Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by homebrood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'm not rich and my game room has been setting unused for 10 years. In that time I spent 5 years restoring my hot rod. The next 5 years I enjoyed driving it Now I'm 62 it's time to slow back down. I sold my hot rod and ordered a MMR. I've done a playfield swap and repaired my own pins. Now it's time for a NIB game. I bought PM to replace the one I sold to work on my car. I picked up a NGG. I still have my phoenix with CC playfield and my Breakshot and a Pop-a-card EM. So yes I wanted a NIB pin. What the Hell you only live once.

#2 6 years ago

Welcome back my friend !

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Thanks LTG I see your still helping everybody out. You helped me a lot thanks

#4 6 years ago

U need 2 NIB'S now to make up for ur absence!!

#5 6 years ago

Good to see you on Pinside! Plenty of great NIBs to choose from nowadays. Just don't pre-order anything!

#6 6 years ago

I had a chance to get in on the BBB when Gene said he was going to make them. it was 5k but later he changed it to 6k. Everybody said it wouldn't be done. But I know what your talking about what's going on now. But everybody's not Gene.

#7 6 years ago

Another old timer from the good old days! What was your handle on RGP, I'm not remembering a guss from back then.

I would have liked to have gotten in on Gene's game but the theme was incompatible with our church groups coming over to play. I do remember defending him quite a bit during those days, I knew he would come through in the end because he clearly was more about building his legacy than trying to make a buck. He also had a lot of help at the time. Too bad how things ended up with him. Anyway, welcome back!

I also took a break from pinball but I resisted the urge to cash out, my games just collected dust for a few years. Made it easier to get back into it as I didn't have to re-purchase at today's crazy prices.

#8 6 years ago

Cool!!! Another RGP'r returns after a hiatus....did it myself 6 months ago!

#9 6 years ago

What did RGP stand for? i.e.; what is abbreviation?
    cheers

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

cheers

rec. games. pinball.
    It was the go to pinball forum before pinside

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

cheers

rec games pinball, it was/is an online user group (forum)

#12 6 years ago

Welcome back. A lot to get caught up on. Pinballnews,com is a good place to start...

#13 6 years ago

Welcome back - A lot of us started on RGP - I still check in every once in a while as addictedtoems. That handle doesn't really apply anymore

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

Another old timer from the good old days! What was your handle on RGP, I'm not remembering a guss from back then.
    I would have liked to have gotten in on Gene's game but the theme was incompatible with our church groups coming over to play. I do remember defending him quite a bit during those days, I knew he would come through in the end because he clearly was more about building his legacy than trying to make a buck. He also had a lot of help at the time. Too bad how things ended up with him. Anyway, welcome back!
    I also took a break from pinball but I resisted the urge to cash out, my games just collected dust for a few years. Made it easier to get back into it as I didn't have to re-purchase at today's crazy prices.

Russ&Gail

5 months later
    #16 6 years ago

Crazy that this is the most recent thread discussing the old RGP days. Ah, to be young again!

#17 6 years ago

Once they changed the format of the posts it was the end for me. It made it difficult to view things and navigate. Pinside is a breath of fresh air compared to RGP.

#18 6 years ago

It's still the old RGP days for a lot of folks. I still go on both and RGP is still alive and well contrary to some opinions...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-the-game-since-the-old-rgp-group and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.