Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by JBK
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 119 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1020806 (resized).JPG
P1020805 (resized).JPG
20190613_195822_resized (resized).jpg
20190615_143100_resized (resized).jpg
Time Machine_edited-1 (resized).jpg
apron_one (resized).jpg
apron_two (resized).jpg
20190519_132824_resized (resized).jpg
82C2C93C-3C8E-47CC-9185-90C5714D1F6E (resized).jpeg
577156459 (resized).jpg
IMG951432 (resized).jpg
IMG951433 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
2EA2F7C5-3936-4E70-B929-65F1FD0D3B94 (resized).jpeg
E9552B23-07A6-4157-9366-1560642FA082 (resized).jpeg

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 2 years ago

Such a good game right?

1 week later
#152 2 years ago

Does anybody have an idea how to prevent the ball to get stuck on the place in the picture? Happens quite often and no way to release without taking the glas off.

20170321_174503 (resized).jpg

#153 2 years ago

Yep. Install a new rubber in that area. Should take care of it.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Yep. Install a new rubber in that area. Should take care of it.

I don't think this will help because the distance between the point the ball gets stuck and the post is to big...

And i have another question: Which material was used for the ramps? Mine are all cracked on some points...

#155 2 years ago

I think you rubber is too old and stretched. This is the reason for the ball hang up. Put a new one on and at the same time, put a spacer on
between the screw and plastic to raise it a very small bit. All ramps are cracked. Best to change the flipper coils to weaker ones. The
FL-11630. These will make the shots and clear the ramps while saving them as the same time. If you want to hide the cracks, you'll
need stainless steel. Bend and attach. There is a post in here showing how someone did it. Hopefully they will be remade.

#156 2 years ago

Can anybody tell me if you can control bonus lane multiplier lights with both flipper buttons or just the right one? All my games can control using both, just seeing if this was only on TM.

#157 2 years ago

Mine is just the right side.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Mine is just the right side.

Thanks! Figured they were all like that

1 week later
#159 2 years ago

I unmounted all ramps to clean and polish my playfield and tried to install them today but had a problem with the left ramp. It is hitting a white nut and now is around 1cm above it's original position....but why???

20170331_192141 (resized).jpg

20170331_192159 (resized).jpg

#160 2 years ago

Looks like your wire ball guide is not installed in the picture. I think that will help hold the ramp up and position it properly.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Looks like your wire ball guide is not installed in the picture. I think that will help hold the ramp up and position it properly.

Which wire ball guide do you mean? And how should this help? The main problem is, that i can't screw the ramp down with the screws on the 2 sides....there is a gap between the plastic if the ramp and the wooden rails.

#162 2 years ago

Does anybody have the far left ramp metal ball guide that screws into the playfield with two screws? Mine was missing and I'm not really wanting to fabricate one.

#163 2 years ago

I meant the ball guide from the lock ramp. I had a bit of a tough time getting mine to sit back in place when I shopped mine out also. Seam ed to be kind of fussy to get into place. Hopefully this helps.

Quoted from LamimaMZ:Which wire ball guide do you mean? And how should this help? The main problem is, that i can't screw the ramp down with the screws on the 2 sides....there is a gap between the plastic if the ramp and the wooden rails.

20170401_163533 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#164 2 years ago

Need some help. I installed FL1130 coils in Time Machine today. Can someone post a pic if the right and left flipper coil wiring? I need to
ensure I'm hooking up correctly. Also, I need a good shot of the white wires coming off the end of stroke capacitor to know which wire
goes where.

Thanks.

1 month later
#165 2 years ago

Am back in the club oh yeh!!!

1 month later
#166 2 years ago

Hey guys, I just picked one up. It's a mess and I'm trying to get it to boot still but I will be getting to the playfield soon.

So anyway there are some major hacks. I'm wondering what this part of the playfield should look like? Right now it's a hand cut piece of plastic hot glued (or something) and sort of painted. Pics would be great!

Thanks

hack (resized).jpg

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

Hey guys, I just picked one up. It's a mess and I'm trying to get it to boot still but I will be getting to the playfield soon.
So anyway there are some major hacks. I'm wondering what this part of the playfield should look like? Right now it's a hand cut piece of plastic hot glued (or something) and sort of painted. Pics would be great!
Thanks

It's a metal ramp guide. It has a bit of a beveled side to match the ramp slope. Has two screws that attach the L-bracket at the one end.
I found mine at Pinball Resource in his close-out section.
Steve had the part listed as: Left Ramp Ball Guide, # DE-500-5107-00

Here's what mine looks like...

