You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.10be9e381a4e172c875715e5f62ac4b2efd1853a (resized).jpg
KO problem (resized).JPG
Knockout backboax lights (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I have a 1975 Knockout pinball machine, and all of the lights behind the backglass recently quit working. Both scoring mechanisms still work. I checked the two main connections, and they are good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 1 year ago

A schematic would help. Figure out where they get power from, and what leaf blade switch is open and why.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

A schematic would help. Figure out where they get power from, and what leaf blade switch is open and why.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1392/Bally_1975_Knockout_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

shows a white page in my browser but if I "download & open with a PDF viewer it shows up

is it "general illumination (panel) "

Knockout backboax lights (resized).jpgKnockout backboax lights (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

I'd probably start by looking at this fuse and check the switches on the Lock Relay. Might want to re-seat the Jones plugs going to the head as well.

KO problem (resized).JPGKO problem (resized).JPG
1 week later
#5 1 year ago

I have the schematic and have no idea how to read it. Any advice?

#6 1 year ago

Current should flow through the red circuit below if the Lock Relay switch (shown as open on the schematic) is closed. The fuse needs to be good, and the wiring connecting everything has to be good. The wire colors on the schematic will tell you which switch to check on the Lock Relay. If there is a Jones plug or 2 connecting the backbox to the bottom board, re-seat them first to see if those connections are good.

pinside.10be9e381a4e172c875715e5f62ac4b2efd1853a (resized).jpgpinside.10be9e381a4e172c875715e5f62ac4b2efd1853a (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

Check what he was good enough to high lite in yellow.

Pull and check fuse with a meter.

Check leaf blade switch on lock relay. Are the contacts clean ? Does the lock relay pull in and close them ?

#8 1 year ago

If your front door lights are on, then you know your 10 Amp fuse is good

#9 1 year ago

replace the fuseholder, most of the Bally machines have bad fuseholders.
One of the standard parts to be replaced on these machines...

#10 1 year ago

+1 on the bad fuse holder....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-glass-lights-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.