Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Alright, I have some in great shape back glasses that i want to seal so that they dont flake or peal. One being a 1978 playboy and the other a 1979 Lost world. I have seen where people say to use krylon crystal clear triple think, but i cant find that anywhere. Any other brands that people have used and what kind of clear coat? I dont want these puppies to go bad, thanks for your advice early!

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from fredf420:

krylon crystal clear triple think, but i cant find that anywhere.

Have you tried your local craft places? That is where I found it in my area! Also, you can always order it off Amazon.

#3 4 years ago

$14.55 on Amazon shipped for free, or $6.00 at Big Daddy: http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/equipment/equipment-index.htm#otherchemicals

plus shipping. Minimum $30 order.

#4 4 years ago

I've always found it cheap at Wal-Mart. Usually buy all they have. A little trick I learned. When it's warm out you will have a pretty tough time getting a good wet coat on as the Triple Thick tries to crystalize. I spray with two cans at once and just lay down a nice thick wet cover one time. Make sure it is level. I also spray right over the score glass openings.

#5 4 years ago

I have masked the score reel openings in the past, but ya gots to be careful and precise or youll end up seeing the edge. Unsure how it comes out unmasked. Pics???

Also- I know that Michaels crafts at least locally- the store has a bunch on hand. I find WalMart to be competitive- its usually not available.

#6 4 years ago

wait a second...

people seal backglasses to keep flaking paint in place, not to prevent it from flaking in the first place...

i have never seen anyone advise that you seal a non-flaking backglass, as a matter of fact, the advise is the exact opposite...

#7 4 years ago

This sealant isn't good in the long run. It yellows and apparently causes the silk screening to crack.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wait a second...
people seal backglasses to keep flaking paint in place, not to prevent it from flaking in the first place...
i have never seen anyone advise that you seal a non-flaking backglass, as a matter of fact, the advise is the exact opposite...

Agree Chris! I know there was a post all about this but I could only find http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/krylon-triple-thick-recall where it was mentioned!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 21.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside