IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
20220907_180438 (resized).jpg
20211004_224210 (resized).jpg
20211004_224202 (resized).jpg
1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
20190529_171845 (resized).jpg
tm1 (resized).jpg
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 4 years ago

Hi @fiatsrus, I would be keen to get a copy of your Time Machine Ramp cover template.

Cheers,
Jason.

Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I just purchased a Time Machine in pretty decent shape, but it had no cover on the right ramp. Here are some pics of one I made from plexiglass. I cut the basic shape with a rotary saw blade mounted on a dremel tool. I then completed the shape using a sanding drum on the dremel. The edges were sanded and then flame polished. I used an electric heat gun to make the bends and put a slight "hump" in it over the ball path so the balls don't get stuck. I saved the template if anyone is interested.
Also, at the far left of the third picture you can see one of the ball gates at the top of the playfield. It was missing the wireform and I couldn't find one at any of the usual sources so I made it out of a bicycle spoke. It worked quite well since a spoke is springy steel that can be bent, with some effort, without breaking.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
#302 4 years ago

Does anyone know where you can get a decal set for the ramps?

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from jedigriffo:

Does anyone know where you can get a decal set for the ramps?

Been working on that myself without luck.

#304 4 years ago

I need stickers also mine is missing a few so its not scan and remake project. but not exactly looking either game is in the to do line. but check for parts every so often just in case.

2 weeks later
#305 4 years ago

Question on something I just noticed recently. Does everyone elses coin slot lights go on and off with the GI flashes?

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Question on something I just noticed recently. Does everyone elses coin slot lights go on and off with the GI flashes?

Yes

1 week later
#307 4 years ago

My TM is missing the sling shot plastics. Does anybody have an extra set or a good scan?

1 month later
#308 4 years ago

Recently picked up a completely original and HUO only time machine in super shape. The nicest I’ve owned. It was never shopped in its 30 year life but was still looking near new. A tear down with a cleaning, waxing, new rings, LEDs and bulbs and ready to play. This is my 3rd but best TM yet! Ramps and plastics are pristine!

037A4168-DB00-470C-B113-BAB9E39C0F21 (resized).jpeg037A4168-DB00-470C-B113-BAB9E39C0F21 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#309 3 years ago

Hello,

i have a lot of broken plastics on my TM.
Someone has good scans for the plastics ?

thx Mike

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hello,
i have a lot of broken plastics on my TM.
Someone has good scans for the plastics ?
thx Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-time-machine-cpr-plastics-interest

#311 3 years ago

thank you,

but currently the delivery from the usa to austria takes up to 3 months (currently i have been waiting for a package from the usa for 2 months) and that takes far too long for me

Mike

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

thank you,
but currently the delivery from the usa to austria takes up to 3 months (currently i have been waiting for a package from the usa for 2 months) and that takes far too long for me
Mike

Might not be any different, but CPR would ship from Canada, not US.

1 month later
#313 3 years ago
Quoted from jedigriffo:

Hi fiatsrus, I would be keen to get a copy of your Time Machine Ramp cover template.
Cheers,
Jason.

Here is a pdf of the scan. Sorry to be so late. Sold mine a while ago. Great pin!

DE Time Machine - Ramp Cover Template.pdfDE Time Machine - Ramp Cover Template.pdf
2 months later
#314 3 years ago

Does anyone know the correct flipper coil stop dimensions. Rebuilt my flippers, and I think my stop is to long. My throw is way shorter than I remember it, but I threw out the old stops they were so mushroomed.

1 month later
#315 3 years ago

I'm trying to rebuild the flippers in my Time Machine. Using the appropriate flipper rebuild kit for L and R flippers from Pinball Life (see pic). But I've just realized that it contains only one switch for each flipper, a closed one, rather than the two that are on the stock flipper. One of those is open, one of those is closed (see pic). Marco's also appears to contain only one switch per flipper. Is this an intentional omission - ie, is there a way to rebuild it using just one switch? Also, my Pinball Life didn't include the small return springs that I see in the Marco kit. Do I need to get those? My stock flippers didn't have return springs on them. What are the part numbers for what I will need? Anyone have some nice diagrams? Thanks - just looking for a head start.

IMG_2028 (resized).jpegIMG_2028 (resized).jpeg500-6306-20 (resized).jpg500-6306-20 (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I'm trying to rebuild the flippers in my Time Machine. Using the appropriate flipper rebuild kit for L and R flippers from Pinball Life (see pic). But I've just realized that it contains only one switch for each flipper, a closed one, rather than the two that are on the stock flipper. One of those is open, one of those is closed (see pic). Marco's also appears to contain only one switch per flipper. Is this an intentional omission - ie, is there a way to rebuild it using just one switch? Also, my Pinball Life didn't include the small return springs that I see in the Marco kit. Do I need to get those? My stock flippers didn't have return springs on them. What are the part numbers for what I will need? Anyone have some nice diagrams? Thanks - just looking for a head start.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinball life is more correct. Marco pix is for solid state flippers.
You have to reuse the lane-change switch strobe, switch.
Missing are the two bumper plug dampeners.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Pinball life is more correct. Marco pix is for solid state flippers.
You have to reuse the lane-change switch strobe, switch.
Missing are the two bumper plug dampeners.

vec-tor What is the lane-change switch strobe? Is that the other switch in the grouping, the one that is normally open? Do you have a part number for it? Looks like it has 3 terminals. Do you have a part number for the bumper plug dampeners too? Thanks.

