Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ct4 (resized).jpg
    425b69c18b59586293e5d5b2766e5e4d3146ddd3 (resized).jpg
    7C3B50B4-808E-494D-B226-D482CB21E5A3 (resized).jpeg
    release odin (resized).PNG
    9777616F-3C2B-40EF-90E8-BD24F1ACF753.gif
    There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

Now a days you whipper snappers get multiball for doing almost NOTHING.

I played Mandolorian for the first time today, and about 27 seconds in I got rewarded with a multiball. And I wasnt even excited about it. It was more like, "so the f#$% what?"

Some rules, like outrageously easy multiball, kinda piss me off. It is like that quote from Dr Ian Malcolm in Jurrasic Park, how you didn't do anything to attain it.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I played Mandolorian for the first time today, and about 27 seconds in I got rewarded with a multiball. And I wasnt even excited about it. It was more like, "so the f#$% what?"
    Some rules, like outrageously easy multiball, kinda piss me off. It is like that quote from Dr Ian Malcolm in Jurrasic Park, how you didn't do anything to attain it.

Yep. Taxi Multiball is earned. Fathom and many others.

#3 2 years ago

In TMNT choose Donatello as your turtle and hit that right ramp to get Turtle Power multiball on your first shot!

#4 2 years ago

3-2-1 and hear it comes?

#5 2 years ago

Not to mention half of these multi-balls have a ball saver that lasts for what seems like forever.

#6 2 years ago

Get multiball going on Black Hole and you've accomplished something.

#7 2 years ago

But can you memorize how to get the 22X multiplier while running 3 modes in that multiball?

#8 2 years ago

When I was a kid we didn't have multi ball!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

DP lil Deadpool is just as easy and yet I always see you saying you like that?

New players enjoy MB, I’m ok with it if you don’t play the whole game in MB.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Did you get 5 balls for a nickle?

#11 2 years ago

We had to walk barefoot in the snow for 2 miles to earn multiball.

Early multiball games were difficult to keep the multiball after you earned it.
    I have volcano and most multiball times are low.

#12 2 years ago

Except for many a Gottlieb...

#13 2 years ago

Need more multiball!

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

Did you get 5 balls for a nickle?

We didn't have nickels, they weren't invented yet!

#15 2 years ago

I do have 2 machines here that give you 10 balls for a nickel, does that count?

#16 2 years ago

Play gnr. Im not sure it has a single ball mode

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Play gnr. Im not sure it has a single ball mode

Beat me to it!

#18 2 years ago

Get ready for the defenders of jjp to hit us haha

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I do have 2 machines here that give you 10 balls for a nickel, does that count?

If you play them at the same time does that count as multiball lol.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

When I finally switched mine over to 3 ball I thought okay now multiball is going to be near impossible, but it's not nearly as rare as I expected. Especially with the yellow targets' status now being kept between balls, and if you make that your main objective above everything else from ball 1.

Black Knight... on the 'easy' setting it is WAY too damn easy, shoot the three balls into the lock and that's it, possibly without even having to leave the upper pf. You gotta have it on the hard setting where you at least have to shoot the turnaround to enable it, which is not exactly a cinch shot.

#21 2 years ago

3 ball game of Flight 2000, gotsta work hard to Blast Off, Count Down, and get that multi-ball! It won’t happen by accident people! Haha.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I always think of that as “wizard mode”

#23 2 years ago

Even when it was 5 balls for a nickel like my Gtb. Poker Face you could start your own multiball, just keep pushing the ball lift rod and shoot, shoot, shoot. If you have 10 or 15 credits on the wheel, why not live a little?

#24 2 years ago

And back in those days, a jackpot shot was actually meaningful! You were lucky to get it. I never liked the watered down “every ramp is a jackpot” reward.

#25 2 years ago

Ya ever play JJP Hobbit? Ho....leeee......shit!!!!!!!!! If you're not playing a multi ball you're either drunk and passed out or you just had a fatal stroke.

QSS

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

And back in those days, a jackpot shot was actually meaningful! You were lucky to get it. I never liked the watered down “every ramp is a jackpot” reward.

Must've been a shock back in the 50s when they changed scoring from millions down to only 1000s. Talk about a pay cut!!

#27 2 years ago

Didn't every Data East DMD game basically give you a free multiball on ball 3?

