• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_5213.JPG
100_5210.JPG
100_5212.JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

If you want to do it for fun or something to add then cool. But it does not need it one bit.

All the components have a operating range which is within the range of what your back box could ever get to.

And no PC's and Laptops do not run better running cooler. With todays cpus they adjust to load. So more processing needed the hotter they will run and they need to stay in the operting range and they cannot without the help of a fan. Those aftermarket pc coolers are for people who overclock cpu and video cards.

I worked at Intel for 4 years so this is not speculation.

Anyway unless you think your backbox temps are out of the components operating ranges, cooling them will not help or add life and will suck in dust like someone mentioned which will make the components run hotter.

Williams and Bally would have done this if it needed it.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

If you want to do it for fun or something to add then cool. But it does not need it one bit

the first pic I posted was in a star trek 25th, I found this thread... "Replacing fan in back box"
I think it came stock? not sure... why would they do that if it is stock? not trying to cause problems, just trying to understand. I would think the fan would help some with thermal dynamics
just helping the heated air escape a little faster... I don't know.

#53 11 years ago

APOLLO_13 my explanation wasn't to crap on your stuff do I hope your not mad. I was just explaining. I didn't want to read another Mad Amusement post but if your have an issue with your DMD board the Rottendog board is a great replacement.

#54 11 years ago

oh no... not at all, sorry it came off that way... last thing from my mind...
I saw this at marco... oh no, sorry about that... I was just really wondering if the factory put it in...

Motor - cooling fan 4-1/2" 12 vdc
#041-5014-00
Motor - cooling fan 4-1/2" 12 vdc

#55 11 years ago

I just ordered a board from "mad" and was thrilled... had to post to show it's not all bad.

#56 11 years ago

Yep I never had an issue with the guy. I get stuff from him all the time.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

I just ordered a board from "mad" and was thrilled... had to post to show it's not all bad.

He is great if you live in the USA, which has been stated 10000 times.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

Slate said:If you want to do it for fun or something to add then cool. But it does not need it one bit
the first pic I posted was in a Star Trek 25th, I found this thread... "Replacing fan in back box"
I think it came stock? not sure... why would they do that if it is stock? not trying to cause problems, just trying to understand. I would think the fan would help some with thermal dynamics
just helping the heated air Escape a little faster... I don't know.

I may have misunderstood the thread. If it came with one then the designers deemed it needed.
Like BVM said It could be becuase maybe the hologram is thin and warps easy from the slightest heat.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He is great if you live in the USA, which has been stated 10000 times

sorry...

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

I may have misunderstood the thread. If it came with one then the designers deemed it needed.
Like BVM said It could be becuase maybe the hologram is thin and warps easy from the slightest heat

you might be right with this machine... I think it was for the hologram... sorry guys, I've only been into pins for about 6 months, I'm still learning...

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#62 11 years ago

You could install those Xenon blue bulbs you love so much in the backbox!

I bet those would help keep it cool.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

You could install those Xenon blue bulbs you love so much in the backbox!
I bet those would help keep it cool.

Probably.

#65 11 years ago

Mine will not be a huge I-saw like the one in the link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-box-cooling/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.