#318 3 years ago

From Data East Monday Night Football:
1) item 15 & 16 Flip. Instant Info. SW 180-5026-00
From Data East The Simpsons
2) item Grommet 545-5105-00

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

What is the lane-change switch strobe? Is that the other switch in the grouping,

If you have any "old" solid state pinballs like Williams Firepower... then you know that the
flipper assembly had an extra switch that was not part of the "flipper" assembly itself,
but was activated "by" the flipper assembly....
Many pinball novices are known and are prone to adjust the flipper EOS switches
with the power on and those put +28 volts to +50 volts down the pinball switch matrix
thus blowing up their game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Data East Time Machine has two switches from the games switch matrix as attached to part
of the flipper assembly.
switch matrix (resized).pngswitch matrix (resized).png

#320 3 years ago

vec-tor thanks for your help on this!

1 month later
#321 3 years ago

A good friend of mine is a media maven and a games collector (he has about 16 pins at home). He posts YouTube videos on specific games. He featured Time Machine (virtual) this week and asked me to talk about Time Machine sounds and music. I thought that it might be of some little interest to this thread. Forgive me if it isn't.

also, if the physical chimes are too loud, there is the option to have the FM chip make virtual chimes (which it does very well).

"see you later alligator"

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

A good friend of mine is a media maven and a games collector (he has about 16 pins at home). He posts YouTube videos on specific games. He featured Time Machine (virtual) this week and asked me to talk about Time Machine sounds and music. I thought that it might be of some little interest to this thread. Forgive me if it isn't.

also, if the physical chimes are too loud, there is the option to have the FM chip make virtual chimes (which it does very well).

Thanks for posting, can't wait to watch it later. This is one of my favorite DE.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

the actual game does this? Had no idea.

The chimes are why we bought this game.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The chimes are why we bought this game.

yea, the chimes are so cool

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, DE came back to me and said that some operators objected to the chimes. By implementing them on the synth they would be controlled by the volume knob. To my knowledge it is an adjustable or it is on some dip switch. It's been way too long.....

1 week later
#326 3 years ago

I just got my first pinball project and it is a Time Machine. It is a real mess but I hope to be able to resurrect it after a whole lot of TLC.

I would appreciate any help in getting it working in the best possible way and keeping it as original as possible. Right now I am debating whether to buy decals or try and repaint all the wood. I am leaning towards decals. I also want to get some LED lights for it and I need the front glass as well. Let's hope I get to play it in a few years.

IMG_20210214_103211 (resized).jpgIMG_20210214_103211 (resized).jpgIMG_20210214_103231 (resized).jpgIMG_20210214_103231 (resized).jpgIMG_20210214_103242 (resized).jpgIMG_20210214_103242 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_172855 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_172855 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_173755 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_173755 (resized).jpg
#327 3 years ago
Quoted from pcheng:

I just got my first pinball project and it is a Time Machine. It is a real mess but I hope to be able to resurrect it after a whole lot of TLC.
I would appreciate any help in getting it working in the best possible way and keeping it as original as possible. Right now I am debating whether to buy decals or try and repaint all the wood. I am leaning towards decals. I also want to get some LED lights for it and I need the front glass as well. Let's hope I get to play it in a few years.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Poor thing! It can be saved.

Data East aprons if not visually correct come up for sale on Ebay.
Plastics from CPR.
Flippers, shooter and other stuff is common parts.
There is a reproduction backglass on plastic that is for sale on Ebay usually.
PF glass is common size.

Hopefully the VUK ramp on the right is floating around the bottom of the cabinet, that might be hard to find.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from pcheng:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

missing a few parts. not sure if any of the ramps have been redone and I am pretty sure the plastics are very hard to find.

#329 3 years ago

Make sure to take very good care of that main ramp and the plastics! That ramp looks like it is in pretty good condition which is rare for these.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

missing a few parts. not sure if any of the ramps have been redone and I am pretty sure the plastics are very hard to find.

CPR just made the plastics.

No repo ramps.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

CPR just made the plastics.
No repo ramps.

So he will need the plastic ramp on the lower right side then

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Make sure to take very good care of that main ramp and the plastics! That ramp looks like it is in pretty good condition which is rare for these.

I was thinking the same thing... If you can't make this work, I'd be interested in that time warp ramp. Mine is pretty rough

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

So he will need the plastic ramp on the lower right side then

See post #327

#334 3 years ago

if its in the cabinet he is golden. everything else will be piece of cake.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

if its in the cabinet he is golden. everything else will be piece of cake.

I see the sound board is there, excellent. Any DE MPU will work aside from a few early Laser War. PPB is common as is power supply board. Displays are easy.

