2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by AlexF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C592D070-F50E-4432-A70C-7CD6BF6A16EA (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Just got my first EM. A Gottlieb Volley. Working well but none of the lights in that backbox come on. Any ideas? Where do I start?

#2 2 years ago

Check the 10 amp backbox illumination fuse which is probably near the coin box.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 2 years ago

So I examined the fuse, it looked ok. I removed it and put it back. Unplugged all the Jones plugs and plugged them back in. Miracle... it worked. For a few days.

Now they are out again and the unplug/replug everything doesn't seem to do the trick. Any other ideas what to check? Is there a way to get the schematic for this game somewhere?

#4 2 years ago

Pinball Resource has both the schematic and a copy of the manual.

Pbresource.com
    C592D070-F50E-4432-A70C-7CD6BF6A16EA (resized).jpegC592D070-F50E-4432-A70C-7CD6BF6A16EA (resized).jpeg

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from arsmith7:

So I examined the fuse, it looked ok

We don't look at fuses, we test them

#6 2 years ago

That’s fair but also it started working and went back out which seems unlikely to be the fuse

Quoted from TheLaw:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8421e7f8536c5d03f5e8707ac4677f3d3c4f0857-1630616216-1800"};
    //]]>

We don't look at fuses, we test them

#7 2 years ago

Clean the jones plugs good. Probably a flaky connection.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Clean the jones plugs good. Probably a flaky connection.

Thanks. Best method? Just a wire brush to the male end?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from arsmith7:

Thanks. Best method? Just a wire brush to the male end?

Yep. That's what I do. Don't have to go crazy just knock down any oxidation. Usually does the trick.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-box-lights-out-?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.