20230424_125918 (resized).jpg
1681066927791904187096645243631 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
20220907_180438 (resized).jpg
20211004_224210 (resized).jpg
20211004_224202 (resized).jpg
1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg
There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Time Machine is an excellent first pin, very fun!
1) Polished is standard on first 5 DE pins.
2) Red is normal and available from vendors.
3) Speaker panel should be bright chrome, not uncommon to have been painted as the chrome often fails or crazes.
4) The standup targets can be changed but are hard to find sometimes.
5) Paint and Mylar works well.
6) Replace, the newer Stern/DE unit is a 10-24 and more robust.
7) ok
8) For catches I have been using the more robust Williams catch and latch.
Gary
[quoted image][quoted image]

Many thanks @gdonvan. Your help is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to posting some pictures when she is tidied up

1 week later
#352 2 years ago

They need to make a Pinsound for this machine

Or are there any other custom sound options for this machine?

1 month later
#353 2 years ago

Just got this machine I did a high score and full system reset.

What are the best settings for Time Machine league play?

And what are the best settings for tough, but not unfair home play?

1 month later
#354 2 years ago

WTB, please contact me if you know of one for sale or have one for sale. Thx

4 weeks later
#355 2 years ago

Hello All, I'm stoked over my TM score this week. It's the newest pin I own and looking mod and make this the crown jewel of my collection. Where's the best place to source parts and upgrades? Glad to be part of the club

1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg
1 month later
#356 2 years ago

Just joined the club!

My new favorite machine. Very minty w/factory mylar. Shined up very nice. Added cyan illuminated flipper buttons & lit the start button.

A wild Delorean even found its way onto the playfield!

20211004_224202 (resized).jpg20211004_224202 (resized).jpg20211004_224210 (resized).jpg20211004_224210 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#357 2 years ago
Quoted from Xylog:

Just joined the club!
My new favorite machine. Very minty w/factory mylar. Shined up very nice. Added cyan illuminated flipper buttons & lit the start button.
A wild Delorean even found its way onto the playfield!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club and your pin looks great. I just sent my boards to Gene Mosh and hopefully I will have my pin up and running soon.

#358 2 years ago

Hello, just got a Time Machine. Playfield is fabulous - the grills on the speakers are a bit blackened and not chrome looking - looks like someone tried cleaning them thinking they were really chrome at one point? Anyone making replacement grills and lower section for the machine above the playing field under the backglass? Apologies if this is elsewhere in Pinside and I missed it in my searching. Part is 500-5124-00 Speaker Housing Assembly.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#359 2 years ago

Hi, I've got a Time machine with the wrong apron ...
I've been trying to find some apron decals without much luck.
Does anybody have a set of apron scans they would be willing to share ?

1 month later
#360 2 years ago

So ... the mylar removal went very well - until it came to the large inserts

Does anyone have a couple of closeups they could share - so I can try to recreate the decals ?

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Hi, I've got a Time machine with the wrong apron ...
I've been trying to find some apron decals without much luck.
Does anybody have a set of apron scans they would be willing to share ?

If you are still in need: I do have an original Time Machine apron out of a machine used for parts.....

1 month later
#362 2 years ago

A couple of LED questions. I am about to put in an order with comet for my TM and for my HS2.
I am planning on going with retro warm white for GI, and brighter for the inserts.
1)Does anyone has a list or a spreadsheet of the inserts and what format you used that you can share - I am not going to be back to my machine for another week.
2)Is Ghosting a problem with this generation of DE machines ?

Thanks

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

2)Is Ghosting a problem with this generation of DE machines ?
Thanks

Nope.

4 months later
#365 1 year ago

I may have a shot at a TM, but it’s really rough and needs a full restoration. Are parts readily available? I hate to take on this project if it’s near impossible to get parts. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I may have a shot at a TM, but it’s really rough and needs a full restoration. Are parts readily available? I hate to take on this project if it’s near impossible to get parts. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ramps are not obtainable, plastics are via CPR. Most of the mechs and switches are off the shelf hardware.

Cabinet decals can be purchased from RetroRefurb, there is a company selling a translite or backglass on plastic.

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Ramps are not obtainable, plastics are via CPR. Most of the mechs and switches are off the shelf hardware.
Cabinet decals can be purchased from RetroRefurb, there is a company selling a translite or backglass on plastic.