#28 2 years ago

Have to jump through lots of hoops just to get a two ball multiball on Creech... and I love it!

#29 2 years ago

Surprised somebody hasn't made a game which actually serves two balls to the shooter every time, or after you shoot it shoots a second ball out automatically from a subway kicker or something. Just give the player multiball at the start and see what he can do with it. First ball drains and then it just reverts to one ball scoring.

#30 2 years ago
    9777616F-3C2B-40EF-90E8-BD24F1ACF753.gif9777616F-3C2B-40EF-90E8-BD24F1ACF753.gif
    #31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

DP lil Deadpool is just as easy and yet I always see you saying you like that?
    New players enjoy MB, I’m ok with it if you don’t play the whole game in MB.

You saw me say I like lil deadpool multiball? Because if I ever say that phrase, kill me. Literally the one part of that game I hate.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Surprised somebody hasn't made a game which actually serves two balls to the shooter every time, or after you shoot it shoots a second ball out automatically from a subway kicker or something. Just give the player multiball at the start and see what he can do with it. First ball drains and then it just reverts to one ball scoring.

Spring break

#33 2 years ago

Getting multi ball on Flash Gordon is impossible or maybe I'm just not that good.

#34 2 years ago

I believe the design term for that is "bozo multiball"

Its designed to reward casual players so they feel like they did something by just flailing around and hitting just about anything.

For some modern games the whole thing is pretty much bozo.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Not to mention half of these multi-balls have a ball saver that lasts for what seems like forever.

My wife has me adjust them up even higher.

People new people really like multiball, I love seeing new people and their excitement, maybe getting into pinball due to multi.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Except for many a Gottlieb...

Depends on the MPU the game is on. System 3 definitely easy, while System 80 was brutal (sans Goin' Nuts).

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Bally released The Wiggler in 1967, and it has three ball multiball (that you have to earn).

How old are you? Jk...

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Surprised somebody hasn't made a game which actually serves two balls to the shooter every time

I think Blackwater 100 serves three balls.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Getting multi ball on Flash Gordon is impossible or maybe I'm just not that good.

I think most people would be grateful to just have a single ball time longer than 30 seconds on FG.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Bally released The Wiggler in 1967, and it has three ball multiball (that you have to earn).
    How old are you? Jk...

Didn't Bally release out a table called Balls a Poppin back in the 50s, which had a crazy multiball?

There's also 1972's Fireball, which had both 2 and 3 ball multiballs.

#41 2 years ago
    release odin (resized).PNGrelease odin (resized).PNG
    #42 2 years ago

Just played Nip-It and was thrilled to get multiball twice after maxing out the bonus, because I had to work for it. I haven’t done that very often.

Now get off my lawn!

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I think most people would be grateful to just have a single ball time longer than 30 seconds on FG.

Never understood the whole FG thing. When I finally played one I got Multiball on my first try and had a 5 minute game. It was so easy

#44 2 years ago

Played Fireball Classic tonight and got multiball on my first shot due to held balls carrying over between games. Granted it didn’t last long but mid-80’s BW representing the easy multiball.

#45 2 years ago

Gotta work so hard to get multiball on Firepower and its usually over in about 5 seconds. Most games of FP I never even sniff multiball.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

How old are you? Jk...

Look man..... ....52 for the record! So the Wiggler beat me by 2 years. I can shoot multiple balls on Five Star Final but that's not saying much.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I agree. I've been waiting for someone to point out that FG didn't have multi-ball. LOL

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Look into gottlieb spring break. It is the oprah of multiball.

3 ball game.

Dipswitch 31 ON starts the game with
    3 balls per game: 2 balls on ball 1, 3 balls on ball 2 and 4 balls on ball
    On a 5 ball game: 2 balls on ball 1, 2 balls on ball 2, 3 balls on ball 3, 3
    balls on ball 4, 4 balls on ball 5.

Dipswitch 31 OFF releases all 4 balls on the first ball in play only.
    1 ball is released on every subsequent balls.

In the game you can shoot the 1, 2 and 3 targets to light "release a ball".
    Which alternates on 3 rollovers, and one being "release all balls".

#49 2 years ago

Stern is doing the whole super easy multiball thing to attract noobs.

#50 2 years ago

Thanks @ Isonchronic_Frost, you got it!

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-my-day-you-had-to-work-for-a-multiball?hl=guard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.