20230424_125918 (resized).jpg
1681066927791904187096645243631 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
20220907_180438 (resized).jpg
20211004_224210 (resized).jpg
20211004_224202 (resized).jpg
1988 Time Machine (resized).jpg
There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 8 years ago

Fellas, one of Data East's best pins in my opinion. Figured I'd start a club. It'll be small, but a good place to talk all things Time Machine!

Here's mine!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Anyone else disable the chimes cause they're damn loud? haha

#3 8 years ago

Anyone have any advice (or files) for a stencil or decal solution? I have a friend with TM in great shape other than the cabinet. Thanks!

#4 8 years ago

Have to tear mine down first the most beat up game I've owned to date. Did you remove the Mylar on yours?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#5 8 years ago

No, I left the mylar alone. I have fears of it pulling decals.

#6 8 years ago

I just picked one up a week ago. Only have a picture of it in the trailer. It's in decent shape. Also got a nos back glass with it, a nice bonus as the one in the pin has a couple bad spots.

20150822_155916-1.jpg20150822_155916-1.jpg

#7 8 years ago

More pinball!

#8 8 years ago

Shoot again!

Nice grab alleycat. Post pics when you set her up. Time Machine screams for LEDS. The shop is pretty damn easy too FYI.

#9 8 years ago

I'm new to pinball ownership (got my first one about two weeks ago, ST Pro), but Time Machine was the game that got me hooked on pinball. After I got my first car in high school, I used to drive to the closest mall arcade (1990 timeframe) to play it. I put a lot of quarters into Time Machine and it was the only one I played.

For sentimental reasons, I'd like to get this one some day.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I'm new to pinball ownership (got my first one about two weeks ago, ST Pro), but Time Machine was the game that got me hooked on pinball. After I got my first car in high school, I used to drive to the closest mall arcade (1990 timeframe) to play it. I put a lot of quarters into Time Machine and it was the only one I played.
For sentimental reasons, I'd like to get this one some day.

Cool story.

They're out there. Much different than your new stern, but still pinball nonetheless.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Cool story.
They're out there. Much different than your new stern, but still pinball nonetheless.

Certainly different, but I really loved Time Machine. TM was my high school pin and World Cup my college pin.

I'd love to see TM with leds, bet it looks amazing. Jealous of the OP.

#12 8 years ago

Check out some of Todd Tuckney's TNT videos on Time Machine. They do a great job on the ones they sell. Youtube has them.

#13 8 years ago

Hardest shot in the game: for me, far left ramp shot. Always seem to brick it off a post.

#14 8 years ago

looking to Buy one...

#15 8 years ago

Didn't sqwakxt have one for sale?

#16 8 years ago

Discussed elsewhere, but it seems like DE flippers are just plain strong.
I get some great ball flying off the ramp smacks on the glass with this game. SMACK!

And Einstein!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Discussed elsewhere, but it seems like DE flippers are just plain strong.
I get some great ball flying off the ramp smacks on the glass with this game. SMACK!
And Einstein!

Mine has Williams coils installed that are just a bit weaker. Saves the ramps from cracks but still allows for all shots.

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

My first post and my first game!

timemachine.jpgtimemachine.jpg

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconX:

My first post and my first game!

timemachine.jpg

Welcome to Pinside and to the TM club!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone else disable the chimes cause they're damn loud? haha

The chimes rock!

#21 8 years ago

They do. Loudly. Ha

1 week later
#22 8 years ago

I picked up time machine last winter while in florida.still looking for a centr ramp.I did buy one from mike aka churchofthesilverball but he ripped me off .sent him the money and he never sent me the ramp.sent many emails to resolve but to no avail.If your looking for a ramp beware this guy is a roach. he has a post on rgp for these ramps.

#23 8 years ago

That's crappy. Sorry you had that experience.

You could start a post on him. Tip others off to his bad dealings.

#24 8 years ago

We need to get cliffy to make a ramp protector for the star warp ramp. Mine is beat up, but not enough to buy a $300 replacement. Anyone have something already as a protector?

#25 8 years ago

Where are there replacements?!

#26 8 years ago

Ocassionally on ebay. There are a few pinsiders who have them stashed away too.

Also, disabling the chimes is a major party foul.

#27 8 years ago

I have the correct coils in the flippers but man they feel way over powered.

Anyone have this issue?
Should I switch the resistors?

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone have this issue?

Depending on how overpowered you're talking about, it might be normal for the DE machines of this era. Robocop has super strong flippers. The couple TM's I've played seemed to be just below that level.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone have this issue?

The prior owner put in less powerful coils on mine. Still works great. I think de used really powerful coils on the flippers and hence the banged up ramps!