That’s great news. The playfield and ramps sound like the things that need to be solid.

2 weeks later
#368 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if the Klacker is supposed to fire off when the chimes do? Mine fires pretty consistently during the multiball.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Can anyone tell me if the Klacker is supposed to fire off when the chimes do? Mine fires pretty consistently during the multiball.

Yes, its suppose to sound like a score reel clacking since you are in the 50's

Some guys replace it with an actual EM score reel, I stuck a chunk of foam in mine.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Some guys replace it with an actual EM score reel, I stuck a chunk of foam in mine.

okay great thank you!

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I had mine for years before i knew there was supposed to be one there. Whoever had mine cut the whole mech out. (klacker, not the chimes).

1 month later
#372 1 year ago

Hi all, I have had a Time Machine for a couple of months now but have only just got it playable following a persistent sound fault and a strip down. At the end of my game it always offers to have a continued game, can this be disabled? I can't see anything in the manual

20220907_180438 (resized).jpg20220907_180438 (resized).jpg

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

At the end of my game it always offers to have a continued game, can this be disabled?

E Ad 46 BuyiIn Feature - Permits a player to retain certain playfield achievements for the next game. Set to All to retain playfield lamps & locked balls, set to BALLS Only to retain locked balls or set to OFF to disable this feature. Or you can wait 15 seconds between games and the feature times out.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

E Ad 46 BuyiIn Feature - Permits a player to retain certain playfield achievements for the next game. Set to All to retain playfield lamps & locked balls, set to BALLS Only to retain locked balls or set to OFF to disable this feature. Or you can wait 15 seconds between games and the feature times out.

Awesome, thank you

3 months later
#375 1 year ago

Anyone have either the ramp decals or scans I would appreciate it.

#376 1 year ago

Does anyone have either the ramp decals or scans I would appreciate it.

#377 1 year ago

I have an extremely nice populated backbox swinging door with the displays if anyone is looking.

2 weeks later
#378 1 year ago

I went ahead and made ramp decals and a decal for the plastic underneath the bottom pop so if anyone needs the scans let me know. I also added ramp protectors to the double ramp using shooter lane protectors, if anyone wants more info on doing that let me know.

Tom

IMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#379 1 year ago

Does anyone know where this plastic piece goes?

1681066927791904187096645243631 (resized).jpg1681066927791904187096645243631 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#380 1 year ago

Does anyone have or know where to find insert decals for this title? I have a really nice playfield that plays well but has... Well the best way to describe it is the decals have almost jellified under the mylar. I went ahead and removed the mylar taking zero paint, but definitely causing some hell to the inserts. Again, these didn't look decent before the removal, so this isnt making the problem worse and will hopefully get me to a solution.

20230424_125918 (resized).jpg20230424_125918 (resized).jpg20230424_125925 (resized).jpg20230424_125925 (resized).jpg20230424_130020 (resized).jpg20230424_130020 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#381 11 months ago

I feel dumb but can someone explain to me how to switch in the adjustments the amount of balls to play. Previous owner had it on 8 balls lol I find the adjustment in the settings but I can't figure out how to switch it thanks

#382 11 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I feel dumb but can someone explain to me how to switch in the adjustments the amount of balls to play. Previous owner had it on 8 balls lol I find the adjustment in the settings but I can't figure out how to switch it thanks

Pressing the Game Start button will move the value up or down depending upon the position of the Forward/Reverse switch.

#383 11 months ago
Quoted from Timmo:

Pressing the Game Start button will move the value up or down depending upon the position of the Forward/Reverse switch.

Looks like the game may have an issue start button won't work to change the settings. It does work to start a game.

2 weeks later
#384 11 months ago

Happy to have just joined the club after picking up a really nice example of TM at Pinfest.

Does anyone have a source just for the slingshot plastics? (I know that CPR has made a full repro set if needed, but I'm just looking for the slings.)

Any ideas for a low-budget topper? Doesn't have to be motorized or light up--just something appropriate for the theme. Any ideas appreciated.

3 months later
#385 8 months ago

Cliff of Cliffy's Protectors is working on a protector for the Star Wrap ramp Happy to see Time Machine ramps get some love after the ramp developers don't seem interested in reproducing any of them. Would love to see one, two, or all three ramps be remade at some point.