#336 3 years ago

I would recommend searching high and low for an original backglass. The repros and/or translites that have been going around are not correct that I've seen. The STARWARP part isn't layered correctly.

Someone can correct me and point him in the right direction if there's actually one out there that functions as intended, but I'm not aware of one.

#337 3 years ago

I am getting excited from the replies here. The extra ramp was under the cabinet and it seems it is in good condition. No cracks or bends. I need to start the cleaning process and then I will post photos of it when it is a bit cleaner. Should I varnish the surface of the playfield to avoid it being further destroyed?

#338 3 years ago

If needed, I have an Apron available.

For the backglass.....you can ask Coos in Holland for a remake. I can offer him a backglass in order to scan it.

http://coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

For the backglass.....you can ask Coos in Holland for a remake. I can offer him a backglass in order to scan it.

ebay.com link: DATA EAST Time Machine Pinball Machine Next Gen Translite backglass

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

ebay.com link: DATA EASTTime Machine Pinball Machine Next Gen Translite backglass

That would be an option. Coos can produce a real backglass with real mirror. I have seen a few of his backglasses and they are gorgeous. They'll come with a price though and shipment from Europe won't be cheap either. But the option is there.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

That would be an option. Coos can produce a real backglass with real mirror. I have seen a few of his backglasses and they are gorgeous. They'll come with a price though and shipment from Europe won't be cheap either. But the option is there.

Option is there, I'm just pointing this out.

I purchased a SECOND Time Machine to restore my first one for the sole reason of it had a spare backglass which my first was missing. I have never seen an original for sale yet.

20190519_132828 (resized).jpg20190519_132828 (resized).jpg
#342 3 years ago

One benefit of a real back glass is that I am in Europe, albeit in a small island called Cyprus. How much would it cost though? There are no prices stated there.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from pcheng:

One benefit of a real back glass is that I am in Europe, albeit in a small island called Cyprus. How much would it cost though? There are no prices stated there.

You can send Coos an email message. His email address is mentioned at his website (scroll all the way down at the backglasses webpage).

#344 3 years ago

Could anyone post a pic of the gate at the top left of the game? Picked one up a few days ago and the gate is missing and can't see it well enough from available pics. Right now when you shoot the ball into play it just goes right through onto the playfield.

#345 3 years ago

This was before I cleaned it up after purchase.

IMG_6318 (resized).JPGIMG_6318 (resized).JPG
#346 3 years ago

Perfect...thank you. I just wasn't sure if it was gate, ball stop, etc. I scored this on a great price but it does have a few easy fix issues. Worst one was bringing out of the peoples basement and the lock bar fell off. No key for the front door and I forgot my drill, I guess the bar was just pushed down and had bent the locks inside down also, looked like the PF was locked in but it was not. The glass took a squishing but didn't give in....[in no danger off falling apart as I had the head well secured but I had visions of tempered glass pieces everywhere]

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

I just sent them a message, I didn't see the backglass listed but I am interested if they are doing this.

Thanks.

1 week later
#348 3 years ago

And working good enough to play. Going to do some flipper work and still need a small gate, but those are waiting until parts come in.

tm1 (resized).jpgtm1 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#349 2 years ago

Hi everyone

This is my first post as last weekend I bought my very first pinball machine....#TimeMachine.

I had no experience of it before, but the sale was local and I have always wanted a pin with chimes.

First thoughts? I'm in love, what a machine!! So much fun to play and listen to!

Anyways, so glad I found you guys, spent last night reading through all your posts and now putting together a plan to restore my new baby as much as I can.

Issues so far:

Cracked and damaged ramps, needs some reinforcement.
Buzz/hum on the sound system, new isolated PSU on order.
Black lockdown bar,I can see this isn't standard
Black shooter handle...this should be red??
Matt silver speaker panel, think this should be high gloss.
One row of standing targets are all circles.
Some wear on playfield that's need touched up with paint...surely fill then paint then mylar???
A post on the timewarp ramp is at an angle...remove, full and refit?
Chrome tmoulding stuck to back box.....pulled off!!
Missing catch on backbox... replace.

Then, I think I'll be happy

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashbo:

Black lockdown bar,I can see this isn't standard
Black shooter handle...this should be red??
Matt silver speaker panel, think this should be high gloss.
One row of standing targets are all circles.
Some wear on playfield that's need touched up with paint...surely fill then paint then mylar???
A post on the timewarp ramp is at an angle...remove, full and refit?
Chrome tmoulding stuck to back box.....pulled off!!
Missing catch on backbox... replace.
Then, I think I'll be happy

Time Machine is an excellent first pin, very fun!

1) Polished is standard on first 5 DE pins.
2) Red is normal and available from vendors.
3) Speaker panel should be bright chrome, not uncommon to have been painted as the chrome often fails or crazes.
4) The standup targets can be changed but are hard to find sometimes.
5) Paint and Mylar works well.
6) Replace, the newer Stern/DE unit is a 10-24 and more robust.
7) ok
8) For catches I have been using the more robust Williams catch and latch.

Gary

20190529_171845 (resized).jpg20190529_171845 (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club/page/7?hl=fiatsrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.