'm in the process of shopping my TM).

IMG_0915_(resized).JPGIMG_0916_(resized).JPGIMG_0918_(resized).JPG

Thank you!

#106 8 years ago

Finally finished the work on TM. Installed LEDs and put the FL11630 flipper coils in, and gave it a deep cleaning. Managed to get the Mylar almost clear again, looks a ton better then the pics I posted of it when we purchased it last fall. Last thing I'd like to do is disable the knocker because you can barley hear the chimes over it. I cannot read schematics, does anyone know which wire I need to remove from the molex connector in the back box?

1 year later
#183 6 years ago

Have any of you guys triple thicked the backglass? If so was there any issues on the lighting effect where the glass is clear so the reflective material behind the glass if visible, if that sense. I'm afraid of clouding the clear areas with the triple thick.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Could someone post a picture of the top left of the CPU board, please?
I'm trying to have it work on mine and I lack the C103 capacitor...
Or if you've got the info on what cap I need to put there...
Thank you guys !

Looking at the schematic, looks to be 0.1uf capacitor same rating as c102.

DSCN4533 (resized).JPGDSCN4533 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Well I’m glad my games not 100% broken then. Sounds like the knocker coil needs disabled

There is also a setting that affects how powerful the coils and knocker fire for multiball, I found the setting after a good year of owning the game. It defaults to the loud setting whenever batteries go dead or are changed with power off. Its not a huge improvement but certainty better on the lower setting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjs001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club?tu=cjs001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.