TM_ramp_guide (resized).jpg

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

It's a metal ramp guide. It has a bit of a beveled side to match the ramp slope. Has two screws that attach the L-bracket at the one end.

Perfect! thanks.

Once I pulled it off I found that the "L" bracket was broken. I guess that's why they just Double-sided taped it and filled in the gaps with caulk. LOL. No more at Pinball Resource. I might have to make my own. Not too bad to do.

#169 2 years ago

Hmmm. Mine is missing that as well. Maybe a piece of spring steel will work. Mine doesn't even have the L bracket - I suppose I could find something that would work at my local hardware store.

Quoted from Timerider:

2 weeks later
#170 2 years ago

Hey TM'ers... heard this during my pinball tour: Time Machine has an alternate soundtrack for each decade. If you hold the flippers it will kick in after a while.

Haven't been able to confirm this yet... is it true?

#171 2 years ago

Just picked up my second time machine after selling my first with regret. Anyone have any spare sling plastics for sale?

1 month later
#172 2 years ago

Still looking for Time Machine sling plastics if anyone has any.

#173 2 years ago

I have finally found a near mint TM and have be on the hunt for a long time. Its surrounded by an bunch of Williams games but they seem to getting along .

DSC01016 (resized).JPG

DSC01015 (resized).JPG

DSC01026 (resized).JPG

DSC01027 (resized).JPG

DSC01022 (resized).JPG

#174 2 years ago

Wow! Makes me want to shop and led mine! Looks great!! Anyone happen to have a chrome speaker panel? Mine is black

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

I have finally found a near mint TM and have be on the hunt for a long time. Its surrounded by an bunch of Williams games but they seem to getting along .

Curious as to what the PC power supply is for? Isolate audio hum?

#176 2 years ago

I am looking for plastics for the slings and a chrome speaker cover housing for my time machine. Anyone have anything?

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Curious as to what the PC power supply is for? Isolate audio hum?

Yes it does take the hum out. It was installed before I purchased it.

1 month later
#178 2 years ago

In the club! Enjoyed playing it so far. Obviously the music is amazing. Picked up a month or two ago. Spent most of that time at a buddy's house (to repair hacked up wiring and some board work). Works great, cosmetically a mess: a couple melted insert decals, missing backglass, broken ramps and one target bank, broken/missing plastics. Solid cabinet though.

If I ever find the parts I need, I'll have a decent game on my hands. Found a backglass already, but need the trim. PM me if you have parts: extra ramps (starwarp & lock), plastics, target bank

IMG_6903 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#179 2 years ago

Hi All,

Just picked up a Time Machine that seems to be in good shape, however when I shoot the ball into the star warp and it goes under the cabinet, it takes about 15-20 seconds for it to pop back out near the re-entry shoot. I tried tweaking the thing that shoots the ball back out but it does not seem to help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

4 months later
#180 1 year ago

If things go well, I should be part of this club by this weekend...

#181 1 year ago

And there it is !
IMG_20180407_192844385 (resized).jpg
I think i'm in love again !

#182 1 year ago

You'll have a great time. One of my favorite games

#183 1 year ago

Have any of you guys triple thicked the backglass? If so was there any issues on the lighting effect where the glass is clear so the reflective material behind the glass if visible, if that sense. I'm afraid of clouding the clear areas with the triple thick.

#184 1 year ago

Could someone post a picture of the top left of the CPU board, please?
I'm trying to have it work on mine and I lack the C103 capacitor...

Or if you've got the info on what cap I need to put there...

Thank you guys !

IMG_20180407_192844385 (resized).jpg

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Could someone post a picture of the top left of the CPU board, please?
I'm trying to have it work on mine and I lack the C103 capacitor...
Or if you've got the info on what cap I need to put there...
Thank you guys !

Looking at the schematic, looks to be 0.1uf capacitor same rating as c102.

DSCN4533 (resized).JPG

#186 1 year ago

C103 not being there isn't going to prevent the 5V from being there. Do you have 5V? C103 being shorted would cause the 5V to not be there. L2, C102, C103 and C157 are just a filter for the 5V.

