Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ct4 (resized).jpg
    425b69c18b59586293e5d5b2766e5e4d3146ddd3 (resized).jpg
    7C3B50B4-808E-494D-B226-D482CB21E5A3 (resized).jpeg
    release odin (resized).PNG
    9777616F-3C2B-40EF-90E8-BD24F1ACF753.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Get multiball going on Black Hole and you've accomplished something.

When I finally switched mine over to 3 ball I thought okay now multiball is going to be near impossible, but it's not nearly as rare as I expected. Especially with the yellow targets' status now being kept between balls, and if you make that your main objective above everything else from ball 1.

Black Knight... on the 'easy' setting it is WAY too damn easy, shoot the three balls into the lock and that's it, possibly without even having to leave the upper pf. You gotta have it on the hard setting where you at least have to shoot the turnaround to enable it, which is not exactly a cinch shot.

#23 2 years ago

Even when it was 5 balls for a nickel like my Gtb. Poker Face you could start your own multiball, just keep pushing the ball lift rod and shoot, shoot, shoot. If you have 10 or 15 credits on the wheel, why not live a little?

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

And back in those days, a jackpot shot was actually meaningful! You were lucky to get it. I never liked the watered down “every ramp is a jackpot” reward.

Must've been a shock back in the 50s when they changed scoring from millions down to only 1000s. Talk about a pay cut!!

#29 2 years ago

Surprised somebody hasn't made a game which actually serves two balls to the shooter every time, or after you shoot it shoots a second ball out automatically from a subway kicker or something. Just give the player multiball at the start and see what he can do with it. First ball drains and then it just reverts to one ball scoring.

#67 2 years ago

Gotta figure games with multiball are the hardest on the balls too, smackin' into each other all day, getting chipped, especially high-flipper-power modern games. A machine with only one ball in it? Hell the ball must think it has it cushy just bouncing off rubber rings and plastic targets and maybe getting thrown by a steel saucer kicker arm once in a while.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

That's because the super jackpot is the real jackpot.

'Jackpot' is sort of like what 'Wow' or 'Special' or 'award bonus' was in the older days. 'Jackpot' is getting long in the tooth. Maybe they need to come up with a fresh term that still implies winning an accumulated amount of points but I can't think of a good one. 'Jackpot' generally means the ultimate 'biggie' award like on a slot machine, so when there's a half dozen different ones to win in a game, the term loses it's meaning and they gotta keep sticking super or mega in front of it.

#84 2 years ago

<<Gottlieb Punk, if you drain prior to multiball any locked balls also drain. You then start over...>>

>>Black Hole is a mean SOB that way. >>

It isn't quite that bad, it only drains the upper saucer lock and on the next ball it will still be lit and is a very easy shot.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from kdunbar:

Two separate levels and lower is backwards, a good multiball for me last about 10 seconds

And then there's the BAD multiball where you can't complete either of the lower drop target banks and you're forced to watch both balls down there get shot up the tube and flushed right down the drain!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-my-day-you-had-to-work-for-a-multiball?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.