#30 8 years ago

I know an op that has a time machine and I'm kinda interested in giving him a offer but I'm not sure what to give. Most of his games are pretty rough cabinet wise and are dirty but playfields are in pretty good shape.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The prior owner put in less powerful coils on mine. Still works great. I think de used really powerful coils on the flippers and hence the banged up ramps!

Thanks,
Could you tell me what coils they used?
Mine are too strong, the left ramp launchs the ball off it about 25% of the time

#32 8 years ago

FL 11630 on left. Right has no wrapper

#33 8 years ago

Thank you BlackBeard

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Thank you BlackBeard

No problem. Swap out for weaker ones. Save those ramps!

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from hottubr:

I picked up Time Machine last winter while in florida.still looking for a centr ramp.I did buy one from mike aka churchofthesilverball but he ripped me off .sent him the money and he never sent me the ramp.sent many emails to resolve but to no avail.If your looking for a ramp beware this guy is a roach. he has a post on rgp for these ramps.

Well, that sucks!
Thanks for the warning.

3 weeks later
#36 8 years ago

I have a strange issue with mine. Start a game works fine but if you hit the center pop and then the left, very quickly, the game ends and you are back at free play? Any thoughts? I am able to replicate this by just touching the switch to activate each pop.

#37 8 years ago

I would look at the diodes on those switches perhaps.

1 week later
#38 8 years ago

I am looking to join the club, going to look at a Time Machine hopefully next weekend. I am curious of your guys opinion on the fair market value for this game, say 7/10 vs 9/10 over all condition. I know the game has sat unused for 8 years but is supposedly in fantastic condition. Are there key things I should look at that are common issues with this game or common play field pieces that I should asses for damage. Is this game fairly easy to work on general maintenance wise? Thank you for any insight you can provide me with.

#39 8 years ago

I just shopped one. Fairly straight forward and the Ramps are easy to take off.
Biggest thing on this pin is that left ramp. It's generally cracked as data east produced this with really powerful flipper coils.
Make sure the chime unit works, and I would recommend disconnecting the knocker as it activates with the chimes and distorts their sound in my opinion.

The game looks fantastic in LEDs.

I'd say price wise 1000 for a beater. 1300-1600 for a nice one.
And if you found a rare huo one, I'd easily pay 2k plus. It's a rare pin that is very quirky.

Starting to get sentimental as I just sold mine.

#40 8 years ago

BB is right on.
Also look for playfield wear near the rollover switches in the inlanes and outlanes. Seems to wear there first.
Look for battery damage to the board, particularly if it has been sitting for a long time.
Ramps, plastics and such are hard to find, but mechanical and electronic parts (aside from the chime box) are findable.

#41 8 years ago

Also, if you see this guy, it's the OTHER Time Machine.......
20151101_074915.jpg20151101_074915.jpg

#42 8 years ago

Thank you for the guidance. I am really hoping it is pristine. Will post back after I can lay eyes on it.

4 weeks later
#43 8 years ago

Just following up, I am finely this Thursday getting to check out this game. Had some schedule conflicts and had to keep moving the dates. So will know Thursday if we are pulling the trigger on this pin.

#44 8 years ago

Hi, does anyone know of how to get cabinet decals or stencils for time machine? Or can someone send some hi resolution photos of cabinet and backbox sides as well as cabinet front. I have a great machine but cabinet needs help. Thanks. I read on a random post a few weeks ago that someone took photos of their machine, cleaned them up with photoshop and had vinyl decals printed. I'd love to do the same to mine.

#45 8 years ago

I just got one not too long ago. Great game. Data East's best IMHO. Every 80's dude needs to own one. It's very different from all pins
out there. All ages can relate to the music.

#46 8 years ago

I'll be joining the club next week, and was hoping someone could help me, I need to know the width of the backbox on it. I use a Dodge journey to haul pins, and it's just big enough to not fit a pin. I usually have to move games on their side or push the backbox forward, and I was hoping someone could help me so I know which way I'll be doing it before I get there. Thanks!

#47 8 years ago

We played Time Machine on "Bro, do you even pinball?" last night!

This is actually Blackbeard's old game. It'll be on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo soon if you are in the area and want to try it out.

#48 8 years ago

I watched the show last night. Glad she played like a champ. You guys are fun to watch too.

I do miss that game. Just fun, mindless pinball. Quite a unique pin.

#49 8 years ago

The star rollover switch needed a quick adjustment before we went live but otherwise it played great. And you're right, it's just fun to play. Thanks for watching!

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I'll be joining the club next week, and was hoping someone could help me, I need to know the width of the backbox on it. I use a Dodge journey to haul pins, and it's just big enough to not fit a pin. I usually have to move games on their side or push the backbox forward, and I was hoping someone could help me so I know which way I'll be doing it before I get there. Thanks!

Just over 30" wide. Like 30 1/4+/-.
Hope it fits, and welcome to the club!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.