C103 location (resized).jpg

#187 1 year ago

Thank you so much, guys !
It helps a lot.
On the pdf file of the manual, i couldn't read correctly the value of c103.
But ok then. Just a filter for 5v.

My situation is I got alkaline corrosion on the mpu board... (what a surprise, eh!)
PIA and 5v leds light on, and that's it. PIA do not turn off... and blank led doesn't turn on...

I read somewhere my 5C and/or 5B eproms are bad..?

#188 1 year ago

Do you guys know where to find the files to be put on a new eprom???

#189 1 year ago

IPDB?

#190 1 year ago

Well that was my first idea, but I just can"'t seem to be able to download them...
Don't know if that's an area thing, ...?

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from wylcot:

I just can"'t seem to be able to download them..

Likely something related to their server issues:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipdb-down#post-4332646

#192 1 year ago

Oh, there we go.
Problem solved. I can open it today !

I'll just need to figure out what file to put where...

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Thank you so much, guys !
It helps a lot.
On the pdf file of the manual, i couldn't read correctly the value of c103.
But ok then. Just a filter for 5v.
My situation is I got alkaline corrosion on the mpu board... (what a surprise, eh!)
PIA and 5v leds light on, and that's it. PIA do not turn off... and blank led doesn't turn on...
I read somewhere my 5C and/or 5B eproms are bad..?

Well... I'm puzzled.
Changed both. Nothing new...

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Well... I'm puzzled.
Changed both. Nothing new...

Well I used a 256k eprom... I didn't have any 128k available... that may be the reason...?

2 months later
#195 1 year ago

New to the club and working to take a good condition TM to great!
Such a cool and different game

Here are some questions: feel free to answer one or none!

- Does the Juke box on the speaker panel stay lit all the time (mine does not and suspect issue)
- Has anyone repaired the Star warp ramp using the "Weld-on #3" brand glue?
- Any favorite LED types, tricks or placements that are a must do?
- Has anyone rebuilt the chime box unit so the chimes are crystal clear? (New grommets?)
- The far left ramp entrance has a ball guide mounted to an "L" bracket ...mine's gone (like many) and wondering if anyone has fabricated one of their own?
- Any cool mods?

Finally, Longshot here ... but, anyone got an NOS star warp ramp to sell? Name your price and I promise I won't be offended and I'll probably buy it.

1 month later
#196 1 year ago

Another member new to the DE Time Machine club! One of the better non DMD games in my opinion.

Probably a long shot but looking for the following:

- Spare apron (ours has scratches), or a scan of the apron center so a decal can be made,

- Scan or copy of an original pricing card for lower right (ours is missing), and

- Set of decent plastics.

Thanks!

IMG_0963 (resized).jpg
#197 1 year ago

Joined a couple months back. Time Machine has quickly become a family favorite. I need to work on my multi-ball though -- I can never seem to keep them in play very long.

5J5A0654 (resized).JPG

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I need to work on my multi-ball though -- I can never seem to keep them in play very long.

It's difficult to do. Multiball is usually very short for me.

1 week later
#199 1 year ago

Hi all, I just got a DE Time Machine. I really like this machine, but I have a couple of questions that I can’t find in the manual. The lock for the back glass, what size lock and cam should be there? This one looks to have a standard lock but the cam seems to short and it doesn’t lock the glass in. I’m not sure if just a longer cam would work or if it’s something special.The other thing is I want to convert this over to LEDs, it seems the head uses #44s except for the “Time warp” lights that are #555. Under the playfield seem to be #555 but it looks like the lights for the large inserts like the 60s-80’s seem to be bigger than the normal #555. I looked at that late at night and might be wrong.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

Hi all, I just got a DE Time Machine. I really like this machine, but I have a couple of questions that I can’t find in the manual. The lock for the back glass, what size lock and cam should be there? This one looks to have a standard lock but the cam seems to short and it doesn’t lock the glass in. I’m not sure if just a longer cam would work or if it’s something special.The other thing is I want to convert this over to LEDs, it seems the head uses #44s except for the “Time warp” lights that are #555. Under the playfield seem to be #555 but it looks like the lights for the large inserts like the 60s-80’s seem to be bigger than the normal #555. I looked at that late at night and might be wrong.

OK I figured the bulbs out, I thought they were 906 bulbs but wasn't sure why they were there. I found they use regular 555 and a flasher for some of the inserts. Well now on to the lock in the head, its amazing how better you see when you get some sleep.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenville, NC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.95
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside