View topic image gallery

IMG_1100 (resized).jpg
IMG_0975 (resized).jpg
IMG_0629 (resized).jpg
IMG_5948 (resized).jpg
0414AE2E-C1A8-498B-9130-D850EC0D799A (resized).jpeg
4464738F-7442-4BA5-BCC4-2C235A75F924 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Just wanted to give a big Thank You to BGResto. A friend of mine recently purchased a Time Zone and was in need of a back glass. BGR made a brand new one. It was perfect, packaging was outstanding. This make the pin stand out now!

#2 5 years ago

Great to deal with. Even gave me some very helpful advice!

0414AE2E-C1A8-498B-9130-D850EC0D799A (resized).jpeg0414AE2E-C1A8-498B-9130-D850EC0D799A (resized).jpeg4464738F-7442-4BA5-BCC4-2C235A75F924 (resized).jpeg4464738F-7442-4BA5-BCC4-2C235A75F924 (resized).jpeg
#3 5 years ago

That looks perfect! I hear so many complain they can't reach him for an order.

#4 5 years ago

How long did it take from the day you ordered it till the day you received it?

#5 5 years ago

Outstanding quality but it took about 4 months to get my Haunted House glass.

IMG_5948 (resized).jpgIMG_5948 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

I sent him a email 28th of oct and received it the 30th of nov. He responded within a day to all my emails.

#7 5 years ago

He made a wonderful Space Mission BG for me.
It was so much nicer than the terrible CPR one.
Fair price and took awhile but great product.
He is a wonderful asset to the pin community.

#8 5 years ago

And by the way, Thanks KenLayton that's the Flying Aces you helped me get up and going!!

11 months later
#9 4 years ago

Time Zone Backglass not accurate. Backglass missing a red button across from the right hand on the black part of the console below the number 003127. If you pay Bgresto $320.00 for a backglass you would think it would be perfect.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Skylar58:

Time Zone Backglass not accurate. Backglass missing a red button across from the right hand on the black part of the console below the number 003127. If you pay Bgresto $320.00 for a backglass you would think it would be perfect.

In pinball nothing is perfect. I have repo playfields and backglasses from a couple different company's. Every one has a issue or flaw.
It is even possible that there is 2 different backglasses as many manufacturers Had 2 different suppliers.
CPR just ran into this on meteor backglass as some of the originals didnt have a green ink and some did.

#11 4 years ago

The blackglass on Bgresto web sight has the button.

#12 4 years ago

I recently received my Super Bowler backglass after getting restored from BGResto. I couldn't be happier. Before and after pics are below.
IMG_0629 (resized).jpgIMG_0629 (resized).jpg

IMG_0975 (resized).jpgIMG_0975 (resized).jpgIMG_1100 (resized).jpgIMG_1100 (resized).jpg
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I recently received my Super Bowler backglass after getting restored from BGResto. I couldn't be happier. Before and after pics are below.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Homegameroom, I'm new to restoring pinballs, how much should I expect to pay for a backglass restoration. I have passed on a couple EM games because the backglass was flaking.

Regards,

Alberto

#14 4 years ago

I think it is less expensive if he has the scan already, but in general I think you are looking at $250-$400 after everything is said and done.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Homegameroom, I'm new to restoring pinballs, how much should I expect to pay for a backglass restoration. I have passed on a couple EM games because the backglass was flaking.
Regards,
Alberto

Also - please keep in mind that despite the name, BGResto does not restore your original glass. He provides a duplicate which is a printed film permanently mounted between glass panes. If he has not done that particular game before, he will need your original glass to work from. If he has done that game, he does not need the original.
I have several and really like them. Price has been $300-$350ish.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

He provides a duplicate which is a printed film permanently mounted between glass panes.

I don't believe the BGresto-producd films are mounted between 2 panes of glass (a different vendor uses that technique).
The way I understood it, the films for the colored portion and also the silvered/greyed backing are bonded to the back of a single pane of glass using a heating technique.

#18 4 years ago

Can any body tell me why "space time" and "time zone"apparently are the same pin released a year apart????odd!! I also need a "space time" backglass,so please put me in touch with this dealer,Thank-you!!!!

#19 4 years ago

Must have been demand for a 2 player version nine months later?
Anyway, contact BGresto through "Contact Us" on the website.
He's sometimes a little slow getting back, but I understand that his main job requires lots of travel.
http://bgresto.com/?p=1608

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Can any body tell me why "space time" and "time zone"apparently are the same pin released a year apart????odd!! I also need a "space time" backglass,so please put me in touch with this dealer,Thank-you!!!!

2 player vs 4 player. It was common for the same layout to have 2 and 4 player versions with slightly different names or sometimes completely different names.

#21 4 years ago

I used BGResto once and will again. It takes time and is worth it.

#22 4 years ago

I emailed him last week. Heard back in less then 24 hours.
I have 2 from him already and buying 2 more.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Also - please keep in mind that despite the name, BGResto does not restore your original glass.

Not completely true, he is restoring to my original backglass such that I can keep the mirrored portion. He is really flexible and will recommend services to meet your needs.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Regards,
Alberto

Mine was a little over $300 or $350, if I recall. I sent it to him in late July and got it back in late October. Mine is indeed printed on some sort of plastic that was fused to the back of a new piece of tempered glass. it is not a sandwich-type of product - and it looks amazing!

I did contact him first with pictures of the front and back of it before sending it out. I know restoring these is a side business for him, so don't be too impatient on any responses, though he replied to me fairly quickly.

#25 4 years ago

Although I appreciatte the effort, the one I had was like an inkjet paper glued to the glass and the light had a very hard time shining thru and spreading and only showed up as spots. It looked good otherwise though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasanton, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-glass-resto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.