2 weeks later
#386 7 months ago

I sold my Time Machine but have an unused CPR plastics set if anyone is needing it.

These are $169 plus shipping from CPR. I can do $125 shipped in the continental US (can ship elsewhere but would be an additional cost).

Chris

5 months later
#387 57 days ago

Has anyone reproduced or is planning to reproduce the left side ramp assembly for TM? I sure could use one, even a broken one that might be repairable.

Thanks,

Alan

#388 57 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Has anyone reproduced or is planning to reproduce the left side ramp assembly for TM? I sure could use one, even a broken one that might be repairable.
Thanks,
Alan

On the 1st and 2nd question the answer is no. There is a need for this ramp. All 3 ramp makes all know of this and they also know this is going to a $%*&^@. The cost is going to be ugly if they do devise a way to make it happen.
The original ramp was made on a metal form. To have new metal form made guesses were 3k to 5k then when discussed some time ago. If i had 20k + to piss in the wind maybe it would happen.

#389 56 days ago
Quoted from cp1610:

On the 1st and 2nd question the answer is no. There is a need for this ramp. All 3 ramp makes all know of this and they also know this is going to a $%*&^@. The cost is going to be ugly if they do devise a way to make it happen.
The original ramp was made on a metal form. To have new metal form made guesses were 3k to 5k then when discussed some time ago. If i had 20k + to piss in the wind maybe it would happen.

A very polite yet comprehensive way of saying, "GFL, Al."

#390 56 days ago

This keeps getting asked here and on ramp threads. It's almost like no one uses the search function at top of the page.

That ramp is in my head every so often adding more thought into another way outside the usual box how to make a replacement. It will happen it's a matter of when the bright flash of light comes to me.

#393 55 days ago

This was good idea to. Had nice thing going but cut some of it off and went simple.

1 week later
#394 43 days ago

Just bought a new set of plastics for my TM. Would someone tell me where these three clear plastics go? The protective film is still on them.

Also, are all of these key chain tags or promo pieces, or do they go on the playfield?

20240313_085812 (resized).jpg20240313_085812 (resized).jpg20240313_085850 (resized).jpg20240313_085850 (resized).jpg
#395 42 days ago

I know where this plastic goes, but what goes in the off-center middle hole?

20240313_123940 (resized).jpg20240313_123940 (resized).jpg
#396 38 days ago

OK, i figured out where all the clear plastics go and what goes in the hole, but I'm still wondering if all the plastics above a key chain tags or some kind of promo pieces.

#397 37 days ago

Indeed. Sets from CPR always have a bunch of promo/key chain plastics.

Quoted from Alan_L:

OK, i figured out where all the clear plastics go and what goes in the hole, but I'm still wondering if all the plastics above a key chain tags or some kind of promo pieces.

#398 37 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

some kind of promo pieces.

Fan made Promo stuff not Data East.
Need to use up blank spaces in the clear plastics.

1 month later
#399 4 days ago

In the club! Been wanting one of these for ages....needs a full going over, rebuild flippers, led changes and rubber etc...

Lots of questions...
- Star ramp ever remade by anyone?
- My lock bar has 3 bolts through it...anywhere to buy a new or replacement in stainless? See pictures..
- Also anyone ever reproduce the chrome plastic speaker panel??

Thanks for any help.

20240421_135735 (resized).jpg20240421_135735 (resized).jpg20240421_135130 (resized).jpg20240421_135130 (resized).jpg20240421_135126 (resized).jpg20240421_135126 (resized).jpg
#400 4 days ago

Welcome to the club.

Ah being asked about a 3 headed Unicorn. (The Star ramp we all want) look up to older posts in the thread.

As to the chrome speaker panel New old stock flawless. (there was claim to them being out there) Not being reproduced yet. Used one do exist but may not be better looking. Can the current one be re-chromed look yes. I was told there a few ways in doing this but money is game.

Now on your lock down bar appears to be modified. As to the most i have seen that don't look like that. My guess is the welded on studs broke off. The repair was drill holes and use a off the shelf screws form a hardware store. It works but not factory. Unless some one here in thread can tell us otherwise. I have not looked in to a new lock down bar from another maker. Don't hold me to it but a Williams one of the same era may work. Someone else may confirm this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club/page/8?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.